FSX-Fan2014

Advanced rules of the street

On 6/3/2015 at 9:53 AM, FSX-Fan2014 said:

In Germany this sign only cancels restrictions for speed and overtaking. There also only signs where you have only a cancelled speed or overtaking restriction, but nothing else. And on country roads/motorways you won't find a lot of other possible restrictions :D

In the UK our version of that sign (has a solid black bar instead of the stripes) just means national speed limit applies. This varies depending on what type of road.

i have a question about curve speed. when there is a curve speed sign on ATS do we follow it or do we use the speed limit on the bottom of the gps? because i have been following the curve speed signs but many others have been passing me when i do.  if they are speeding around curves by not following these signs should i be reporting them for unsafe driving?

curve.jpg

@leo42066,

the speed limit shown on the traffic sign is the maximum speed that is considered to be safe to pass the curve at favorable road conditions. The speed limit shown on your GPS display should correspond to the traffic signs, but I am not sure if it does.

The game rules state:

Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws and signage could result in a punishment.

Therefore , I recommend to always follow national speed limits provided by the traffic signs.

According to the game rule §2.5, you are entitled to report players for reckless driving that drive "in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger".

Drive safely!

• True Story 1

@leo42066 Although I agree with all that @Joao Rodrigues said in his reply, I wouldn't recommend reporting those players if they just overtook you. It's true that they can be considered to be driving recklessly, but it's also true that it's unlikely that they will be punished if they don't cause any accidents. I've reported actions like that in the past and the answers were always something like "I'd only kick the player" or even "Not a bannable offense".

• True Story 1

It's a great guide but it's unfortunate that 90% of players will not follow this because they drive like it's GTA.

7 hours ago, leo42066 said:

i have a question about curve speed. when there is a curve speed sign on ATS do we follow it or do we use the speed limit on the bottom of the gps? because i have been following the curve speed signs but many others have been passing me when i do.  if they are speeding around curves by not following these signs should i be reporting them for unsafe driving?

curve.jpg

That's just a recommendation because the gps speed limit will not change when you go past those types of speed limit signs.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@leo42066 Although I agree with all that @Joao Rodrigues said in his reply, I wouldn't recommend reporting those players if they just overtook you. It's true that they can be considered to be driving recklessly, but it's also true that it's unlikely that they will be punished if they don't cause any accidents. I've reported actions like that in the past and the answers were always something like "I'd only kick the player" or even "Not a bannable offense".

these people are passing me on very sharp curves to the point that i had to slam on the breaks in order not to be hit by them then that same person never even slowed down for the stop sign at the end of the road.  the speed limit on the bottom at the gps doesn't change for the curve speed limit on ATS. 

Speed limits are wrong. For starters, there is no country that has motorway limits as low as 80. It is usually 120 or 130. Also Germany's motorway limit is not 80km/h, it is unlimited. The only thing you got right was the city speed limits.

@Ardias3k

Cars were not even mentioned in the road sign thing though. It said to always use the lower speed limit out of the one on the sign and the one on the route advisor. And also the game is perfectly fine to drive in a car at car speeds, just gotta slow down under the speed limits in areas with tight corners (many of which there are not).

On 5/27/2015 at 12:25 AM, FSX-Fan2014 said:

7baccfd4736344e470a0c8ca92e08e05.png

First of all I want to say that this is very nice material. Everybody should get this to read before they can even start driving on the multiplayer simulation servers. Maybe an idea for the staff to integrate this in some kind of form of information right before people want to connect with the multiplayer?!

But ... I wonder where you got those speeds from? Here in Belgium for example it is a little bit more complicated. Let me explain with the following tabel:

URBAN AREA

• Within urban area: 50 km/h
  • Vehicles above 7,5 tons with ADR classe 1: 40 km/h

OUTSIDE URBAN AREA

Trucks up to 7,5 tons

• On highways and 4-lane roads: 90 km/h
  • On 4-lane roads: 90 km/h
  • On other roads: 70 km/h

Trucks heavier than 7,5 tons

• On highways: 90 km/h
  • On other roads: 60 km/h

Truck - Trailer combo heavier than 7,5 tons

HCT heavier than 7,5 tons

Trucks heavier than 7,5 tons with ADR

Trucks heavier than 7,5 tons with ADR Classe 1

• On highways: 85 km/h
  • On 4-lane roads: 70 km/h

Minimum speed on highways is 70 km/h unless told otherwise with signage.

===========================================================================================

In other words is the main speed for trucks on Belgian highways 90 km/h and not 80.