Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

Can I join in with the cool kids?

fe79091cff.jpg

I've slightly upgraded my design, from 380hp to 440hp, the 2nd lightbar on top (I originally just wanted airhorns to beep at oncoming truckers and smile with glee as they beep back but it looked kind of barren),

although I have seen trucks around where I live with a similar lightbar setup so I don't think it's all that outlandish. I think I overdid it though and my truck is no longer in line with the J-Spec specifiations listed in this thread.

Also new tires on the rear wheels which, I think, look really nice.

bfd82130f2.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smallest available engine 540HP, so strictly speaking not J-Spec:

Picking only the heaviest jobs available with this truck.

I have the Classic FH16 too with 540hp, too bad SCS wasn't make FH version for the Classic.

Tbh this whole HP rule is a bit pointless if you ask me. J spec is about realistic trucks and companies (believe it or not).

Is it ? I think J-Spec is about the common truck you'll find everyday everywhere :3

TERjqBU.png

J-Spec is not only about realism, it is about what company accountants love...

We never say those trucks you mentioned does not exist, yet they are most of the time only sold when in need of such powerful engines, especially heavy construction duties. 25 tonnes delivery does not require anything over 510 hp... Yes, you may not go up to 110 km/h when you press throttle. But going above 80 km/h hardly you can see in daily transportation trucks, also laws does not permit that...

International truckers jokes each other about how slow they are when they are below 55 km/h and brag about themselves if they go with 65 km/h, you see where I am going... Responsibility for their load and lives of themselves and other people is the main importance.

Speed never been bragging issue but actually fuel efficiency is what truckers race with each other....

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

International truckers jokes each other about how slow they are when they are below 55 km/h and brag about themselves if they go with 65 km/h, you see where I am going... Responsibility for their load and lives of themselves and other people is the main importance.

Speed never been bragging issue but actually fuel efficiency is what truckers race with each other....

I love how you describe the way the trucking life should look like in terms of philosophy. However, I wish I could be there with you to become a trucker like those you mention. In here (Spain) trucking industry is going worst each day, only caused by companies searching for profits and taking out the rights to the drivers WHO actually accept them.

Those are the drivers coming from the East (Polish, Romanian, etc.) and Portugal, which only care about their money, driving longer, faster, and cheaper, in the worst conditions and without any free second.

Here the owner operators wont have life again as their driving "hours" are so much controlled and their job-timings closer. Meanwhile, the fuel prizes go up and the big companies (paying taxes out the country) with drivers (not owner operators) make their service cheaper ruining all the others.

It´s not me, it´s my dad who´s looking how his life and his family´s is going nowhere right now.

lkRjRkb.png

Updated my truck a bit with a new light setup and went down to a 450HP engine.

iOekSlA.jpg

xg74hh1.jpg

It appears I'm missing a light on the right side  :o

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

My precious MAN has received a new paintjob and a new bullbar on the front, also a 480hp engine. Friends Scania for comparison

Also someone said "Nice truck" to me. I'm literally the happiest trucker alive now.

d595f753c8.jpg

EDIT: Managed to convince my friend to become a semi J-speccer. I'm proud of my achievement. (those airhorns on the front tho)

66f1dd44af.jpg

EDIT2:

84dc8db2c2.jpg

@LieutenantSkull

Too many lightbars on both mate, either remove lights on bullbar, or the lightbar above. On both trucks :)

Scania is a no tho, V8 + R730 , opposite of J-Spec 

Too many lights for where you come from, but here (Estonia), I've seen numerous trucks with a similar setup for lights and isn't the endgoal here to imitate life? (also I found that my profile picture is very fitting for this scenario)

I know the engine on the Scania is way too big btw, but it's the little things, he went from 16 highbeams and 5 airhorns to 4 highbeams and 2 airhorns.

tl;dr I don't think you can have a set standard for lights and bars setup, as long as you don't go full whacky racers.

Defined the rules in first page.

It is not only imitiate real life, it is also to imitate company setups. 

It is a good start for your friend then, but definitely need to go below 510 hp and non-V8 engine to be qualified as J-spec...

"

Defined the rules in first page.

It is not only imitiate real life, it is also to imitate company setups.

It is a good start for your friend then, but definitely need to go below 510 hp and non-V8 engine to be qualified as J-spec...

I am aware that rules were stated on the first page and I don't want to start some dumb argument over how many lights should you have, afterall we're all here to enjoy this,

but I'm just saying most of the trucks I've seen where I live have a setup similar to the truck on mine.

But I think I know of a compromise to make my truck get your J-spec seal of approval but it's 4:26 in the morning so that will have to wait.

I am aware that rules were stated on the first page and I don't want to start some dumb argument over how many lights should you have, afterall we're all here to enjoy this,
but I'm just saying most of the trucks I've seen where I live have a setup similar to the truck on mine.

But I think I know of a compromise to make my truck get your J-spec seal of approval but it's 4:26 in the morning so that will have to wait.

All those cool lights you got on there aren't even allowed here in Europe (Talking about the little orange ones). Anyways, back on topic.

Man TGX XLX 320

ets2_00446.png

ets2_00447.png

I would suggest to make EU#3 as J-spec server, whatever engine you have, if you are over 510 HP it will be automatically reduced to least one... You have 720 hp Scania? Bamm.. down to 320 hp Scania :P 

They won't even need admins since it will take some time to "speed-up" and crash due to speed, hardly ever 110 km/h unless straight road :P

50/90 limit, would be awesome, hardcore server for the best truckers out there ;) 

"

My latest creation, I hope it fits J-spec standards because I think it looks amazing right now. (kind of wonky with 3 airhorns but the stock horn on it sounds so puny).

06fb242167.jpg

(doesn't really matter but the interior of this thing looks amazing aswell.)

53a8f6ffd6.jpg

Archived