Writing in chat while stearing with arrow keys.

Suggestion DescriptionAs it is now if i press Y to get chat on screen my arrow keys stop working. That means that if i am driving the truck (like if i where in a convoy) and need to write something in chat i loose control of the truck in the time i write in the chat. So my suggestion is that the Arrow keys are freed so that people who use the keyboard to drive can still drive while typing in chat. 

Any example images: None
Why should it be added?: Cause as it is now its pretty dangerous. And since the arrow keys dosent actually do anything in the chat anyway (cause you cant move the marker back and forth in the text) then why should the arrow keys not be free to drive the truck while typing? It makes everything safer. Someone would probably say that i should park my truck every time i want to write something in chat, but that is not always possible, like if im a convoy leader or something like that. So if it is possible to do could this be done?

• Upvote 1

So currently the system overrides the steering functions when the chat (y) is pressed, and the only way to get around it is to use an external controller, as said above. It is actually pretty dumb to write in the chat and driving at the same time. Texting and driving at the same time is against the law in many places, and this is a simulation game. No I'm not one of those 'IT'S A SIMULATOR' freaks, but it's just common sense. I can't tell you how many accidents could have been prevented if people simply didn't type and drive at the same time. You should be lucky mwl4 didn't make it so pressing y can only be done while fully stopped, like the escape key already does.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

Well but as it is now it is much more dangerous to text and drive cause your steering lock up when you type. So you guys can see that if the arrow keys was freed that would make is a lot safer to type and drive than it is now. And i cant see why you dont just free up the arrow keys so we can steer with them :)

Don't text and drive, it's dangerous.

It's already been said.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

As said, it is quite hard to drive whilst talking to fellow players, especially with arrow keys, playing with wheel and typing works fine but I definitely think support for driving with arrow keys and typing is a good idea +1

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Truckers!

Chat and drive is something you shouldn't do because traffic accident are happening easier.

But good suggestion, but it's better just stopping before start typeing something in chat. -Happy Trucking!

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

• 4 years later...
  • Game Producer

Rejected. After checking with our development, the outcome is that we can not make this happen, as the arrows are used to navigate through the text. We advise you to pull over to the side of the road if you have to use the chat, so it can not lead to dangerous situations while texting and driving.