How to get Started in Multiplayer with Mods & Tips!!

ClickForLife
Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

We recommend checking our Knowledge Base articles first, before resorting here for the most up-to-date information.

The author is currently in the process of updating this guide.

Day three and I am still looking for some kind of guide telling me how to do certain things. Perhaps if I tell what I have learned so far you will understand what I am looking for.

If I press TAB I see a list of players nearby.

To open chat I can press Y. Only seems to be used for reporting etc rather than actually talking to people, not sure if that is a rule thing or just that people do not talk.

The delivery points have a no damage box which means you can happily drive through another truck with no damage, watch out for entrances though that box ends at the gate I think.

Don't leave your trailer somewhere and pop off for repairs etc your job will be cancelled, read that on screen haven't tested it.

You will never get tired.

No automatic parking. If you cannot reverse and park you will just have to give up on that job and cancel it.

MP time is different. If you arrive at your destination in time, save, go to singleplayer, load saved game your job will be flagged as late.

What did I miss or get wrong? Any more keys I should know about?

You've got the hang of things, good work. Also as long as you drive good and follow the rules of the road and the rules of Multiplayer you've got nothing to worry about, but I will add some extra stuff to help you even more!

In-game Rules (Current: 15th January 2015)

Here's the rules of the road of Multiplayer for you to read and to follow:

Multiplayer In-game Rules

Tab List Help

Recently the Tab list got an update to the way you can control it and make it visible. It's now controlled by a toggle instead of a hold so when wanting to see players close to you in-game it's simply a press of the tab key and no longer a hold, like in previous versions. To interact with the tab list you need to hold down the right mouse button at all times to reveal a mouse, which lets you select players and view their steam profiles. 

*Unfortunately when holding down the right mouse button all steering is disabled so use at your own risk when driving and is best used when stationary*

Overtaking Other Truckers Safely

When playing online there's always going to be a delay somehow and it plays a big part when playing Multiplayer. So hopefully the below will teach you the best method when overtaking another driver without causing any hassle and accidents.

1: When approaching a truck and preparing to overtake, remember to check your mirrors and put on your blinker to maybe tell the driver in front you're overtaking.

2: Start to pull out, remembering to check your mirrors in case of any blind spot drivers, or any drivers without any lights on.

3: Once you've passed the truck, remember do NOT pull in straight away as it will cause you to "ram/crash" into them on their screen, unlike yours.

4: Before pulling in make sure you're a good distance away, hopefully around 100m to 120m on the tab screen. In some cases good drivers usually flash you back in or drop speed to let you overtake safely.

Disabling the Chat & Multiplayer Interface

Sometimes when players want a more realistic feeling the in-game Multiplayer interface can be turned off and turned on. Features included in the interface such as the in-game chat along with avatar pictures and nametags.

Turn Chat Off/On

Press F9 to toggle.

Turn Interface Off/On

Press F11 to toggle.

Exiting/Entering Non/Collision Zones

When entering and exiting non/collision zones it's good to remember to check the outside incase of any players with trailers or yourself with a trailer. If you proceed to stay inside other players when exiting and entering zones it will cause both trucks to have an accident and to receive alot of damage and at the end of the day, causing more hassle for both of you in terms of blocking and maybe money problems. So it's good to stay safe and keep your eye open when using these zones.

Driving further from Vehicles when Driving normally and Approaching busy cities

When driving normally on the roads you will approach vehicles and sometimes may not be able to overtake safely so then you will need to stay behind them. To stay your safest behind them I recommend a good distance between both of you to stop any hassle that may occur due to network lag and possibly "desync" of another truck, maybe causing an accident in the process if you're too close behind. If you're asking what "desync" is, it's when the truck infront of you will spring back like a rubber band and if you're in the way, you will be taken out, so it's recommended to stay as far back as you can, while not going too slow of course.

Parking Trailers and Giving other People a chance

At some point when you're driving you're going to be parking a trailer in a yard. The best thing to recommend if you're not pushed for time is to respect the other driver who may be already parking and wait patiently in order to let them park with as much of a view as possible. This will help the other driver hopefully park quicker and make it easier and more realistic as possible. If you're really pushed for time or just don't want to wait you're free to park when they're parking but it's also good sometimes to respect other drivers and also having the benefit to make it more realistic.

