City of the Week - Rotterdam - Week 1

logohd.png

Week 1 - 01.06.15 to 07.06.15

What is City of the Week?

City of the Week is a series of official discussion topics about a particular city, created to spark interaction and discussion within the community. Anything related to the city is allowed in these topics, such as problems, opinions, requests to other players, events, and more.

Rotterdam

Rotterdam is the most populated city in ETS2MP due to it's central location on the map as well as Europoort, allowing simple connection to several locations in the UK. It is well connected by highways, and has several companies offering a variety of cargo for players to drive.

Some example questions to get you started:

• What do you like about Rotterdam?
  • What do you dislike?
  • How do other players behave?
  • What can other players do to improve the city?
  • Upvote 2

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

To be honest Rotterdam is a terrible place to be, with a large amount of players driving past it or in it, it always seems super busy, if you have the unfortunate time of having to Repair in spawn in the garage you will be welcomed with a hail of lights and horns... and trying to leave it a mini-mission in itself...

At rotterdam you can enjoy (but not limited to):

• Loud noise
  • Bright Lights
  • Chat spam
  • Idiots on the road (not all drivers, but the select few)

I haven't been to Rotterdam in a long time but from the video's and reports ive seen it hasn't changed a bit... 

• Upvote 1

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

• What do you like about Rotterdam? It's near Europoort and I can go in the peaceful UK

What do you dislike? Everything else

How do other players behave? Saying that most people there act like idiots is a diminutive

What can other players do to improve the city? Nothing or at least try to show a little interest on others truck safety.

I've always loved the traffic around Rotterdam and Europoort - You might have seen me passing by a few times on the CCTV cameras as I liked the whole experience of traffic jams strangely enough! I remember I was waiting in a traffic jam at Europoort and it was the first time I had my G27 so I was getting used to the button mapping that I had set which was not similar at all to my previous wheel setting and I was waiting in the traffic for a few minutes then it started moving a little so I took off what I thought was my hand(parking)brake and setoff to only find that a nice person in the chat had said "Cooper, you've left your trailer!" :o  

• Upvote 9

Cooper's Freightmaster
In Game Administrator

There is a lot of trucks, so you can feel like in real city. :D

• What do you dislike?

Drivers - there is a lot of trolls there.

Mostly bad, but there is a part of good players, too.

Drive like in real life - stop on the red light, give way if there is a sign, etc...

return 0;

Author of the JobSync project.

In my opinion it is a great city, because it has great infrastructure for example: the intersection next to the garage between the sanbuilders and wgcc that is a intersection without traffic lights. I think that is the best option because now everyone goes when the can go and you have to give right of way at that intersection and that is very realistic and I love that you have to watch when it is clear so you can go.

Most other players behave normal but sometimes there are some trolls but I don't mind that if you just drive careful you won't be hit. The lags is normal nobody can do anything about it. What I liked is the traffic jam at Europoort but nowadays there aren't any traffic jams. I only like a traffic jam when it is when there are too much players driving towards Europoort. I don't like it when the trolls create a traffic jam and you sit there for a hour.

So my conclusion: Really liking Europoort even though I am rarely at Europoort. I hope everyone enjoys Europoort as much as I do :)

• Upvote 3

• What do you like about Rotterdam? The location, easy to access Eurooport.

What do you dislike? When certain people drive reckless.

How do other players behave? Some follow the rules, whilst still drive as they stole it.

What can other players do to improve the city? Always follow traffic laws.

P.S I loved the traffic jams for a strange reason.

76561198154549680.png

In my opinion it is a great city, because it has great infrastructure for example: the intersection next to the garage between the sanbuilders and wgcc that is a intersection without traffic lights. I think that is the best option because now everyone goes when the can go and you have to give right of way at that intersection and that is very realistic and I love that you have to watch when it is clear so you can go.

Most other players behave normal but sometimes there are some trolls but I don't mind that if you just drive careful you won't be hit. The lags is normal nobody can do anything about it. What I liked is the traffic jam at Europoort but nowadays there aren't any traffic jams. I only like a traffic jam when it is when there are too much players driving towards Europoort. I don't like it when the trolls create a traffic jam and you sit there for a hour.

So my conclusion: Really liking Europoort even though I am rarely at Europoort. I hope everyone enjoys Europoort as much as I do :)

Firt one who not answered trolls and lag! :P

• Upvote 1

• What do you like about Rotterdam? The huge amount of players! 

What do you dislike? The lag which the huge amount of playeers causes.

How do other players behave? Quite bad compared to other cities. 

What can other players do to improve the city? Don´t overtake at EP! :)

The fact that there's a lot of people that you can talk with, and the traffic jams can be fun sometimes. 

• What do you dislike?

Lag, and people that crash into others (which happens the most at Rotterdam/EP)

Most people are pretty okay, and but there are more trolls compared to other cities.

Less trolling, and being more patient so accidents happen less.

Why do u like rotterdam ?

I really like Rotterdam, Because there's a lot of people, and that makes the game more real with traffic, convoy and a lot of people driving there, as the real life.

What do u dislike ? 

