Why are there so many imbeciles?

Brodir

Question

I've played multiplayer on and off for a fair while and one thing I've noticed in particular is the number of people who seem to be driving as per normal but when overtaking (or in any number of situations) decide to ram you from the side for no apparent reason. Or there are other examples of people causing traffic jams or just driving into people. I know i see a lot of people being kicked and banned for this - but for example the other day i (and probably close to 50 or 60 other people) were held up by members of a 'clan' called Rotex and nothing happened to them. In the end i just got through by annoying the one blocking me by holding down my horn for a couple of minutes - not sure about those behind me.

I'm just bemused by the number of people that do it, what are their motivations? What makes it suddenly a good idea to damage yourself and someone else for apparently no reason?

Before anyone talks about lag, framerate or ping, i'm not talking about those situations - it's pretty evident when someones lagging out and if a collision happens well that's unfortunate but i can't blame them, especially when Rotterdam and the Europoort are basically no-go zones during peak times if you want to actually get through unscathed or in good time. It just seems that for every one decent person who'll politely beep as you pass each other and drive sensibly - during peak times there are two mentally deficient troglodytes who's sole intention is to cause mayhem, or who have so little self control that even being within 100m of them is enough to propel them into a furious rage in which they cannot help but ram you and other people. It's not nearly as big a problem during less busy times, or with some exceptions towards the fringes of the map, but still bemusing, annoying and expensive.

I keep seeing people being kicked for this sort of thing or receiving minor bans, why not just permanently ban them in cases where their guilt is certain? I'd rather a smaller community with less trolls and idiots...

Perhaps i'll just add their names to a list so i can know to avoid them if i see them again.  :D

• Upvote 2

13 answers to this question

Its to be expected with the way this has been made.

I know of a flight simulator where you have to pass tests in order to go online and if you break the rules then you may get the chance to take it again but if it keeps happening then they get their license revoked.

This is what it should be like OR at least a theory test.

• Upvote 2

If I helped you click the "Like this" button

World of trucks editors pic 12/12/2014: https://worldoftrucks.com/en/gallery.php?i=0&s=e

R.I.P Paul Walker

It's something I've heavily experienced as well. For example maybe 3 months ago I was playing on the mulitplayer server, I pulled out of the garage in a city somewhere in England I think it was and I hadn't got very far up the road when someone in the oncoming lane just swerved to hit me, there weren't many people in the area so I can pretty much rule out lag for sure. Anyway, this went on to happen another two times (by the second time it had become a bit busier) and at the end of it these three collisions had cost me just over £100,000 in repairs, no joke. This was even more annoying because I hadn't been playing that long so my bank account was pretty weak, and after this it ended up taking me in to minus figures, which didn't help the loan repayment situation. 

I know people like to have a bit of fun every now and then, but please think about the people you're whacking in to, as it goes against the whole community spirit of the mod - it's not trolling, to me trolling would be doing things to annoy someone without damaging them, but when you intentionally damage someone you're just pathetic and seriously need to re-evaluate why it is you're playing the game and why you feel the need to do such things.

Cayd, I agree with you. We SHOULD have some sort of test to weed out these arseholes so as to make it not worth the time and effort to just piss arse around. We need something more than the usual 1-3 hour ban.

• Upvote 1

I can't understand the guys that want to pass you no matter what. For example, I'll be driving along at 55MPH, and someone will be behind me, and you'll know almost immediately that they are hell bent and determined to pass you if it's the last thing they ever do, despite the fact that they can't go any faster than what I'm already going. How do you know? Because they will continually dart into the passing lane, get frustrated, and dive back in behind your trailer. Then a few minutes later, you'll see them in the passing lane yet again, foot shoved through the floorboard on that accelerator, white-knuckling the wheel. 

And God forbid if you have a corner coming up. I think I may be the 1% that slows down marginally for corners that I can't take at 55MPH while expecting to stay in my lane. So if you have a sharper corner, here comes trouble because that guy that's wanted to pass you for like the last 15 minutes isn't slowing down. Now he barrels right past you, finally happy that his struggle is complete, only to realize he can't maintain his lane in the corner, he locks the wheel, nearly topples the truck, and swings wide back into your lane, usually far before his trailer has cleared your cab, cutting you up miserably forcing you to evade and slam on the brakes. All so he can say he passed someone. Jesus f***ing Christ! 

What's worse are the jackasses that don't understand what a double white line means, or those who are so impatient they'd rather cause a head on collision just to get around somebody. The other day in the UK I was on a smaller country road, where I was driving along minding my own business. Suddenly a Volvo is in my lane, I slam on my brakes, honk, and start to evade, the Volvo driver sees me, and cuts back in directly into the long trailer of another unfortunate Volvo he was attempting to pass, wrecking them both and sending the two trucks sailing over my head. 

