J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uFy491s.jpg

dYoXY9W.jpg

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I personally use a Scania R480 with 12 speed gearbox. I only use a custom paint and two flags but otherwise it's 4x2 and optimised for long highway cargoes. I'm gonna remove them anyway they make the truck ugly lol

soaHbUn.png

Don't mind the damages, I only got rammed by a car at 40kph. :)

signature.png

Brazilian-Spec Trucks.

This article is a joke has no intention of offending anyone.

And also sorry for my bad english. :D

You need old trucks (because old always gold).

1VWWQGh.jpg

9AGQ95z.jpg

nPLfC75.jpg

Always be overweight (Much more than allowed by law).

L9lrXcb.jpg

hW17NxF.jpg

q440GpK.jpg

Put the front of your truck in hell and rear in heaven (be careful with police).

x7v7Kqh.jpg

En0a4GY.jpg

lJVeWDA.jpg

You need sounds like this:

(Sorry for bad quality of the video.)

fJVvhKb.png

^ 80% of ETS2MP in nutshell. I dont understand why you need to lift the rear up so that you'll tip it over easier.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

• 2 weeks later...

vUMLT0X.jpg

High roof 4x2 Actros

1650 Nm/320 HP

PowerShift G281-12

On 7/24/2017 at 10:41 AM, Dr_Dog said:

^ 80% of ETS2MP in nutshell. I dont understand why you need to lift the rear up so that you'll tip it over easier.

Don't forget loud and overkill engines so they can go 150 on rural roads to slide right into the ditch/someone else.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

On 7/27/2017 at 6:51 PM, DerAmpelmann said:

O7aWHth.jpg

DAF XF Euro 6

Super Space

6x2/4
460 hp

Allison 4500 R

Are Allison transmissions really common in European trucks? I'd imagine its mostly ZF, Volvo and Scania transmissions.

^ I do not know, but I'd assume it would be more common on light rigid trucks and buses than heavy/mid duty trucks.  6 gears don't handle hills that well, and the transmission is a 1:1 copy from ATS so the final ratio is way too high for Europe speed limits.  I will be excited for the day when SCS finally allows you to select a final drive ratio in game, without mods, so I can fine tune my highway revs on MP.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Never seen allison transmission in a truck. Thats how common it is. All brands have their own automatics which are far better. Allison is more of a bus transmission

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

When J-Spec rules were made, allison transmissions were not available in ETS2. If J-Spec rules were made today it would have excluded allison transmissions for sure, they are indeed that rare.

Though mostly used in buses there are a few operators in Europe who use them apparantly:

My J-Spec Truck

Volvo FH 2012

Cabin: Globetrotter XL

Chassis: 4x2

Engine: D13K460 Euro6 (Volvo Drivetrain Revision)

Gearbox: I-Shift ATO2612E (Volvo Drivetrain Revision)

235709ets200001.png

Mods:

- 50k Wheels Pack v4.2

- New Summer Environment v2.5

- Real European Companies v2.3

- Real Gas Station v1.27

- Volvo Drivetrain Revision

- Liftable Axle for Schwarzmüller trailers

1539593399-msi-gaming.png               1539593399-evga.png

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 ● Intel Core i7-6700K ● Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2 ● Corsair Vengeance LED 4x8 Go DDR4 3000 MHz CL15 ● EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Classified 8 Go
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256 Go ● Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To ● Seagate Barracuda HDD 2 To
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition ● be quiet! Straight Power 10 800W CM 80+ Gold

On 8/8/2017 at 4:10 AM, ws353 said:

Are Allison transmissions really common in European trucks? I'd imagine its mostly ZF, Volvo and Scania transmissions.

I don't really know or didn't. I use it because I don't want to go through all 12 gears when using manual with my controller.

On 8/8/2017 at 7:49 PM, Dr_Dog said:

Never seen allison transmission in a truck. Thats how common it is. All brands have their own automatics which are far better. Allison is more of a bus transmission

I would use automatic box with 12 gears, but I don't like the one in-game. I used the smart automatic option or whatever it was called, but it downshifted too quickly when giving just a hint of gas. And without the option enabled, it upshifted way too late or not to 12th gear at all.

Ready to go!

For adaptive transmission, you need either pedal or a analogue button, no binary on off.  Because throttle position determines the transmission behaviour

18 hours ago, Dr_Dog said:

For adaptive transmission, you need either pedal or a analogue button, no binary on off.  Because throttle position determines the transmission behaviour

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I use the RT-button of Xbox One controller for throttle, but the range seems too short for the adaptive transmission to work correctly or the way I would prefer. Hence I use the Allison gearbox manually which isn't exactly realistic what comes to J-spec trucks. However, it isn't mentioned in the rules, so I shall stick to using it until I come up with something better.

Ready to go!

On 9/2/2015 at 4:18 AM, xhavefunx said:

Sir, after thoughtfully reviewing your information i must regret to inform you that your information must be deemed as false. Please show me which trailer is 3t, i'd love to have that one. A cooling trailer can weigh up to 10t. The limit of 40t doesn't apply to all countries in Europe. Some have exemptions to even 70t. 4x2 isn't even allowed to pull 40t. Max rear axle load is 12t, and a 3 axle trailer may carry 9t per axle (9000*3=27.000+12.000=39.000). Anything over it will require a 6x2/4. The extra axle is allowed to carry 10t, so 49t would be the max load with a 6x2/4. Hence why there's so many 6x4 in Scandinavia. Low HP doesn't mean better fuel consumption when heavily loaded. It'll consume even more since it requires a lot more throttle than a high powered truck which needs less throttle so less fuel to pull a heavy load. And too my personal experience i enjoy 6x2/4 more than 4x2 to drive. That's why i see so many high powered trucks in the fruit and vegetable business. The Scania R500 would be the ideal solution for heavy loads and most efficiency. It's the cheapest V8 available, has much better benchmark statistics than the the V6, and doesn't require any additional maintanance just because it has 2 more cylinders. The reason most trucks across the rest of Europe has an engine between 360 and 500 range is because the new emission rules in Europe has made transport by truck so difficult and expensive, that self-employed drivers and companies have no other choice than to buy a new Euro 5/6 for as cheap as possible. Technology is moving fast and companies are required to keep up with it. The second hand truck websites are full of Euro 3 and 4 trucks. These engines weren't even produced so long ago. It's only a matter of time for the new Euro 7 to come out. And all Euro 5 trucks will be put for sale again, but no one will buy them because of European emission laws. Most companies export their trucks to low wealth countries, that doesn't have such emission laws. This is one of the main reasons self-employed drivers and companies don't want to invest in high powered trucks. You'll be able to drive it for approx 10 years and then you can throw it away. My old truck is in Iraq now:

12542.png

And it will service them for many many years to come! 

Mmmmmmmmboi........ An r380, with topline?? (sry it seems weird to me, my jspec coming soon though)

Archived