J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 98% of my fleet qualifies for J-spec, so I'll post one truck.

Iveco Stralis

500 HP

Automatic Trans

00000000001D1B3F.jpg

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=85051 <--World of Trucks Profile

I play EU#1 on ETS2MP, North America on ATS

I drive the speed limit, stop at red lights, ect. (Unless I'm bobtailing on the autobahn :P)

I have thoughts about creating a truck club.

^

What is J-Spec Trucks?

They are basically "realistic european road vehicles" that is 95% of the trucks in the Europe for companies...

So basically it isn't a truck that has a custom Paintjob or any fancy lights or mods done to it. It is just a plain, normal truck.

@danielcross2 it was explained in the 1st post:

On 5/27/2015 at 10:21 AM, Usta said:

What is J-Spec Trucks?

They are basically "realistic european road vehicles" that is 95% of the trucks in the Europe for companies...

How to make a J-Spec Truck

Following rules are strict and standardised so far:

1. No V8 engine, No Engine over 510 HP (If you need more than 510 HP you are an idiot - maximum lowest available engine over 500 hp, can be and strictly advised below 500 hp)

2. Sideskirts are ok as long as they're just stock

3. Stock rear lights

4. Max one(1) lightbar

5. Simple company skin

6. Plastic Parts if available

For more information about J-spec and screenshots: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=184220

On 18-6-2016 at 11:55 AM, Memduh Basgan said:

Here goes : 

kvXPXr.png

Sorry bro, that's not J-Spec. 750HP engine, chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, too many lghtbars (remove the ones attached to your sideskirts)

On 22-5-2016 at 3:18 AM, 6DEM0N6 said:

My Scania R520 V8 J-Spec

520HP V8 For Heavy Haul Over The Alps (Regular Route)

gR8nYnA.jpg

Also not J-Spec (520HP v8), sorry.

On 6/19/2016 at 9:16 AM, Mr_Pingu said:

what exactly is a J spec im so confused

It's a realistic fleet truck, so no wild light setups or paint jobs.  Although, I'd also say it can refer to driving in a more realistic, efficient manner than just flooring it the entire time and driving selfishly.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

2 hours ago, Iron Spirit [NL] said:

Sorry bro, that's not J-Spec. 750HP engine, chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, too many lghtbars (remove the ones attached to your sideskirts)

Also not J-Spec (520HP v8), sorry.

wait ive seen a 520 before almost all the time so what do u mean its not J spec

signbot (1).gif

^The rules clearly state no v8 engines and no engines over 510HP.

Any truck that violates these rules is not J-Spec.

How can you have J-spec rules LOL

J-spec is a spec not a rule, its just something said by truckers, there is no rules, it is just normally a bare truck with minimum customizations.

J spec is normally something drove by agency drivers like people working for DHL, DPD, parcel force lorries ect.

The haulage companies who are smaller have more customized truck due to being a smaller company, they allow driver to customize it to there liking if they have been there long term and that truck is stuck to them.

Normally the agency drivers get allocated a different truck every day/week so that is why they are kept J-Spec.

thanks

5 hours ago, RhysH said:

How can you have J-spec rules LOL

J-spec is a spec not a rule, its just something said by truckers, there is no rules, it is just normally a bare truck with minimum customizations.

Nope. J-Spec is something that originated from the SCS forums and was created by a user named Jarrod (hence the J in J-Spec) and he is the who came up with this list of rules a truck has to conform to to be certified has J-Spec.

Archived