How to get Started in Multiplayer with Mods & Tips!!

ClickForLife
Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

We recommend checking our Knowledge Base articles first, before resorting here for the most up-to-date information.

The author is currently in the process of updating this guide.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

I used the save file which was featured on the original post. I was wondering if there's any way of changing your garage/starting point?

EDIT: I used another save file from another thread apparently sorry. ^^

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I have no of my mods in mp and its really upsetting can you help?

Can you specify with a picturearrow-10x10.png if necessary what error message you're getting when opening the Multiplayer because there's two different invalid version of the mod you can experience. I know you've stated that you've updated to the recent versions of both the Multiplayer mod and the base game, but let's try again to be sure. If you're talking about "Invalid Version of the MP Mod" the first option will help you. If it's an error relating to out of date DLC the second option will help you.

Invalid Version of Mod

1: To start off with a clean installarrow-10x10.png of the Multiplayer mod, we need to make sure your old version of the Multiplayer mod is removed completely. If you've got the Multiplayer mod shortcut on your desktop all you need to do is:

Right Click on the Shortcut and click "Open File Location"

Next Click on "unins000.exe" and follow the process to completely remove the Multiplayer mod.

*If you've not got a shortcut the Multiplayer mod will be located here by default*

C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

2: Once you've completely removed the Multiplayer mod, next it's time to re-download the mod following the steps in my guide above. 

3: After you've got the Multiplayer mod re-installed and up to date hopefully the error you were receiving has disappeared and you're ready to start trucking ingame!

Invalid Version of Game

1: Start off by right clicking "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in your library in your Steam and click on "Properties"

2: You will be shown a window with some tabs on it. Click the tab labelled "Betas"  

3: Next you will see a drop down box with lots of versions of the game, the option you're wanting to choose is "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"

(Currently Supported by MP Mod at time ofarrow-10x10.png writing)

4: Finally let your Euro Truck Simulator 2 update to the most recent version of the game.

Remember to comment the progress of your actions and give me an update if this does fix your problem or not!

Cheers

Click

• 1 month later...

Awsome guide! Thanks alot! Helped many friends! :)

• Upvote 1

____________________________________________________________________________________________________    Have I helped you? Click that green arrow!76561198112423429.png

fs_overall.png

http://plays.tv/u/adr29truck

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the feedback once again guys, good to know it's helped many people along with the extra commenter's willing to offer extra help to people in need!

Welcome to the Community any players who follow this guide and Happy Trucking!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

• 5 weeks later...

Can you please make the 

*Remember don't click Singleplayer profile when using Multiplayer as this will brake the Singleplayer profile*

part more visible because it's in the middle of the f****** text an I didn't notice it until it was too late. I did get everything back but seriously it's one of the most important things here. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm having a problem when installing a save game as I can't seem to get it working I place it in the ets 2 profile folder then when I start multiplayer the profile isn't their. Now I'm new to the mp side of the game so I think I'm doing something wrong any help is appreciated

No problem man hopefully this will help your save game problem and get you ingame with the profile quicker. Now I'm going to start from the very start after initially downloading the file. To open the file WinRAR or 7ZIP is preferred for the best results. I recommend installing WinRAR before downloading the save file listed above.

Once you've got WinRAR installed you should see the .rar save file downloaded above look like this wherever you've saved it. Now from this state you can't drag this format in as there's a folder inside which is the one we need to remove/"extract".

f5f8cc5fd7b95d63bc1190d2717d93f7_zps9e0j

Simply double click the file and it should open the WinRAR application and remember to close the advertising as they just get in your way. Looking at the screen below you should see the long named folder inside the original file we downloaded. Simply drag this folder to your destination of choice, in my example I simply dragged the folder to the desktop as shown below.

222814ce8ceb63aa3413858797497196_zpsgp0x

To finish off the installation of the save game profile simply as you've previously mentioned you simply drag the folder we've just dragged out of the .rar file into your "Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/Profiles" folder as shown below. Hopefully now after you've possibly restarted the game the profile should now be present for you to download and use in Multiplayer or Singleplayer.

4a7247894d564a794392143e6b4e8392_zpsuh6n

Hopefully this helped you get your save game working and if you run into any problems just comment below and I'll try my best to help you! 