It's gotten to the point now where I just slow down and move as far over as I can in my lane to let someone pass me, but about 90% of the time I still get cut off, or they try to pass me in sharp S corners and drift back into my lane causing us both to wreck. Pretty damn sick of it. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

The suggestion that has been given is banned for 1 to 7 days users who commit offenses type ram and block and if this user to repeat the attitude, then this be permanently banned.

But managers are banning an hour because there are still people who cause accidents WITHOUT BAD INTENTIONS and are reported.

And if that user again commit such offense, shall be banned for more temp (days, permanent).

Sorry my "best" english by google hahahaha

Claymaster T-REX

Get used to it... Use more often quicksaves. Have more money. If something really bad will happen to me(for example 50-100dmg).I have company in single 30 drivers. I can sleep a couple of times and I have 1-2 millions.

It's gotten to the point now where I just slow down and move as far over as I can in my lane to let someone pass me, but about 90% of the time I still get cut off, or they try to pass me in sharp S corners and drift back into my lane causing us both to wreck. Pretty damn sick of it. 

Familiar situation :lol:

• Upvote 1

Try driving 60 on a secondary road. It's a good thing there is a speed limiter of 90kph. Players know that there isn't any AI traffic, so they keep driving 90 everywhere. At highways, secondary roads, cities, etc.

I just tell myself that those are 14yrs old kids that don't know any better. Just in another thread I saw someone asking for warp 0.8 support, so he has better control in corners. Not being in control of your truck is a clear indication that you're going to fast..

A online drivers test won't change anything. Everybody knows and understands traffic signs that specify the maximum speed. They just ignore them.. 

Same goes for player that always have their beacon on and horn towards every single player they encounter. Very annoying..

On the other hand. The mentality of those kids doesn't really change when they turn into 18 and are allowed behind a real car. Speeding everywhere they can('t) and cutting of truck just before an exit because they're in a too much harry to wait 5 seconds behind the truck..

Don't get annoyed, see it as a new level of realism ;-)

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Everybody knows and understands traffic signs that specify the maximum speed

You'd be surprised.

This game (like many others) is full of little kiddies with no intention of playing the game properly.

I.E. they haven't a clue, nor care, about signs, signals etc.

I, for one, agree with a 'test' before you get to go online.

I disagree with the test.It would be useless becouse this kind of "accidents" intentional.I get cut off 90% of times when I let pass a random player.But it seems to me when the players know that an admin watching all of a sudden these kind of accidents reduce by 90 %.

Same goes for player that always horn towards every single player they encounter. Very annoying..

Damn i agree with you in every point BUT i really love to honk or high beam to every single player o.O Is the best thing in multiplayer! lol

I disagree with the test.It would be useless becouse this kind of "accidents" intentional.I get cut off 90% of times when I let pass a random player.But it seems to me when the players know that an admin watching all of a sudden these kind of accidents reduce by 90 %.

lets put it this way, it can only improve it.

If I helped you click the "Like this" button

World of trucks editors pic 12/12/2014: https://worldoftrucks.com/en/gallery.php?i=0&s=e

R.I.P Paul Walker

Maybe, just a test to use EU#1 seeing as that is where the most sim / proper drivers drive (I don't know about the US server sorry). The rest can use EU#2. Maybe use the massive parking lot (or the Scania testing ground when the Scandinavia DLC comes out :D ) to test the new drivers. 

Timmy.png

What can I say. I ignore traffic signs. I keep driving 90 everywhere. Except cities. I don't overtake if distance  <100. Im playing carefully. I never wait in traffic lights,  because I see and I know there's no one near me. But of course I'll stay in traffic lights for example in Amsterdam/Rottedam, Gdansk etc, and drive at 50km/h in cities because it's just dangerous with such amount of players. No need to lump everyone together.

What can I say. I ignore traffic signs. I keep driving 90 everywhere. Except cities. I don't overtake if distance  <100. Im playing carefully. I never wait in traffic lights,  because I see and I know there's no one near me. But of course I'll stay in traffic lights for example in Amsterdam/Rottedam, Gdansk etc, and drive at 50km/h in cities because it's just dangerous with such amount of players. No need to lump everyone together.

Don't worry we separate the players who sometimes jump a light when it's safe to do so or who go maybe a little bit too fast (we all do that some times) and those who play robot wars (ahh childhood memories!!)!

Timmy.png