[ARCHIVED] How to use the Ban Appeal System [EN]

_J-M

Security reason.

Sorry but making a secure upload form and backend isn't terribly hard, to add some extra security to it:

location /uploads/ {root /some/place/that/php/doesnt/look;}

(slightly simplified, but you should get the gist)

• Web Developer

Sorry but making a secure upload form and backend isn't terribly hard, to add some extra security to it:

location /uploads/ {root /some/place/that/php/doesnt/look;}

(slightly simplified, but you should get the gist)

What if the user upload a infected picture?

What if the user upload a infected picture?

Virustotal, Clam, as long as people patch their systems, they aren't any more at risk than browsing the forums, besides, there's a while since there was any major RCE's in GDI(iirc this was the last RCE).

• Web Developer

Virustotal, Clam, as long as people patch their systems, they aren't any more at risk than browsing the forums, besides, there's a while since there was any major RCE's in GDI(iirc this was the last RCE).

I might do it later. For now this is going to be the system.

I'm gonna miss people publicly proclaiming their brother was the reason for their "misfortunes."

Good work as always. This should make it easier for everyone.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

either so I can not see ban Appeal or so I can not send ban apeal

Click the home tab at the top of this page next to the forums tab

Re log in on the home page top right

Once logged in in the top right next to Welcome 'your name' a tab called 'manage' appears click that

Next you'll see 'What do you want to do?'

Click ban appeal system and follow the on screen instructions

• Web Developer

First, good job on brainstorming ways to improve the website experience. Let's hope this new system achieves its objectives. Cheers.

So far I'm happy with the result. Took about 15-20 hours of coding. Been writing that system all weekend :P

• Upvote 1

• Web Developer

This is a good idea. But I will miss going through the rejected pile and seeing excuses :( . But seeing as I hopefully won't get banned - Nothing I need to worry about. 

Join the team and you'll be able to see them ;)

We might do a TOP Reason of the week about the ban appeal :P. Could be funny :D

• Upvote 1

This is a good idea. But I will miss going through the rejected pile and seeing excuses :( . But seeing as I hopefully won't get banned - Nothing I need to worry about. 

lol, I would look through them as well  :D  :D  :D

We might do a TOP Reason of the week about the ban appeal  :P. Could be funny  :D

That would be awesome. Funniest ban appeal of the week  :D

If My Comment Helped You, Please Click "Like This" Above

steam_sig.png