J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this has to be my favourite thread on the forums.

IMmJI58.png

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

@TurklerRS The point isn't to be cool. It's to be reasonable and economic, which is realistic. Sadly in TMP following J-spec is the best way to point out from rest of the playerbase as - just guessing - 90% of the players go for maximum horsepower and ridiculous amount of tuning parts and chrome. Would be nice to see some more variation, but one can dream...

Ready to go!

It's about efficiency just as much as being fun.  I get bored driving the big 16L engine trucks, there's no need to shift for any hill on anything other than the heaviest of heavy transit loads in mountain regions.  Naturally, all these big power engines are paired with a 6 speed slushbox to go to 150 kph as quickly as possible.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

If you are "self-employed", stick to your dream truck. :)

Basically I love stock parts, but that means "buy an original stock-build truck".

You know you don't really need 730hp but as long as it is "free", why don't get a faster truck?

For Scania, you can only choose 520hp which is also non V8. DAF, you can choose 530hp which is also non V8.

Even for Volvo, 750hp is also non V8.

According to the original posts, the author didn't list such requirements. They are just ... well, stock-build truck.

I use the highest engine I can use and I prefer to carry the heaviest load.

tuning does not need much exaggeration is,simple it is always good.

ppDTqP6.png

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Bought new trailers for the company figured buy a new truck to go along with it. 

Standard Scania R with a 450hp, 12 speed retarder and some side skirts. I know the painted letters on the wheels are pushing it.  Also wanted to be first to get

J-Spec with trailer ownership posted here. :) Edit: Opps I selected the wrong truck when getting this picture I accidentally chose the fake MP J-Spec look a like truck that has the V8 in it, and not the actual J-Spec truck that is identical besides interior and engine.

16564.jpg

@TurklerRS What does J-spec have to do with money?

Let me use your metaphor. Not everyone has use for high powered engine. Not everyone likes to buy a car with golden rims, stripes or tons of chrome. In other words, not everyone wants to buy tasteless car. In general the cosmetic changes you can make when buying a Skoda, for example, are quite limited. You have more options for interior and equipment. Modifying the interior isn't limited with J-spec rules, nor does J-spec say you can't get that build in GPS. Only the outside of the cab needs to look basic and the engine needs to be efficient and economical for majority of transport jobs. That majority does not yell for V8 engines.

Your comparison is pretty poor anyway as a sedan and a supercar have a little different purposes. Sedan is more to get from place A to place B. Guess what? That's the main purpose of a truck as well. Trucks are here to move stuff from place to place, not to floor it on an autobahn like you would do with a supercar.

Ready to go!

6 hours ago, DerAmpelmann said:

@TurklerRS What does J-spec have to do with money?

Let me use your metaphor. Not everyone has use for high powered engine. Not everyone likes to buy a car with golden rims, stripes or tons of chrome. In other words, not everyone wants to buy tasteless car. In general the cosmetic changes you can make when buying a Skoda, for example, are quite limited. You have more options for interior and equipment. Modifying the interior isn't limited with J-spec rules, nor does J-spec say you can't get that build in GPS. Only the outside of the cab needs to look basic and the engine needs to be efficient and economical for majority of transport jobs. That majority does not yell for V8 engines.

Your comparison is pretty poor anyway as a sedan and a supercar have a little different purposes. Sedan is more to get from place A to place B. Guess what? That's the main purpose of a truck as well. Trucks are here to move stuff from place to place, not to floor it on an autobahn like you would do with a supercar.

Yes, those said trucks get paid because they deliver within a reasonable time. Can't see anything wrong with more wiggle room.

Also, you are poor if you can't afford accesories.

@TurklerRS you don't really seem to get the point of this thread. The vast majority of players use trucks with maximum BHP and pimp their trucks out with chrome and lights like a christmas tree. (In my personal opinion super ugly and not realistic)

J-spec is about using realistic and close to real-life setups on your truck with regards to engines, gearboxes and accessoires.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of money in someone's in-game bank account.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

Ok I think what we’re trying to say is that it isn’t a matter of wealth, but a matter of choice whether you decide to pimp your truck or not. We shouldn’t judge aesthetic choices of others as it’s a subjective thing, but again let’s just say that it’s more about choice over wealth. I mean yes if you really are poor then you probably can’t afford to equip painted mirrors or have custom tailights but just because you’re rich doesn’t mean you have to start adding chrome rims and chrome grills. Some people find tuned trucks exotic and that’s fine, but there’s also another group of people who find stock trucks appealing as well and that’s also absolutely fine. We shouldn’t say that chrome parts ruin looks or plastic parts are symbols of poverty, instead perhaps we should just try to respect the choices of others I guess. It’s just like some people like to tune cars and some don’t. There’s no need to diss one choice over the other.

We're always nearly there.

2 hours ago, unitedbattleship said:

Ok I think what we’re trying to say is that it isn’t a matter of wealth, but a matter of choice whether you decide to pimp your truck or not. We shouldn’t judge aesthetic choices of others as it’s a subjective thing, but again let’s just say that it’s more about choice over wealth. I mean yes if you really are poor then you probably can’t afford to equip painted mirrors or have custom tailights but just because you’re rich doesn’t mean you have to start adding chrome rims and chrome grills. Some people find tuned trucks exotic and that’s fine, but there’s also another group of people who find stock trucks appealing as well and that’s also absolutely fine. We shouldn’t say that chrome parts ruin looks or plastic parts are symbols of poverty, instead perhaps we should just try to respect the choices of others I guess. It’s just like some people like to tune cars and some don’t. There’s no need to diss one choice over the other.

''I choose to buy a shitty truck rather than a truck that can actually accelerate''

k lad

Archived