Odd delay during steering.

MedievalBob

Question

Hello,

I wonder if anyone else is getting this odd problem. I use the keyboard to drive (WASD) - Randomly when driving, if I steer either to turn or just to keep on the road doesn't matter which way, every now and again there is a delay and the turn sticks, so if i compensate it to correct it over compensates due to the delay and can cause me to crash into objects/players. Is this lag or something else? very frustrating.

Thanks for any help in advance!

8 answers to this question

Hai, if you are driving 6x4 trucks, since 1.17, somehow( I suspect SCS guys touched some of the settings) it became nightmare to steer it - it feels like a boat

Yes some "boat improvements" has been done to the steering in 1.17. You should adjust the steering from the game options.

• Upvote 1

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

Actually a 2x6 or 4x6 chassis has a larger turn radius than a 2x4 chassis. That is because 4 wheels want to keep going forward and only two wheels are turning. 

If you have a midlift or taglift and lift one of the axles, you'll notice you have a better turn radius.

Adjusting your game options is just cheating in my book. Just keeps all the sliders on the left..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

For me it doesn't matter what vehicle I use, same result. For example I was turning left today, i went to turn right to correct and go straight but the steering wheel stayed left, then on it's own went right, so i crashed. If i click left once sometimes it will take it as two clicks so the steering will carry on going left, there is like some odd delay. It's random but when it happens especially during passing of others, results can be bad!.. 

.....ne else is getting this odd problem. I use the keyboard to drive (WASD) - .......

....i went to turn right to correct and go straight but the steering wheel stayed left, then on it's own went right, so i crashed. If i click left once sometimes it will take it as two clicks so the steering will carry on going left, ......

ehm...Wat?  So you use wheel or keyboard?! o,o xDDD

Anyway, For those of us who play only on keyboard, there's avaiable steering autocenter, maybe it messes up with the input from the wheel?

btw You've tried to recalibrate the wheel?