Signing/Logging out in a Non Collision area

If you've driven already driven about in Multiplayer you will sometimes notice players who randomly appear out of no where like ghosts in a collision area, and sometimes you may actually get jump scared by them. Sometimes it can be caused by a crash which cannot be helped under certain circumstances but it's always best to try to log out in a Non Collision area to avoid any crashes/collisions with any other vehicle and stop potentially jump scaring anyone.

If any other user wants to add anything to the list than I could have possibly missed out then comment below and I'll add it in!

I hope all the things help you above, to hopefully improve your whole Multiplayer experience and get the most out of the Multiplayer!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

I think you're best bet in this situation is to either re-install Euro Truck Simulator 2 or do the following process below to 100% make sure that your game is updated fully and is on the recent version. 

*Remember DLC will only work if the DLC is supported for the version it was released with and up!*

Checking and Setting Game Version

1: Start off by right clicking "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in your library in your Steam and click on "Properties"

2: You will be shown a window with some tabs on it. Click the tab labelled "Betas"  

3: Next you will see a drop down box with lots of versions of the game, the option you're wanting to choose is "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"

(Currently Supported by MP Mod at time of writing) (Most recent version for ALL Downloadable Content at time of writing)

4: Finally let your Euro Truck Simulator 2 update to the most recent version of the game.

Deleting and Re-installing Downloadable Content (After Checking Game Version)

1: Start off by right clicking "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in your library in your Steam and click on "Properties"

2: You will be shown a window with some tabs on it. Click the tab labelled "DLC"  

3: Next you will see a list of all the DLC you've got installed and if they're installed or not. Start off by unticking all DLC, hit close and let your Euro Truck update to delete the files.

4: After this you will repeat the process above and re-tick all the DLC you've got installed and then hit close.

5: Finally if your Euro Truck is on the version support by DLC, you should receive no errors and the DLC should work.

If you've had any problems understanding the above comment below so I can help you further. Remember to comment once you've done the above and remember to keep me updated on your progress!

Cheers

Click

All I had to do is re install Euro Truck Simulator. It now works perfect but thanks!

• Upvote 1

76561198162361460.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the mp client and when I started the game I have only 2k euros and a job. After finishing that job there were no more jobs available. I downloaded the money mod but it doesnt work and I tried the save game profile but when I try to load the profile it says DLC going east required? Before downloading ets2 on steam I actually had a previous ets2 (with going east dlc) on my computer but that was not linked to steam. Is that the source of the problem? When I open the mp client I can start ets2 normally and see my original profile from the previous ets2 (with going east dlc) though. Thanks.

no, your pirated one isn't problem, Try this, if you started new profile, play in single player untill you buy your own truck (because of the server's forced gametime, you'll be always late if you are doing quick jobs)

thanks it worked but after a couple of days later there were no jobs again and i had to change the number in the cfg file again. i tried to go to sleep but it said i wasnt tired. is there a permanent fix for this? why do some players not have this problem at all?

i tried to go to sleep but it said i wasnt tired.

Everything that needs time to be done(fast-travelling, rescuing to service, sleeping, driving), forces the game to refresh jobs -it doesn't work in single player, because server controls the gametime

is there a permanent fix for this?

Play in single player  - for example do a quick job

why do some players not have this problem at all?

Everybody gets that problem - as mentioned above, they just go in single player and game fixes itself

Everything that needs time to be done(fast-travelling, rescuing to service, sleeping, driving), forces the game to refresh jobs -it doesn't work in single player, because server controls the gametime

Play in single player  - for example do a quick job

Everybody gets that problem - as mentioned above, they just go in single player and game fixes itself

do u mean go in single player and use the same profile or another profile just for single player?

i went to single player with the same profile but there were no quick jobs or freight jobs. i went to visit the truck dealer then the jobs appeared again.

• 2 weeks later...

do u mean go in single player and use the same profile or another profile just for single player?

i went to single player with the same profile but there were no quick jobs or freight jobs. i went to visit the truck dealer then the jobs appeared again.

Thanks FirestarteR for replying while I was on Holiday, I appreciate it man. 

The best thing to do as I recommend in my guide is to create two different accounts, one for Multiplayer and one for SinglePlayer. Doing this will hopefully reduce errors and not give you any problems referring to jobs not appearing and other common errors. Hopefully all your errors have been fixed but comment below if you've got any more, and I'll be happy to help!

Thanks again, and hope this helps!

Cheers

Click 

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Im new to ETS 2 Multiplayer but have been playing ETS 2 for almost a year.

I donwload ETS 2 MP Client from the official website and i got a problem while installation of it

I do not see a Installation Directory file path automatically coming up.

