J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

Heres my almost j spec truck (screenshot captured november 2016)

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/full_image.php?id=000000000028B4BD&cdn=1

truck: mp4 actros

engine: 517hp

12 speed no retarder (not sure which one, long replaced)

I miss it. It was my first ride :(

(btw my profile truck is not this, its on my mp profile)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ not really, the colored rims and tires are a clear disqualification, the snazzy paint job and painted side mirrors push it, although I'd say the only things you worried about would be fine: the beacons and plates.  Even 8x4 itself is debatable for even considering J-Spec due to rarity on the road, and the high costs involved would ensure the trucks are in the hands of either niche companies or owner-operators.  As for the engine, well 12L is fine, you just go slower and have to actually learn how to shift manually.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

11 hours ago, Miles! said:

Also does 750HP count if it's  heavy haulage? :D this struggles on moderately high inclines I can't imagine what a 500hp would be like. 

No and 8x4 is not J-spec either. J-Spec covers regular OTR trucks not special vehicles.

@Pokeman Your truck is too powerful and has too many lightbars for it to be J-spec.

On 27.5.2015 at 9:21 AM, USTA said:

How to make a J-Spec Truck

Following rules are strict and standardised so far:

1. No V8 engine, No Engine over 510 HP (If you need more than 510 HP you are an idiot - maximum lowest available engine over 500 hp, can be and strictly advised below 500 hp)

2. Sideskirts are ok as long as they're just stock

3. Stock rear lights

4. Max one(1) lightbar

5. Simple company skin

6. Plastic Parts if available

Just as a reminder.

On 8/14/2017 at 2:43 PM, DerAmpelmann said:

I don't really know or didn't. I use it because I don't want to go through all 12 gears when using manual with my controller.

I would use automatic box with 12 gears, but I don't like the one in-game. I used the smart automatic option or whatever it was called, but it downshifted too quickly when giving just a hint of gas. And without the option enabled, it upshifted way too late or not to 12th gear at all.

I don't think real drivers actually use all 12 gears, they skip some.

Indeed.. When i drove the 12 speed Scania, I hardly ever used low range spliter, pretty much split the last gear because it pushed all the way from 60-80kph, full jump from 10 to 12 would've required me to run the engine higher to about 1800revs so that jump a full gear ahad to 12 would actually be sensible and the engine could pull through. The split gears are there just to optimize your engine revs at any speed. or when you have seriously heavy load and the engine cant keep up if you shift full gears up.

I usually took off in 2L and then skipped straight into 3H, 4H 5H, 6L 6H.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

This is my J-spec. I have spected out as close as possible to my dad's actual truck. 

So its a Volvo FH16 with 540 HP (IRL its 460 but in-game you cant get smaller engine) and 12-speed manual. There are 296k kms on odometer. (120k self driven.) :)

gfJYXTj.jpg

Dad's truck. 

uEv7A4n.jpg

fNKuwit.jpg

My truck. 

What ya guys think? 

Btw my first post :)

@andrinkls The reason why there is no engine smaller than 540hp is because it's a FH16, while your dad's truck is a FH16.

You could save edit your truck so it would have a 460hp engine and RP it being a FH12 truck  considering how similar they look. I recommend putting in the 460HP engine from the modern volvo since it has the same torque value as the FH12s 460hp engine (source)

two more from me! 

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/full_image.php?id=00000000002AB142&cdn=1

Renault magnum 480Dxi

Optidriver something with retarder

Pure metallic black

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/full_image.php?id=00000000002AB18E&cdn=1

DAF XF 105.460 (non dlc)

ZF12AS2330TD

XF limited edition in blue

rate the images pls ty :):)

On 8/17/2017 at 5:58 PM, Iron Spirit [NL] said:

^

J-Spec approved :)

Thanks boi

^ I like the low cabin Mercedes, the shorter 12 speed gearbox gives me a lot of speed control even with the relative to other players underpowered engine.  Save edit in the 16 speed from the new Actros for even more fun with an engine that won't make every load a snooze to drive.

KgorRX7.jpg

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

What i been driving in singleplayer meanwhile waiting for ets2MP to be supported..

R420, 12 speed gearbox with fitting rear end for economical cruising, no retarder.

YkpAqe5.png

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

Normal loads ranging 18-35 tons best i'v got on R450 has been sub 28l/100km.. average over time of about 5000km, 13 litre engine vs 16 litre, i can see something in there..

I prefer such realistic "j-spec" trucks for me and may employes. New Actros Streamspace 1845, DAF XF Euro6 Super Space Cab MX11 450 and Iveco Stralis Hi-Way 460 e6. Chassis 4x2, white colored (DAF has "XF" paint), 12 gears automatic transmission with retarder and side claddings.

Down under the front all oy my trucks have a LED bar. Actros has "Katana" chrome bars on the sides.

My screenshots are too big to upload :mellow:

Archived