J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder. Does 6x4 provide any benefits in game? I can't seem to tell a difference (I know there's probably one. But I can't tell)

Not anything extra beneficial that I know. 

There is although some extra fuel consumption due to SCS notes about liftable axes patch.  More tyres on the ground = more fuel consumed in the game.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

Yeah, please don't argue about this? 'tis for a game. Also. I wonder. Does 6x4 provide any benefits in game? I can't seem to tell a difference (I know there's probably one. But I can't tell)

We weren't talking about the game. The best option would be the 6x2/4 if you drive a sandtipper sometimes. The physics of the game aren't like in real life. If you have a 6x2 taglift (which is the same as a 6x4, only in that case 2 axles are powered) the truck shouldn't wheelie when the taglift is up with a trailer attached. Only old trucks do this, because newer generation trucks are equiped with a leaf spring. So there's no benefits in the game. Like Usta said, it will just consume more fuel. 

We weren't talking about the game. The best option would be the 6x2/4 if you drive a sandtipper sometimes. The physics of the game aren't like in real life. If you have a 6x2 taglift (which is the same as a 6x4, only in that case 2 axles are powered) the truck shouldn't wheelie when the taglift is up with a trailer attached. Only old trucks do this, because newer generation trucks are equiped with a leaf spring. So there's no benefits in the game. Like Usta said, it will just consume more fuel. 

And remember that the tanks are smaller compared to 4x2 chassis  :)

I think in the game the Renault Premium has the same tank size.

But anyway, to confirm what you have written, I attach a picture of my last J-Spec truck, a 4x2 Scania 420.

With that low HP motor, I have to play more with the gearbox even when climbing small hills, so I feel more as the master of my truck and enjoy more playing the game.

The main problem is that other players, driving much faster than me, always overtake me (even in curves), getting me sometimes in serious trouble.

solaanJPSECScan.jpg

@ usta and xhavefunx:

You still argue about horsepower and speed and emissions and w/e else there was, yet you blindly ignore that the only thing that matters is to keep it rolling - what's the point of having all shiny and painted 1000hp truck when it doesn't earn a dime?

It does have a point having a clean and nice truck if you now have your company name all over your truck.

If you have a dirty and abit damaged truck people might not want to hire you for their cargo for example, while you are out on the road you are marketing the company aswell.

Love driving realistic trucks, I think those ridiculously pimped trucks are ugly af.
Those are my 2 Main-Trucks, just made them more J-Spec like:
oo0UsvP.jpgm6X9YHk.jpg

Old Actros with 476hp Engine and the 4x2 chassis. absolutely loving it. Got some horns and a little bit of lights, hope it is still considered J-Spec?

1RcAmVj.jpgAnd my Scania, will get the 440hp Euro6 Engine next time I log on ;)

Archived