Website host

Vontickle

Looking to start making a website for my VTC, but still deciding how to go about it, Stobart trucking and blackout trucking have good websites, anybody know who they host with? or could recomend a host/builder?

Regards

Von'Tickle

Von'Tickle | TeamSpeak Manager
Matthew Logistics Cargo

I'm with Stuart on this one...

Goto oneprovider.com select France you can get a server for a decent price with 1gbps connection for about €7 :)

https://www.kimsufi.comis ovh (mp servers host except Asia) decent prices limited to 100 mbps however.

Also I use my domain name registrar for shared hosting XD.

Oh for vps ovh is the best ;) it's about €3 per core

Edit: private servers need setting up and I'm sure Stuart and I along with others could help you there ;)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I've been hosting my websites on my own dedicated server aswell, but since it's way cheaper hosting it somewhere else

I've moved my websites to versio.

It's only 0,50€ / month (cheapest)

They are cheap and realy great service.

www.versio.nl
www.versio.be
www.versio.uk

(all the same, but every country has it's own page)

Basicly this is the cheapest option to host, especialy compared against Dedicated server or a VPS.

Low cost, low risk, no need to manage anything yourself

.//> Scania Emplyoee <\\.

.//> Driving Status: image.png- Location @ Map
logo.png

Do remember that if you pay peanuts, you'll usually end up with monkeys. Strato also has some cheap VPS packages. Other good VPS providers are Tilaa, TransIP and CloudVPS but these have slightly higher prices.

All of these providers give 99.5% uptime guarantee on a yearly basis. 99.5% uptime on a monthly basis equals 47 minutes, but when measured on a annual basis, they can have a downtime of up to a full work day and still reach their uptime SLA. 

If you're happy running a Linux server, you might also want to checkout DimeVPS. They have several hosting sites in the US and Europe.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

If you want a paid host, GoDaddy or 1&1 are great choices.

Nither are great choices.

Some reasons why not to choose GoDaddy and with some simple googling you can find plenty of horror stories both in regards to their support and quality of service. (and personally I'd say they haven't paid enough for being in support of SOPA and PIPA yet)

There are similar horror stories with 1&1 as well and you can find plenty of cases with some googling.

For straight up suggestions:

Managed, shared hosting (you get a web panel like cpanel), Hostgator and Bluehost if you're ok with US

For VPSes: Digitalocean* have a great offering covering several areas and operating systems, this is the provider used for Asia 1. Another option that is tried and true is Linode. Key with both of these are that they don't over provision their machines, so you are guaranteed the resources that you pay for.

For Dedicated machines(not really suited for single sites): OVH has several cheapo offerings under the Kimsufi brand and SoYouStart, personally I'm using Hetzner which is quite similar to OVH's cheap hosting solution.

Most importantly, check something like Web Hosting Talk for reviews and thoughts from other people on what ever you consider. For a single site, don't go all out, a dedi is overkill in most situations(99% of cases for private people to go dedicated, it's been overkill)

*this link will give you a 10$ credit to test it out, and if you continue and spend 25$ I'll get 25$ as well

All free ones i know have basically gone to hell... But if you want to try a free hosting site try x10hosting.com as they have been around for 10 years+ and ive used them when they where new.

Oh my Domain name registrar is namecheap not GoBaddy, because as how ive spelled it, it really is as stated by Tuxy...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

It's weird because GoDaddy and 1&1 got gold and silver medals respectively in a magazine I read (not a junky one either. Web User is the name)

What Egg-roll said, and to be more on point, anyone reads magazines anymore? o.O

Magazines are fundamentally flawed, because once you take advertisement money and/or sponsors, you have no incentive of *actually* talking bad about the companies that advertise with you, in fact you are likely to do the polar opposite, talk good about them, because maybe they will return with their gooshy money, I know 1&1 have been aggressive at advertisements in UK magazines.

Hello Truckers,

If you really want a free webhost you should check out 000webhost, I have been hosting from the website and had no problems.

Link to 000webhost: http://www.000webhost.com/

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived