City of the Week - Rotterdam - Week 1

Rotterdamn?

Yes, I know that place quite well. I hang out around Europoort everyday. 

But do not think I'm a troll.....I drive clean and safe. and I never get a punishment for dangerous driving.

I don't often go into the city because it will cause a game crash at the gate of WGCC. So I don't see how players behave in city. But in Europoort---70% are normal drivers. At least they behave good in that area to avoid bans. Trolls go to EP usually with no trailers and make u-turn everywhere. Then they go into wrong way and hit others. 

The only place I don't like in EP is the tiny little corner and the wall at that corner. It makes me stressful. If a driver can not control the trailers very well. They can be stuck on the wall and cause a blocking. Or they go wrong way to avoid the wall but hit other players.

Also....

Remember last Xmas in EP? I want a traffic like that!

Maybe we can get more traffic after the students have their vacation.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

What do you like about Rotterdam?

i like to call it laggerdam 

What do you dislike?

the most i dislike is the lags and the fatal error's whenever i'm near the town 

How do other players behave?

some do behave disrespectful and take advantage of the lag to block and to ram    

What can other players do to improve the city?

i would suggest to slow down, keep the distance, give way at service point and obey the sign's and streetlights 

the only bad thing about rotterdam: the high amount of trolls/rammers.

besides that nice and busy place.

• Upvote 1

• What do you like about Rotterdam?
  • What do you dislike?
  • How do other players behave?
  • What can other players do to improve the city?

- It's a good central location. Linking to the UK is good, links up nicely for jobs. Most jobs from Eastern Europe cross through there to the UK.

- The amount of attention it receives. As I recall, people only flooded there because we all realized it was a Collision Zone, so it got flooded by users, and then more users flooded it for the fun of sitting in 10, 15, 20 minute traffic jams. It felt like the M25 in real life, except didn't last 3-5 hours in one spot! :P

- Stupidly. Enough said.

- Learn to drive. It just seems like a massive 'free-for-all'.

• Upvote 1

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

• What do you dislike? As some players behave. In one company lacks colison area. I have long been there.

• How do other players behave? Like little children. Not true at all. Not all players.

What can other players do to improve the city? Driving under the rules of the road. Not too long AFK. 

It's a nice city with a lot of truckers. You can talk and have fun there.

What do you dislike?

Lags

The most players are very nice but sometimes there a lot of trolls in the city.

Less trolls.

Why Do You like Rotterdam:I like when theres many People around and EP is near (I like Traffic Jams because of Realism).And you can Convoy nice from there.

What do you dislike:Players who trolls,trolling is not the goal.And the Repair station because of Chaos.

How do the other Player behave?:Adding Useless Traffic,Ignoring Admin Commands,Trolling,being a idiot at Repair station (Destroying other Players Trailers)

What can other Player do to Improve the City:Dont block the Repair station,Look at Mirrors,Dont come to Rotterdam when you know you lag a lot..You can Switch to Singleplayer.Save Driving.Dont Overtake in a Traffic Jam....

Hi

Lot's of trucks, feels like you are in a real city, vs other cities, no cars, no trucks, just a boring road with trees

What do you dislike?

Lags is the biggest and people think they are the most important, and will cut you off to get to the service station, or cut off on the grass coming from A15 highway

Most will ram, crash, block, etc...

Slow down, wait patiently behind other trucks, and report one troll at a time

If My Comment Helped You, Please Click "Like This" Above

steam_sig.png

My opinion about Rotterdam:

It close to the coast. You meet a lot of people and sometimes friends

• What do you dislike?

If you drive in the city or you past it, it starts to lag :(

The behavior of the most people is not go, they are trolling and drive without sanity (ram you :angry: ).

I think the small children mill around in the town, because they want to have fun and to tease other people .

Not to stay too long in this town ;)

• What do you like about Rotterdam? It makes me notice what it is to have 2400+- players on the same server, it makes me realize how many f*cking people can be at the same server connected between each other, that's amazing. Wonders of 21st Century xD.
  • What do you dislike? The lag, the horrid FPS drop when crowded.

Sounds crazy, but just like said above I like the traffic, all that clusterf*ck of people, it's pretty much interesting.

But sometimes, I would rather divert to Calais or IJmuiden.

What do you like about Rotterdam?  It's a great bustling city that feels realistic, unlike many cities that are mostly ghost towns.

What do you dislike?  Lag, FPS drops, game freezing, disrespectful/ bad drivers.

How do other players behave? Disrespectful, trolls, idiots

What can other players do to improve the city?  Learn to drive and respect others on the road with them.

The interaction with a lot of other drivers and the feeling of some sort of traffic jam/rush hour. Combined with the fact that my girlfriend lives there in real life.

• What do you dislike?

The low FPS I have in Rotterdam, sadness of not being able to get the full experience.

Rotterdam is the major city of this game, it's where continuously the most players are. With that also come a lot of players who don't have sufficient driving skills yet, next to the people who just don't care about how they drive. With that going on in Rotterdam, combined with the FPS drops, I try to stay away from Rotterdam as much as possible.

Nothing, there will always be new players to the game and they will go to Rotterdam to check out how awesome the multiplayer really is. And honestly, we can't blame them from having insufficient driving skills at that point. None of us was born a pro-trucker.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Rotterdam : I Love the action there, very lively. The Docks should be upgraded since its the largest port in Europe (wikipedia said so). The layout should be reworked also the background design imho.

I dislike : Lag, of course ; Troller ; Amateur Driver.

On a suggestive note, if this ever can reach Scs Devs, If (and can apply to many cities) Highways and access to highway could be reworked with under/over passes (Versus T-Intersection) + Push the highway away from city on the bare limit of service Station and garage, it would greatly helps people inside the city and on the highway on lag. I guess you know that already but im just saying.

Suggestion : Really out of the blue suggestion, I don't even know if its doable, or what would community think of it...

Ets2mp is a forever alpha following Ets2 track. All good here (ty devs btw).

(Im level 63 btw), but release a new Patch : Need to make a new profile. BAM everyone restart from lvl 0. No Single player profile, only Mp. Meh its part of the fun to work ur ass off imho.

lvl 0-3 Local delivery only (Ports city and capitals city disallowed (blocked access), Speed limiter 50 city / 80 highway / Hp under 450)

lvl 4-8 Short intercity (Ports city and capitals disallowed) Speed 60 city / 90 highway / Hp under 550

lvl 8-15 Medium-Long intercity (Capital city + Docks unlocked) (this is the touchy part) Speed 60 city / 110 highway / Hp 750

Every Accident implying another player : u loose XP = Damage caused (in % X factor faulty driver x Amount of player hit (link of people touching each other within Y sec) (i.e. 3sec) amount of time (Daisy chain accident) and 

+$ penalty of course.

Sounds complicated, but its just to illustrate that if you cause someone to accident by ramming, multiply by amount of people in the resulting collision : U Loose xp. ALOT of XP, Learn to drive.

Also, if doable, Rework engine requirement, its too easy to get that 750 hp ;) you don't see a lot of 750 irl. Would reduce the amount of people at 110 kmh + add more weights physics on trailer so we feel the Groaning! Rwaarrrr 24t !

I know its sounds a bit weird, like i said it's just like that an example out of the blue. BUT : It would take *cough* Unskilled (on purpose or not) Drivers AWAY from Major cities where most of traffic converge.

One Very Last things : Add Color Tag (like for admins) But Makes Admin Flashing Rainbow (ie) and People that got banned / bad rep (once yellow, twice orange, 3 Red), it will Warn people of bad behavioral ppl to keep a look on...

So Thats it, its open for discussion, I'm sorry i realized while doing it this it could go under suggestion tread, but, Eh We speak about Rottedam or not? We need to Unclog it (lag) and to remove Troller (noob/rammer). So... Coooonnvooy!