Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

City of the Week - London - Week 3

logohd.png

Week 3 - 15.06.15 to 21.06.15

What is City of the Week?

City of the Week is a series of official discussion topics about a particular city, created to spark interaction and discussion within the community. Anything related to the city is allowed in these topics, such as problems, opinions, requests to other players, events, and more.

Next Week: Bergen

Remember you can advertise convoys from the city in the City of the Week topics, and you can start planning one for next week already now!

London

London is the capital of and one of the most central cities of the United Kingdom in the game. Having the M25 highway around the city as well as various highway connections allow quick access to the UK and mainland Europe.

• What do you like about London?
  • What do you dislike?
  • How do other players behave?
  • What can other players do to improve the city?

Remember that anything related to the city is allowed - Discussion, questions, advertising for convoys, etc.

City of the week archive

Sorry for posting this a bit late.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

• What do you like about London? big ben in the distance

What do you dislike? they drive on the wrong side (compared to the rest of the EU)

How do other players behave? drive like blind chicken aka normal

What can other players do to improve the city? start driving on the right side!

veteran3.png.00cc537938db70681c433a3de1c

78feccb3735d4d601c213217d51504ad.png In Game Status:status.png

5bdbc323038b92f79529c309a81d3847.png   ||  50b10f433129aa1b36b61c39f11c9548.png  ||  6713a22eca15b698d909cd3166af3950.png

• What do you like about London? The placement of interactive objects

What do you dislike? M25 junctions (All ETS2 motorway junctions!)

How do other players behave? Careless at roundabouts

What can other players do to improve the city? Keep the noise down - there are strict regulations IRL about noise pollution in London

Cooper's Freightmaster
In Game Administrator

• What do you like about London? Realistic scenery (even if it is slightly outdated already)

What do you dislike? For a major city, its very small and slightly unimpressive

How do other players behave? Like normal

What can other players do to improve the city? Everyone stop on the M25 for half an hour without moving to make it feel more realistic :P

• Upvote 2

BigDave1985

im not sure what you want me too write here tbh :P 95% of the citys are kinda the same on MP.the only diffrence is that UK they drive on other side and scandinavian citys are bit bigger and complicated.

and then you got exceptionaly busy citys ie rotterdam and amsterdam. asking us what you think about london you get exactly the same answer as you would ask about any other city in the UK:''they drive at left side''

dont see much point in writing anything else to be honnest :P

• Upvote 2

• What do you like about London? It's a city

What do you dislike? That I need to turn around it if I want to go to any other UK city.

How do other players behave? They drive on the wrong side of the road (I think, don't even go there)

What can other players do to improve the city? Nothing, except the fact that when people spawn they forgot that they are in UK and even insult you for going on the right side.

What do you like about London? Strategic central place.
•What do you dislike? Hell boring to go around it, and not so detailed to be such a great city.
•How do other players behave? Usually forgetting about which line to drive in.
•What can other players do to improve the city? In case of not knowing even the line in which should be driven, don´t go there.

lkRjRkb.png

Like: Ring Road. Good destination for a delivery.

Dislike: 1. People forget to drive on the left. Or they do that on purpose.

(in fact this happens everywhere in England)

2. The bridge makes drivers lose their ways.

Players: Fine. Except wrong way drivers. 

Improve: Remember to drive on the left.

• Upvote 1

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

What do you like about London? It's in the UK ;)
What do you dislike? Bit small for a large city/counties
How do other players behave? Well, they think they're still in Europe and drive on the freaking right hand side of the road.
What can other players do to improve the city?  learn to drive on the left! XD

Edited by Cooper's Freightmaster
  • Upvote 1

• What do you like about London?  City is surrounded of the highway

What do you dislike?  English persons drive on the wrong side than others European

How do other players behave?  Somebody drives wrong way but all players drive better than in Rotterdam

What can other players do to improve the city?  Driving correctly makes a better Multiplayer

76561198125941119.png    

• What do you like about London?: Plenty entrance / exit points from the city, nice surroundings, drives on correct side of road.

What do you dislike?: Ingame makes out that driving in London is alright. No Shard =(

How do other players behave?: Better than in real London.

What can other players do to improve the city?: Keep on the one true side of the road, and enjoy the fact that you dont need to pay congestion charge, or enjoy regular accidents on the M25

What do you like about London?

One of the larger cities in the UK. Seems to sometimes be fuller than Rotterdam. Lots of enterances/exits.

What do you dislike?

The side of the road you guys drive on can be confusing for us Americans.

How do other players behave?

Considering the amount of people, pretty well. Most trolls are at the repair shop or the roundabouts.

What can other players do to improve the city?

Remember what side of the road to drive on, I spot more wrong way drivers in London more than anywhere else.

• Upvote 1

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

Wow! A Whole ETS2MP Thread about me? I'm feeling loved... thank you guys!  :wub: 

BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS.

Well being from London in real life, I couldn't help myself but join in the conversation. 

What do you like about London?

London is a great city! Despite having to re-adjust to the left-hand side driving, it's a great place to start your HQ as you have easy access to ports across the UK coastline to mainland europe. And not to mention we have the best pubs!

What do you dislike?

Well, it does feel a little empty, London is a big city and I wish there was more detail and England like roads. London roads are very narrow and challenging for truck drivers in the centre, as the city is very old! I Hope to see SCS update this and really bring a challenge to us for both ETS2 and the MP!

How do other players behave?

Well as in true British form, us english drivers only just tut and sigh and retaliation against bad drivers. But it's understanding that most are so used to driving on the right, that they will have problems, but please. Use common sense!

What can other players do to improve the city?

We may seem like a depressed bunch of londoner's with wonky teeth, funny accents and half drunk all the time, but we are a friendly bunch, and we are friendly :) Make sure to give a honk or say hello to a fellow driver at the service stops or petrol stations! Also make sure to say sorry if you are in the wrong, otherwise we'll gather up like green street hooligans and yell (U W0T M8, U WNT SME, I SWER ON ME NANS LYFE!!11!!) ha :)

I do love London, it's my home! I'm glad you love it too. thanks for all the positive comments! 

Much Love

the Original Lad in London ;)

• Upvote 3

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

• What do you like about London? Everything, the roads, the attractions you can see etc

What do you dislike? People wont drive on the correct side of the road, IT ANNOYS ME WHEN PEOPLE DONT DRIVE ON THE LEFT

How do other players behave? Not sure for some reason London is always empty when im there

What can other players do to improve the city? Drive on the correct side of the road.

Yes This Is A Rainbow, Problem?