J-Spec Trucks: The New Cool Trend

S2020

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally was no big fan of that at the beginning, but I have to admit one thing: If I drive on TMP, there are many safe-edited trucks, I also use them alot. But, ignoring safe-editing, many trucks are having much chrome or lights and even look like christmas trees instead of trucks which are carrying cargo. So I thought: I want to create a Merc, which could be seen like that on real-life road. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have so far, but I think it shows everything. 
And, as I said, I have to admit, I like this kind of truck. 

gpXlWwj.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 7:31 PM, seth_haveron said:

im not sure if a Mod even count for this topic

Why shouldn't a mod not count? Truck is truck.

or other things the game do not over in vanilla condition. 

The J-Spec doesn'T mean Vanilla game content, but the truck has to cover certain characteristics to be classified as such

its about Trucks and not about SDC´s

Actually that is a truck (7.5 ton class or C1 according to European Classification)

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

1 hour ago, RayRay5 said:

Why shouldn't a mod not count? Truck is truck.

The J-Spec doesn'T mean Vanilla game content, but the truck has to cover certain characteristics to be classified as such

Actually that is a truck (7.5 ton class or C1 according to European Classification)

according to the original contest over at the SCS forum 

only Semis got their certivication as J-spec   not a single word about sdc´s or tandems.      

3 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

according to the original contest over at the SCS forum 

I can't see where it says "Semis only"

There is no limitation of truck type in the original post in the SCS forums (see spoiler for a quote), so why should Tandems or SDCs be excluded?

Also looking at the first 10 pages there is no further limitation mentioned either. And coincidentally post #100 is a rigid/tandem/box (or how ever you want to call it) truck

Spoiler

#1 Post by DaStig » 18 May 2015 21:00

I see many Jarrad-ized  trucks around here. So time to start a new thread, exclusively for J-spec trucks.

What is a J-spec truck?
Here's some rules for you:

1) Don't dry-hump the Kelsa catalogue.......
2) No Garish Japanese cartoon murals, or having flames 'n' s**t across the cab. Remember, these are working trucks.
3) If you need more than 500-510hp, you obviously undertake in the prohibition stated in Rule #1
4) If you need more than 3 axles, see ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you need anything else, you may or may not know where to find

Here are a few from me:

1. Sideskirts are ok as long as they're just stock

2. Max 500+ hp (it's ok with a slight push over that limit to fit some trucks), No V8 engines (buhu  )

3. Stock rear lights

4. Max one(1) lightbar

5. Simple company skin

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived