How to get Started in Multiplayer with Mods & Tips!!

ClickForLife
Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

We recommend checking our Knowledge Base articles first, before resorting here for the most up-to-date information.

The author is currently in the process of updating this guide.

Experiencing the same problem here, how can I trigger the money mod to work? Do I have to buy or sell something specific or?

hi all

was just having problems getting the money mod to work? i enabled it when i created my profile but it never gave me any money 

The money mod should trigger when creating a Brand New Profile, just remember to select it in the mods panel when creating the new profile. The XP mod can also be used in conjunction for a easy money and quick level profile. Try to make another profile again and report back I'll investigate and have a attempt myself and give feedback.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

On 12/20/2014 at 2:47 AM, ClickForLife said:

The money mod should trigger when creating a Brand New Profile, just remember to select it in the mods panel when creating the new profile. The XP mod can also be used in conjunction for a easy money and quick level profile. Try to make another profile again and report back I'll investigate and have a attempt myself and give feedback.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Click

Aye, creating a new account made it work, thank you!

On 11/14/2014 at 6:50 PM, ClickForLife said:

HowtoInstallMod_zpsb1679db4.png

1: After Downloading the mod above you're now ready to install the mod. Double click the "Install ETS2MP" and you'll be presented with this screen. Select your language of choice and then click enter.

1_zps3255968d.png

2: Next you'll be presented with this screen. This will tell you more information about the Multiplayer mod including the version and recommends you to close all programs during installation.

2_zpse23da599.png

This part needs to be redone because of the snow mod  :P

• Upvote 2

This part needs to be redone because of the snow mod  :P

Maybe unfortunately the thread has reached the max picture limit so it would be hard to implement helpful pictures to aid the process. Also the snow mod is only a temporary mod available with the Multiplayer and is optional, hopefully the installer is detailed enough for people to know how to install it and also notifies them that it's optional.

Thanks for the suggestion though and if the picture limit is increased I'll add in the snow mod options!

Cheers

Click 

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

the exp and rank mod isnt working . idlk why. im installing it but only 6-7k jobs are shown. i also have promods installed , idk what i did wrong can any1 help me ?

Promods shouldn't affect the amount of XP you receive when completing jobs when using this mod. Remember to actually receive the full amount of XP you need to successfully park the trailer, unfortunately getting to the drop off point and simply pressing enter to "Skip Parking" will not work.

You can see the full amount of XP when completing a job shown below. You can see that all the XP from the trip is pretty much parking the trailer:

ets2_00103_zps6ea500b5.png

If you try the above and it's still not working I'll be sure to help you out any other way!

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Click 

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

why not go the winter mod ? I downloaded, I put in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod and still no snow on the server. In single player mod work !

I strongly recommend download the Winter Mod through the Multiplayer Client installer. I know alot of people have had problems but you should give it a couple of tries before quitting on it. If you do manage to download it using one of the "Mirror" links that members of the community have provided it will work also so it's entirely up to you.

So once you've got the actual download sorted next you need to know where your Multiplayer client is installed. My path is listed below to help, it may be similar:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer\data\mods

If you're using the client to download the Winter Mod the you won't need to find your path and insert the file as its done automatically but if you're downloading it the manual way you'll need to insert the "winter_mod.scs" file into the folder above.

Finally once you're in the Multiplayer clients login screen you'll see a "Winter Mod" check box which you can freely check and unchecked if you wish to use or not use the Winter Mod.

Hopefully this helps you install the Winter Mod and get it running in the Multiplayer client!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

will "Skip Parking" ever come? I really suck at parking

ezgif-2730615765.gifHi My Name Is ThePanCaik :D

3: Next you'll be presented with the agreements of the mod. Make sure you read the full thing carefully as your agreeing to anything here. After you've finished reading click agree and then next to proceed.

3_zps4f8535a4.png

Does anyone actually ever read the agreements?

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

will "Skip Parking" ever come? I really suck at parking

I'm not sure if "Skip Parking" will ever reach Multiplayer. If it was strongly asked for by the community they may add it in, but the Multiplayer team want to go for the realistic experience so adding in this feature kinda goes against what they're wanting. 

A little tip to help is to play some Singleplayer and go for the short next door delivery jobs and just practise your steering when reversing and parking, hopefully letting you gain more control og your truck and therefore helping you park alot easier. Remember to follow your back wheels of the trailer and not to swing it too far in order not to jackknife it!

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Click

• Upvote 1

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

I installed mine and it is In spanish. I used the save profile 2 download. I don't know why it is in spanish if I downloaded the English one.

I replied back to your personal message regarding the same topic but I'll post it here also to help other users who maybe having this problem.

I seen you commented on my Guide on "How to get started in Multiplayer" and noticed you downloaded the second save game profile to get into the game easily. It just sprung to my mind that the profile I listed was indeed Spanish and I totally forgot to remove it, so thanks for reminding me!

Anyway to fix your problem, I recommend removing the save game profile that you've installed already and download the following below which is a 100% English file, if that's your language of choice:

Save Game 1:

ETS2 Save Game 1 (ETS2.LT)

Please keep me updated once you've carried out the fixes so I can help you again if this isn't the cause of your problems!

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope you get back into the game as soon as possible!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Does anyone actually ever read the agreements?

I fully read the Multiplayer agreements and that part where they said they would steal your soul muhahahah. On a serious note it is recommended you read the agreements, you never know what can be hidden inside them, a little tip for future endeavours, buying a car, bank mortgages etc.