Till this step its ok ↓

ZEbKftd.png

After this, I do not see a installtion Directory. ↓

HVM7SY7.png

Can anyone help me regarding this?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello guys!

Im new to ETS 2 Multiplayer but have been playing ETS 2 for almost a year.

I donwload ETS 2 MP Client from the official website and i got a problem while installation of it

I do not see a Installation Directory file path automatically coming up.

Till this step its ok ↓

-snip

After this, I do not see a installtion Directory. ↓

-snip

Can anyone help me regarding this?

Thanks in advance :)

Click 'Browse', then find the location where you installed Euro Truck Simulator 2 to (usually it's: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2) then click 'Next' to proceed

y1u9Gtd.jpg

No problem :)

Hey carrythxd

I did what you said it worked well

But after launching the game, I made a new profile,named by company,did the first job(part of the tutorial you know)

And after autosave of finishing my job.

I get something in bottom of the game screen in Dark Red colour.

Saying:~

Connection Established.

You were kicked from the game due to an invalid paint job. Please change your paint job.

Any advices on how to fix that^ ?

Hey carrythxd

But after launching the game, I made a new profile,named by company,did the first job(part of the tutorial you know)

Connection Established.

You were kicked from the game due to an invalid paint job. Please change your paint job.

I have no idea what that could be, I've never seen somebody getting kicked for that

y1u9Gtd.jpg

Hey carrythxd

Connection Established.

They cant touch economy when SCS stops supporting they can so you wont see them but now you need buy truck 

Thanks FirestarteR for replying while I was on Holiday, I appreciate it man. 

Welcome - better late reply than never

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-2

Same profile you use on MP;  Exactly what i meant - anything that makes the game speed up the time adds new jobs

Hey carrythxd

Connection Established.

Hey man, thanks for commenting and hopefully I'll be able to shed some light on the situation and get you into the Multiplayer. Like everyone else I've never actually seen anyone with the problem of getting kicked due to an "Invalid Paint Job" but here's some recommendations you can do to hopefully get rid of this problem which involve either downloading a save profile with everything already setup sheerly for the Multiplayer, or to do things without modding with the original game in Singleplayer before Multiplayer the choice is up to you. 

Save Game Profile

One recommendation is just to download a Save Game/Profile, this means you'll have everything done for you and it's the easiest way to have trucks and money in-game so get driving as soon as possible.

Save Game 1: 

ETS2 Save Game 1 (ETS2.LT)

To Install the Profiles:

1: Navigate to this inside your computer:

Your Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/Profiles

2: Once there take the massive folder made of numbers and drag and drop it into this folder.

3: Run your game and the profile should be visible, and you're ready to get in game and customize trucks and controls and other things to your liking.

Playing Singeplayer, getting Loan to buy Truck (Before Multiplayer)

This recommendation is pretty self explanatory. What you're going to have to do is:

1: Start off a Brand New Profile. 

2: Play the Game in Singleplayer until you get the option to take out the highest bank loan.

3: Once you've got the loan buy a truck and customize to your liking.

4: Hop into the Multiplayer mod and repay the loan buy doing jobs in Multiplayer.

Hopefully this helps you get rid of the "Invalid Paint Job" error and gets you straight into enjoying the Multiplayer experience with friends and other drivers. Remember please keep me updated once you've carried out the fixes above so I can try once again to help you fix this problem, I'm always happy to help!

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Click

• Upvote 1

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

I just changed my Paint Job after i got that error, The thing works :D . Connected to Multiplayer =D

But oh well, Another problem on my road, I connect easily to the Europe Server # 1 but after a while while im driving down the highway. It says Connection has been broken.Reconnecting in 10 Seconds.... and after 10 seconds it says Connection has been broken,Restart game and try connecting again. :/

What to do now ? :c

I just changed my Paint Job after i got that error, The thing works :D . Connected to Multiplayer =D

But oh well, Another problem on my road, I connect easily to the Europe Server # 1 but after a while while im driving down the highway. It says Connection has been broken.Reconnecting in 10 Seconds.... and after 10 seconds it says Connection has been broken,Restart game and try connecting again. :/

What to do now ? :c

Nice man, glad you got that problem solved. About the connection issues, I think the Multiplayer servers have had a couple of connection problems recently but I don't think they've been that drastic. From what you're telling me I can't really tell if the problem is server sided or yourself being client sided uploading to the server and maybe having a high ping, but your error doesn't specify high ping and you would receive an error telling you so.