Most of the people probability, has  the same opinion,  The worst thing in rotterdam it's the lag, I still thing the problem it's the server, and not the computer of the players, sometimes it's terrible I just give up and take a break for a minute, if its very full the city, OMG... Everything  start to break, I can't stand when my truck sank on the road and I got 100% damage.

How do other players behave ?

I don't, really... Sometime a accident happened because of the lag on the city, I had already seeing that before, you are driving back of the truck, and then he just stop from nothing, and you hit him, but in seconds truck start move again and the person sometimes realize whats happened..

What can other players do to improve the city ?

That's a interesting question, I think that depends of the players, they should stop trolling and be patient. Sometimes it's very boring u drive just by yourself on the street, and when u see someone you horn to him and him back... Who doesn't ?? I think it's amazing... Now imagine that on rotterdam full, everything start brake, your fps get lower and the worst case, your game stop work....

It is a nice place to visit, and i do so frequently. Even does take short hauls to and from roterdam.

the 3 bad things about the place, in my oppinnion (but it's not a roterdam specifig problem though), is the lag caused by the ammount of players, the trolls that at times roves around it, and the disco....

What other players can do to improve the experience? Do not use the beacons if you aren't hauling a flatbed equipped with beacons, AND you have the intention to abay by the restricted speed of that trailer.

That being said, i must say, i have mostly good experience from roterdam. Just wish i could experience a coupple of nice traffic jams....They just arent as big as they used to be, witch is kind of sad. (Sometimes i wish the admins wouldn't kick so fast, we need to be a bit patient..... but not towards trolls..)

I would recomend taking the trip by roterdam now and then, just for the experience.

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I've always loved the traffic around Rotterdam and Europoort - You might have seen me passing by a few times on the CCTV cameras as I liked the whole experience of traffic jams strangely enough! I remember I was waiting in a traffic jam at Europoort and it was the first time I had my G27 so I was getting used to the button mapping that I had set which was not similar at all to my previous wheel setting and I was waiting in the traffic for a few minutes then it started moving a little so I took off what I thought was my hand(parking)brake and setoff to only find that a nice person in the chat had said "Cooper, you've left your trailer!" :o

Yes, I've seen you almost everutime I got there (not frequently)

• Upvote 1

What do you like about Rotterdam?

Its popular

What do you dislike?

Its a little too popular. Commonly known as "Laggerdam" for its extreme lag and crashes are commonplace here.

How do other players behave?

Vast majority act like kn*bheads.

What can other players do to improve the city?

First off, use mirrors, actually look before setting off, enter and exit in an orderly fashion and STOP PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF ME!

Jeez. ;)

• Upvote 2

• What do you like about Rotterdam? company offering ADR jobs

What do you dislike? Traffic

How do other players behave? like total newbies - service station's usually blocked by people failing w/ NCZs, people just go there and park w/o actually playing

What can other players do to improve the city?  "Get the F and Stay the F out of it!" (quote from some movie)

• Upvote 1

• What I like about Rotterdam is the port is closely monitored by admins which is good to keep an easy flow most of the time, but the city itself there's noting good to say about it. Admins rarely watch the city itself where most of the bad driving/drivers are. If I every have to deliver to Rotterdam I always go between 2am-7am (GMT)(BST) because its not as busy and all the bad drivers/lag is gone between them hours which means an easy flow in and out with no hassle. 

What I dislike is people breaking normal European road rules mainly in Rotterdam for some reason and theres no excuse for that. People have no patients on the roads/exits. The lag can be bad if you deliver there after 9am (GMT)(BST) which slows you down which makes you more cautious but other people don't have the patients.  

Other players behave reckless when the city is busy they dont follow European road rules while around Rotterdam for some reason which is no excuse. Dont have the patients for other people who might have worse lag issues then you and you dont give them extra time/space. Many more I things I can say but there the main points.

What other players can do to improve the city is have patients for other people who might be experiencing lag issues. Follow the rules as you would in real life and also other citys in-game. As well to add to that, admins could monitor the city more often too more then the europort because of the heaver flow of traffic and reckless drivers. 

Edited by HumaneWolf
Removed huge quote and double post.
  • Upvote 1

To be honest Rotterdam is a terrible place to be, with a large amount of players driving past it or in it, it always seems super busy, if you have the unfortunate time of having to Repair in spawn in the garage you will be welcomed with a hail of lights and horns... and trying to leave it a mini-mission in itself...

At rotterdam you can enjoy (but not limited to):

• Loud noise
  • Bright Lights
  • Chat spam
  • Idiots on the road (not all drivers, but the select few)

I haven't been to Rotterdam in a long time but from the video's and reports ive seen it hasn't changed a bit... 

And that's why Rotterdam is full 'o fun.

I love Rotterdam.

I can interact with a lot of people, and horning once creates a chain of horning ni the traffic jams.. really amusing.

I'd enjoy more Rotterdam if i had a better gpu , but cant complain for now, i can at least make it past safely.

On 31/5/2015 at 0:34 PM, The HitMan 123 said:
  • How do other players behave? Some follow the rules, whilst still drive as they stole it.

Rofl.

76561198002097744.png