J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets start this conversation again. This time no arguing or belittling each other. Have a friendly conversation without the arguments. 

Do ya'll drive your J-Spec in MP? If so, how do you deal with the impatient drivers trying to overtake you on ramps? (Since 300-500 range HP tends to slow down a lot going onto merge ramps / climbing hills)

Also, since I'm an American.. what is the average HP range for the european trucks / standard chassis? The Internet keeps showing either the 4x2 or 6x2/4 chassis (with mid-lift/partial steering), and hardly any "dualies". I'm quite interested in converting my SP/MP work truck into a J-Spec.

signature.png

Pun might be intended.

869242d1392242710-apex-flood-damage-phot

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Do ya'll drive your J-Spec in MP? If so, how do you deal with the impatient drivers trying to overtake you on ramps? (Since 300-500 range HP tends to slow down a lot going onto merge ramps / climbing hills)

Also, since I'm an American.. what is the average HP range for the european trucks / standard chassis? The Internet keeps showing either the 4x2 or 6x2/4 chassis (with mid-lift/partial steering), and hardly any "dualies". I'm quite interested in converting my SP/MP work truck into a J-Spec.

Hi,

Here in the Netherlands trucks are usually 450-600 HP, although the landscape is almost flat here.. you've got alot of 4x2 trucks here (without sideskirts) or with (Steering) midlift.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

I drive always J-spec. How do I deal with others, simple. Like in real, I ignore them. I suggest you do the same, they are **** id****. They can take over whenever they can. They often come face to face with another and that's their problem ;) Luckily, real drivers while young ones tend to go fast, are more careful and patient than the game. Because responsibility of safety around you and your haul is much more heavier than self-satisfaction. 

If companies haul long distances routes (mostly cross continental or international hauls) , you have to deal with many countries laws, so they tend to stick with cargo weight matching all countries, that's usually maximum 25t load, around 3t of trailer itself, about 7 tonnes of truck itself, they try not to go over 40 tonnes which is legal limit. That's why most companies tend to buy what makes their job work as cheap as possible. Basically 4xx's are often best suited for almost any international haul, they can go with enough speed so,  so they are majorities. Also low HP = better fuel consumption, cheaper maintenance and repairs.

International / Cross continental European companies tend to go with 4x2, drivers also like 4x2 better because ease of manueverability which is nice for narrow European roads.  But intercity / inside countries, you can see variety depending on laws of country.  To give example from my past companies for last decade, I drove Magnum DX480, Actros 1844 , Axor 1840 and latest DAF XF 105.460 , all in 400-500 range and all 4x2's... 

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

I've meant to add on to what I was saying; I believe there's more driver owned trucks in the US than there are in the EU. US trucks tend to have more luxurious additions. (There's a documentary/History Channel thing about American Truckers and their love for their trucks. Which to them, is a second home)

Also. How is my J-Spec-fu? Iveco Hi-way, 460 e6. 

6Ut6hL3.jpg

signature.png

Giving your opinion is allowed, even if it's negative but please add some constructive critism so the person who posted it knows how to make it better :)

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

I drive always J-spec. How do I deal with others, simple. Like in real, I ignore them. I suggest you do the same, they are dumb idiots. They can take over whenever they can. They often come face to face with another and that's their problem ;) Luckily, real drivers while young ones tend to go fast, are more careful and patient than the game. Because responsibility of safety around you and your haul is much more heavier than self-satisfaction. 

If companies haul long distances routes (mostly cross continental or international hauls) , you have to deal with many countries laws, so they tend to stick with cargo weight matching all countries, that's usually maximum 25t load, around 3t of trailer itself, about 7 tonnes of truck itself, they try not to go over 40 tonnes which is legal limit. That's why most companies tend to buy what makes their job work as cheap as possible. Basically 4xx's are often best suited for almost any international haul, they can go with enough speed so,  so they are majorities. Also low HP = better fuel consumption, cheaper maintenance and repairs.

International / Cross continental European companies tend to go with 4x2, drivers also like 4x2 better because ease of manueverability which is nice for narrow European roads.  But intercity / inside countries, you can see variety depending on laws of country.  To give example from my past companies for last decade, I drove Magnum DX480, Actros 1844 , Axor 1840 and latest DAF XF 105.460 , all in 400-500 range and all 4x2's... 

Sir, after thoughtfully reviewing your information i must regret to inform you that your information must be deemed as false. Please show me which trailer is 3t, i'd love to have that one. A cooling trailer can weigh up to 10t. The limit of 40t doesn't apply to all countries in Europe. Some have exemptions to even 70t. 4x2 isn't even allowed to pull 40t. Max rear axle load is 12t, and a 3 axle trailer may carry 9t per axle (9000*3=27.000+12.000=39.000). Anything over it will require a 6x2/4. The extra axle is allowed to carry 10t, so 49t would be the max load with a 6x2/4. Hence why there's so many 6x4 in Scandinavia. Low HP doesn't mean better fuel consumption when heavily loaded. It'll consume even more since it requires a lot more throttle than a high powered truck which needs less throttle so less fuel to pull a heavy load. And too my personal experience i enjoy 6x2/4 more than 4x2 to drive. That's why i see so many high powered trucks in the fruit and vegetable business. The Scania R500 would be the ideal solution for heavy loads and most efficiency. It's the cheapest V8 available, has much better benchmark statistics than the the V6, and doesn't require any additional maintanance just because it has 2 more cylinders. The reason most trucks across the rest of Europe has an engine between 360 and 500 range is because the new emission rules in Europe has made transport by truck so difficult and expensive, that self-employed drivers and companies have no other choice than to buy a new Euro 5/6 for as cheap as possible. Technology is moving fast and companies are required to keep up with it. The second hand truck websites are full of Euro 3 and 4 trucks. These engines weren't even produced so long ago. It's only a matter of time for the new Euro 7 to come out. And all Euro 5 trucks will be put for sale again, but no one will buy them because of European emission laws. Most companies export their trucks to low wealth countries, that doesn't have such emission laws. This is one of the main reasons self-employed drivers and companies don't want to invest in high powered trucks. You'll be able to drive it for approx 10 years and then you can throw it away. My old truck is in Iraq now:

12542.png

And it will service them for many many years to come! 

@ usta and xhavefunx:

You still argue about horsepower and speed and emissions and w/e else there was, yet you blindly ignore that the only thing that matters is to keep it rolling - what's the point of having all shiny and painted 1000hp truck when it doesn't earn a dime?

Anyway, a  player makes a post which includes quite provocative content/attitude and then he complains that other people respond with the same attitude and once again you both are involved in it -  Even if I don't care about your opinions (especially about speedlimiters and your game-to-reality comparisons), It seems to me that you are both experienced and grown up, so  Please, at least behave properly and respect each other

Archived