A recommendation I can give you is just to reduce bandwidth/traffic on your internet when playing the Multiplayer to avoid problems. Example maybe WIFI on your phone or any other device in your household, some programs maybe running in the background of your computer taking up bandwidth/traffic on your side.

Another recommendation I can give to you is to remember to always run the Multiplayer client as an "Administrator" this may not help at all, but you never know.

Hopefully this error isn't affecting your gameplay drastically and let's hope it stops disconnecting and calms down in the future, but if the problem persists I'm thinking the problem could be on your side upload and download wise but let's wait and see!

I'm sorry there's not much helpful information I can provide on helping you with this problem, but hopefully the tips I provided keep you connected for longer!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Have a problem. Ports for ETS2 MP - open, but when i go to game, Server error, connection issues. Pls, help..

As I mentioned above, it depends on if it's the servers disconnecting and having connection problems, or yourself connecting to the server, and having client side connection problems. I'll quote the tips I listed above to hopefully get you back into the Multiplayer with a smooth driving experience.

A recommendation I can give you is just to reduce bandwidth/traffic on your internet when playing the Multiplayer to avoid problems. Example maybe WIFI on your phone or any other device in your household, some programs maybe running in the background of your computer taking up bandwidth/traffic on your side.

Another recommendation I can give to you is to remember to always run the Multiplayer client as an "Administrator" this may not help at all, but you never know.

Hopefully this error isn't affecting your gameplay drastically and let's hope it stops disconnecting and calms down in the future, but if the problem persists I'm thinking the problem could be on your side upload and download wise but let's wait and see!

I'm sorry there's not much helpful information I can provide on helping you with this problem, but hopefully the tips I provided keep you connected for longer!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Nice man, glad you got that problem solved. About the connection issues, I think the Multiplayer servers have had a couple of connection problems recently but I don't think they've been that drastic. From what you're telling me I can't really tell if the problem is server sided or yourself being client sided uploading to the server and maybe having a high ping, but your error doesn't specify high ping and you would receive an error telling you so.

Another recommendation I can give to you is to remember to always run the Multiplayer client as an "Administrator" this may not help at all, but you never know.

Cheers

Click

Actually, Its not my client error, Im 101% sure bout that mate.

Wanna know my ping? Its 100-140 in all online games. Downloading speed= 36.51 Mbps and uploading=10.53 Mbps.

Got High Speed Internet. Good Laptop

What else could prove me wrong eh?

The error is by the server and one more thing you may wanna know to help me, The problem only exists in Europe Server #1. If i connect to any other server. Connection Remains perfecto amigo ;)

Im new to this Multiplayer of ETS 2. 

May you have some topic regarding my Network issues?

EDIT

BhcbSp4.png

Ping is fine.

Edited by HarjeevS

Actually, Its not my client error, Im 101% sure bout that mate.

Wanna know my ping? Its 100-140 in all online games. Downloading speed= 36.51 Mbps and uploading=10.53 Mbps.

Got High Speed Internet. Good Laptop

What else could prove me wrong eh?

The error is by the server and one more thing you may wanna know to help me, The problem only exists in Europe Server #1. If i connect to any other server. Connection Remains perfecto amigo ;)

Im new to this Multiplayer of ETS 2. 

May you have some topic regarding my Network issues?

EDIT

BhcbSp4.png

Ping is fine.

Unfortunately if the connection isn't client sided I'm not sure what much advice I can give you, I'm still learning about networking at college, so it's only the basics I can help with there. There's one last recommendation I can give you though and that's if you haven't open the ports for the Multiplayer, it would be wise to do so to maybe improve connection. I'll include a video down below to help you out on what ports to open for the client.

Also if your connection problems are still not fixed and you're still not getting a strong connection to the server I recommend posting below in the Help Section to see if you can get a better solution to your problem and hopefully get you driving smoothly on the roads of Multiplayer.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer - Help Forum

I once again apologize for not actually giving you any working solutions but I do hope you get this problem fixed in the long run to have a more enjoyable experience playing the Multiplayer. Remember to keep me updated with what happens I do hope you get it fixed!

Good Luck and I hope this helps!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just go watch squirrel on youtube he has a video on how to get into ets2mp

Both methods have the same outcome, but I feel like mine's an updated version compared to Squirrel. What ever way people choose we both have the same goal and that's to get people into Multiplayer without any hassle! 

At the end of the day it's up to the user what path they take on finding information regarding Multiplayer!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----