J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, fidget3306 said:

Interesting if your into that kind of thing, but I come from an rather industrial area of the UK and about 90% of trucks that I see are anything, but J Spec.

Sounds right, heavy industry often has heavy or oversized stuff to move which requires more 'specialized' equipment.

^ SCS has raised their truck modeling standards since launch, which allows for such plastic parts to be a non-mod option.  Also, licensing most likely gets in the way of adding such parts to older trucks or even making the models on par with DAF and new Scania.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

On 19/04/2018 at 9:18 AM, Eagl223 said:

That's a good idea. Why wasn't it invented earlier? It's a shame most trucks don't have plastic parts tho(

Can always use one of the construction skins and place the bottom in grey/black, will give the same effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I felt inspired by soon to be Baltic DLC to make something that would feel at home on those roads.

KFieel8.jpg

Mercedes Actros

320 HP/1650 Nm V6 (cheap and drinks fuel for breakfast)

PowerShift G280-16 ( I will most likely swap with a ZF box to keep 16 gears, while also not having the engine at 2k RPM going ~100 km/h)

6x4 axles (It's not fleet J-Spec, but certainly something you'd see in a rural small company haul truck.)

larger tires (Takes less than ideal road conditions better, which I hope shows up in the DLC.)

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Archived