How to get Started in Multiplayer with Mods & Tips!!

ClickForLife
Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

We recommend checking our Knowledge Base articles first, before resorting here for the most up-to-date information.

The author is currently in the process of updating this guide.

Nice tutorial, This has helped my friends get started with MP

Happy Trucking!

Safe Journeys Fellow Drivers

~FATAL~

Was my Post Helpful, Click the "Icon" to show your feedback!

✍ Submit A Report | ⌛File An Appeal |  Obey The Law (Must Read) |  Help Desk Submit Ticket | 

✉ Submit Your Feedback | ✉ Got A Suggestion |  Forum Rules | ⚖ How To Become Admin

TMP Status

status.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/01/2017 at 09:53, pete_agreatguy said:

Recomende a atualização deste guia devido ao lançamento do novo cliente de auto-atualização :)

We had Updates! But the Method remains the same! Only the Cited versions in the Original Text change

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone,

I'm just starting the whole multiplayer adventure and quite a few things are unknown to me, even after reading the guide/tutorial in the main post.

I hope you could help me out (I'm not really interested in the game anymore, but my little cousin absolutely loves the game, and has wanted to play online ever since he first saw me play single player almost a year back.

I did, however, buy it for both of us simply because a 5,00€ weekend deal for the game was too good to pass up.

So, here are my questions:

1. Are single player progress and online progress synched? Meaning, can I build up my account playing single player, and then connect to a server and play with my developed account? Can I play the same account partially online and partially in single player mode?

2. What about DLCs and online mode? Are DLCs supported when playing online? It seems like a shame not having entire France, Italy, Scandinavia, Hungary, Poland, etc.

2. Will my Steam automatically re-update my game to the latest patch after I manually select to run it on an older version, currently supported by the server in order to play online, and if so, is there a way to deactivate auto update back to the latest version?

3. How do you conduct text chat when connected to a server? Is there a tutorial on how to actually play once connected to a server (to show me all the multiplayer-only features)?

4. I noticed voices that sounded like real people speaking. Is that possible in the online version and how?

Thanks for Your time,

Ivica

10 hours ago, Bakr3ni said:

1. Are single player progress and online progress synched? Meaning, can I build up my account playing single player, and then connect to a server and play with my developed account? Can I play the same account partially online and partially in single player mode?

2. What about DLCs and online mode? Are DLCs supported when playing online? It seems like a shame not having entire France, Italy, Scandinavia, Hungary, Poland, etc.

2. Will my Steam automatically re-update my game to the latest patch after I manually select to run it on an older version, currently supported by the server in order to play online, and if so, is there a way to deactivate auto update back to the latest version?

3. How do you conduct text chat when connected to a server? Is there a tutorial on how to actually play once connected to a server (to show me all the multiplayer-only features)?

4. I noticed voices that sounded like real people speaking. Is that possible in the online version and how?

First of all welcome!

1.: yes you totally can. your profile is saved locally on the computer anyways so you can freely switch between single- and multiplayer.

2.: no it won't.. you have to go back to Betas tab and select cancel all betas or whatever its called in your language

3.:there are a lot of guide indeed. for example: 

4. Thats the ingame CB radio u can talk there aswell(depens on your key settings.. for me it is "X")

regards,

Eclipse