J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^So you are saying that in real life, people prefer the best combo between reliable and cheap trucks and in-game, The Players don't care about economy and reliability and buy the most expensive ones? :huh:

Sorry, to spoil it, but ....We kinda already know that xD

J-Spec spirit is the real life spirit ;)

Beside if expensive would be case, Scania would be top of the list... Prices are not really THAT much. In real life, companies don't pay for what they don't need...  Any truck in game also works for any load... It's players greed to buy stuff they don't need at all...

Truth stand point is, Scania and Volvo are not best or most expensive trucks in real life. They are somewhat favored in SCS games due to "cooperation" with specially Scania for instance.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

Just imagine how slow the convoys would be. 

Actually with convoy rules, it would not be different. J-Spec trucks are not slow unless you try 125t hauling (because they know over 25t (40t in total) of cargo is forbidden in European rules)... J-Spec'rs just don't mind respecting the road rules or they don't feel like a loser when they are overtaken...

"

^So you are saying that in real life, people prefer the best combo between reliable and cheap trucks and in-game, The Players don't care about economy and reliability and buy the most expensive ones? :huh:

Sorry, to spoil it, but ....We kinda already know that xD

Not quite really. When a company decides to buy trucks, they won't buy just one, they'll buy a lot of them. Of course, you try to go as cheap as possible. But as a company you can't just say oh well Iveco is cheap, let's buy them. There's really so much to look at. Of course, if you buy new trucks it'll be a Euro 6, because here in The Netherlands there are certain docks where only Euro 5 & 6 are allowed. That's why you see so much Euro 4 trucks on second hand truckstore websites for a really low price. One truck is extremely expensive. I planned on buying my own and taking jobs, but it would take me years to gather the money for a decent truck (An old truck with almost a million km on the odometer already costs about €35.000) Then there's the NIWO Eurolicense you have to get, which costs a lot of money, then there's tax which also costs a lot of money because a truck is heavy, diesel which is also expensive, service which can be also very expensive, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! After years of gathering money you'll need the same amount again to be even able to drive one for a living. 

So unless you've got like a 100.000 euros, it would be best to drive for a company. 

^^ Indeed, company just bought 2 brand new DAF XF Euro 5 (yeah, they are still manufactured)  but they changed cabin to be more comfortable and better height, so you can actually stand inside.  Not to mention, companies also look for post-sales part prices, like one mirror change for Scania is like twice (may be three times) cost of DAF's mirror. This kind of stuff costs in the long run actually been taken into consideration when it comes to picking brand / models.

"

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/full_image.php?id=0000000000115FC7&cdn=1
Here is a truck i currently use on my SP profile. Scania R (RJL) Normal with 360hp engine.
*Edit
IDK how to post a pic properly.

My new J-Spec, Iveco Stralis High Way, 460 HP. J-Spec all the way!

ets2_00019.png

Aww heeel naw! My truck is so J-spec that your truck is like Volvo FH 2012. Just kidding. Nice truck tho.

^click on this button

2GquNPF.jpg

and then you end up in this funny situation while you are in ETR's heavyweight convoy and you can't climb up the first hill...hoping that some good guy (me :P )will give you a push xD

4ob1P9P.jpg

Thanks for the tip, but when i tried to upload the pic and error popped up "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community".

What does that mean?

Thanks for the tip, but when i tried to upload the pic and error popped up "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community".

What does that mean?

Explains itself really, make sure you're copying the image URL. If you still get the error, copy the image and upload it to snag.gy or something and use the image URL that it gives you for that picture.

Archived