Cheers

Click

• Upvote 1

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Sorry for another question but is their any way you can change the name as it says for me ETS2Mods.org

To my knowledge you're unable to change the name of the profile, that's the only downside to downloading saved profiles instead of changing, money, levels and trucks yourself but glad to know you got it working!

If you need any help in the future don't hesitate to comment or message me! 

Cheers

Click

• Upvote 1

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Or can you use the money and xp mod when you've just started

Mostly all I'm going to say is done in the Singleplayer client before moving over to Multiplayer. To use the money mod mentioned in the guide you've got to create a new profile with the money mod enabled and the XP mod if you wish. After creation of the profile with the mods enabled the money mod should have done its job and you now should have a wealthy sum of money to use. 

On the other hand for the XP mod to work it works by giving a huge amount of XP for parking the trailer. either on a quick job or a job within the freight market. So instead of the default XP being 45 you gain over 16000/15000k worth of experience. Once you've reached the level you're wanting to go with the mods, save and quit and then head over to the Multiplayer client. Load with the modified profile and if the mods are enabled you'll be prompted to disable them, select ok and head in game.

You should now see that your level and money is now usable in the Multiplayer client for whatever you wish to use it on.

*Remember this is also outlined in the main Guide*

Hopefully this was easy to follow and outlined the steps in getting money and experience on the Multiplayer client. If you need any more help just comment below!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Thanks for the reply I will try this but the links for xp and money mods don't seem to load

It's ok there working now

Hi sorry to be a bother again but I don't think the money mod is working as I'm getting 1.000 sometimes more every time I take a job I installed it the way you showed me with the Savegame as it's a ear mod is that the right way to do it

Edit working now

Edited by The Leeds Lad
Posts merged
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

SaveGameProfiles_zpse18ce1ca.png

*The reason I've included *Optional* in the title of this part is because if you want a "Mod" free experience you can miss out this part. Also there is no need for mods to progress in the Multiplayer as you can progress as you do in Singleplayer the same way. You're not forced to Download any of the below. *

If you've read the above and feel like it's too much work this is one of the methods to quickly get into Multiplayer which requires little or no work. Trucks, Money and Unlocks are already unlocked for you and ready to use and if you're newer to a Modding scene then this is the best option for a trouble free experience.

Down below I've listed the best recommended save that I've sent to other players countless times in the setting up of profiles and have had no errors with them:

Save Game 1

ETS2 Save Game 1 (ETS2.LT)

To Install the Profiles

1: Navigate to this inside your computer:

"Your Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/Profiles"

2: Once there take the massive folder made of numbers and drag and drop it into this folder.

3: Run your game and the profile should be visible, and you're ready to get in game and customize trucks and controls and other things to your liking.

Hello everyone!

I have created a different savegame as alternative to that above. I think this might also be useful to some beginners in ETS2MP, or maybe not :P

Level 36

All skill points are maxed out so you can have the widest selection of jobs

20.000.000€ Cash

So you can buy any trucks you want and dont have to worry

All truck dealers are unlocked:

Volvo (London)

Scania (Hannover)

Mercedes-Benz (Stuttgart)

MAN (Munich)

Renault (Paris)

DAF (Amsterdam)

Iveco (Frankfurt/Main)

The home garage is located in Stuttgart, Germany

g_force_economy_reset has been changed to 0 (its 1 in the original post, i think that is confusing to new players).

Language is set to English in the profile, all keyboard binds and settings are default. Change it ingame to whatever you like.

This savegame does not require any DLC, can be used in the basic game (tested in version 1.22).

Usage: Same as above. Copy it to your "Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles" folder. Start the game.

So if you just want to hop into a truck of the brand you like, drive different jobs in ETS2MP with a friend, i think this might help some people out even more than the original.

But if you prefer to level up yourself and grind before you can buy the higher trucks and accessoires, use the Level 5 savegame instead. This is just meant as an alternative to that.

Download links:

http://sharemods.com/988mmvb0k0hc/ETS2MP_Savegame_Lvl36_20MilCash_AllDealers.zip.html

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/N52OYM1ORVE

http://ets2.lt/en/savegame-for-ets2-mp-lvl36-20mil-alldealers/

Enjoy :)

• Upvote 1