How to get Started in Multiplayer with Mods & Tips!!

ClickForLife
Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

We recommend checking our Knowledge Base articles first, before resorting here for the most up-to-date information.

The author is currently in the process of updating this guide.

Only compatible mods work on the MP.
Mods run in singleplayer mode and save the game, and then start the game in multiplayer mode. Remember that some mods, for example, such as a lamp marker or black grill for Volvo FH will turn off if you change them on the MP;)
The more mods, the greater the load on the game, and sometimes they cause errors in the game, so the less they have, the better.

Have a nice day and good luck ! :) 

Thanks for all the helpful and kind comments guys, I really do hope this thread has helped people get started in Multiplayer hassle free. 
The reason for commenting is that the post recently gained over 100,000 views and I'm firstly shocked and secondly very thankful to every user who has read the post and commented.throughout the years.

Thanks for Reading!

Cheers

Click!

Edited by ClickForLife

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

• 2 months later...

I have a question: in the SP version i have installed truck mods, interface, trailers, and so on, but no money or xp mods, because i don't want to cheat the game, just to "drive" trucks i like and see companies like in reality. Once i've installed the MP version, my mods are gone so i'm asking: is there a way to have the same mods in the MP version too? Or if it isn't , can you give a list/link to mods that are agreed by the MP version of ETS2? Thanks! 

^Sadly Mods don't work in MP - due to synchronization every single user will have to download the same mod (otherwise their game will start looking for the mod files which they don't have and the game will simply crash) . That's why the only allowed mods are using only stuff from the original game

(btw Welcome to the forum)

• Upvote 2

Found a new save that works in ATS.

Best Start Save Game http://www.modsats.com/best-start-save-game-money-skills-last-version-2/

EDIT: There's one minor problem, no XP, so you'll have to level-grind.

Original Save File has been restored thanks to ShareMod staff.

http://sharemods.com/sru8iurl2dxv/C_SAmericanTruckSimulatorSavegamePack.rar.html

Edited by MindlessGonzo
Found a flaw.

76561198060561409.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guide is very useful and complete, surely it will be of help to new people who do not know how to use a mod. 
Thanks for taking the time to make the guide so complete and post it on the forum

• Upvote 1

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&

• 4 weeks later...

Recommend updating this guide due to the release of the new self updating client :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

It might help him to say what those are :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

6 hours ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

Recommend updating this guide due to the release of the new self updating client :)

I will be updating this guide soon. I'm currently very busy with college projects that I've not had much time to play ETS2 or browse the forums. Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it and it will be updated soon.

6 hours ago, MrHarv said:

@ClickForLife ^ and IMO this guide needs more integrations from other guides too.

6 hours ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

It might help him to say what those are :)

If you've got any feedback or recommendations please comment below as I'm open for feedback to use when updating the guide.

Thanks for Reading!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there. Thanks for a brilliant guide for beginners.

I cant seem to download the profile file.

The 1st link just says no file.

The second one, instead of downloading an actual file, it is downloading a file named Session.htm

Can any one help out here?

Again thanks.