Cheers

Click

• Upvote 1

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

it keeps saying that we,ve detectid invalid content in your game any help?

You will be receiving this message if you've got DLC installed for the latest version and you're using a past version of Euro Truck meaning the DLC will be disabled until you update to the recent version to be able to use it. Have you had any problems installing and getting online in the Multiplayer client ? You shouldn't be receiving this error if you're on the latest version which is 1.15.2 I believe it is!

If you're got any more problems keep me updated and I'll be sure to help you out!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

I'm not sure if "Skip Parking" will ever reach Multiplayer. If it was strongly asked for by the community they may add it in, but the Multiplayer team want to go for the realistic experience so adding in this feature kinda goes against what they're wanting. 

A little tip to help is to play some Singleplayer and go for the short next door delivery jobs and just practise your steering when reversing and parking, hopefully letting you gain more control og your truck and therefore helping you park alot easier. Remember to follow your back wheels of the trailer and not to swing it too far in order not to jackknife it!

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Click

Okay Thx for the tips

ezgif-2730615765.gifHi My Name Is ThePanCaik :D

Awesome, thanks for the info.

It also worked for me only changing the uset g_force_economy_reset "1", starting the MP game, and then going out, reseting it to "0" and starting again. It failed after my first quick job.

After that I bought my own truck and the sleeping method worked just fine.

I've downloaded the latest version of the mod, and I've performed a fresh install of ETS2 with no mods, only DLC I'm running is the metallic paint.  When opening the multiplayer game I get a warning of invalid version of the mod.

I've downloaded the latest version of the mod, and I've performed a fresh install of ETS2 with no mods, only DLC I'm running is the metallic paint.  When opening the multiplayer game I get a warning of invalid version of the mod.

Can you specify with a picture if necessary what error message you're getting when opening the Multiplayer because there's two different invalid version of the mod you can experience. I know you've stated that you've updated to the recent versions of both the Multiplayer mod and the base game, but let's try again to be sure. If you're talking about "Invalid Version of the MP Mod" the first option will help you. If it's an error relating to out of date DLC the second option will help you.

Invalid Version of Mod

1: To start off with a clean install of the Multiplayer mod, we need to make sure your old version of the Multiplayer mod is removed completely. If you've got the Multiplayer mod shortcut on your desktop all you need to do is:

Right Click on the Shortcut and click "Open File Location"

Next Click on "unins000.exe" and follow the process to completely remove the Multiplayer mod.

*If you've not got a shortcut the Multiplayer mod will be located here by default*

C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

2: Once you've completely removed the Multiplayer mod, next it's time to re-download the mod following the steps in my guide above. 

3: After you've got the Multiplayer mod re-installed and up to date hopefully the error you were receiving has disappeared and you're ready to start trucking ingame!

Invalid Version of Game

1: Start off by right clicking "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in your library in your Steam and click on "Properties"

2: You will be shown a window with some tabs on it. Click the tab labelled "Betas"  

3: Next you will see a drop down box with lots of versions of the game, the option you're wanting to choose is "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"

(Currently Supported by MP Mod at time of writing)

4: Finally let your Euro Truck Simulator 2 update to the most recent version of the game.

Remember to comment the progress of your actions and give me an update if this does fix your problem or not!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Day three and I am still looking for some kind of guide telling me how to do certain things. Perhaps if I tell what I have learned so far you will understand what I am looking for.

If I press TAB I see a list of players nearby.

To open chat I can press Y. Only seems to be used for reporting etc rather than actually talking to people, not sure if that is a rule thing or just that people do not talk.

The delivery points have a no damage box which means you can happily drive through another truck with no damage, watch out for entrances though that box ends at the gate I think.

Don't leave your trailer somewhere and pop off for repairs etc your job will be cancelled, read that on screen haven't tested it.

You will never get tired.

No automatic parking. If you cannot reverse and park you will just have to give up on that job and cancel it.

MP time is different. If you arrive at your destination in time, save, go to singleplayer, load saved game your job will be flagged as late.

What did I miss or get wrong? Any more keys I should know about?

I just checked my DLC's and they were installed. The latest game update and still same the same thing. Any help?

I think you're best bet in this situation is to either re-install Euro Truck Simulator 2 or do the following process below to 100% make sure that your game is updated fully and is on the recent version. 

*Remember DLC will only work if the DLC is supported for the version it was released with and up!*

Checking and Setting Game Version

1: Start off by right clicking "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in your library in your Steam and click on "Properties"

2: You will be shown a window with some tabs on it. Click the tab labelled "Betas"  

3: Next you will see a drop down box with lots of versions of the game, the option you're wanting to choose is "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"

(Currently Supported by MP Mod at time of writing) (Most recent version for ALL Downloadable Content at time of writing)

4: Finally let your Euro Truck Simulator 2 update to the most recent version of the game.

Deleting and Re-installing Downloadable Content (After Checking Game Version)

1: Start off by right clicking "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in your library in your Steam and click on "Properties"

2: You will be shown a window with some tabs on it. Click the tab labelled "DLC"  

3: Next you will see a list of all the DLC you've got installed and if they're installed or not. Start off by unticking all DLC, hit close and let your Euro Truck update to delete the files.

4: After this you will repeat the process above and re-tick all the DLC you've got installed and then hit close.

5: Finally if your Euro Truck is on the version support by DLC, you should receive no errors and the DLC should work.

If you've had any problems understanding the above comment below so I can help you further. Remember to comment once you've done the above and remember to keep me updated on your progress!

Cheers

Click

• Upvote 1

Cz6DhhJ.png

----