FSX-Fan2014

Advanced rules of the street

Nicely done, thanks for this topic.
People realy need to learn few simple rules.  I got rammed several times by players who drive too fast, ignoring signs and not giving way or they don't stop on red light in city areas.
When on high way they can drive as fast as they want but should be careful when there are other trucks on the road especialy on turns.

Rules do not matter to those who speed... lol
I was on the europe 5 server the other day and got honked and yelled at by a kid who was speeding in the first place and could not control his truck....lol
Mind you, i did not understand a word he said... lol

classic example... lol

And for all of you that bought the Vive La France DLC, here is another traffic sign to consider.

360px-UK_traffic_sign_557.1.svg.png

This sign warns you of an uneven road ahead, caused by bad road conditions but also by speed bumps!

Reduce your speed and approach with caution.

Drive safely!

Edited by Joao Rodrigues
picture updated

This will indeed help drivers who are new to a different country or in fact new drivers all together. I actually just noticed this. Well done!

Edited by Smalley
please delete as it double posted.

Great detail to this post. I will be honest and have to say, that it gave me information about the road signs I was not too sure about.

Highly recommend to take some time and read this.

Thank you! ;) 

One other tip, when you are on a motorway and somebody is pulled over on the shoulder (and especially if he has his signal on to merge back in), it is common courtesy in my opinion to switch lanes away from the shoulder (if it can be done safely, of course) to give the guy some room.

• Upvote 1

Couple things wrong here:

1. High beams are NEVER used to communicate in trucks.  Always turn lights off and back on OR on then back off.  However, due to the stringent policy on this Mod, proper use may not be allowed.
  2. "Left, Right,Left, Right" turn signals for "Thanks you"  Again. this is wrong.  Thank you is either turning off your Marker lights (which ATS does not allow) or using your fourway flashers for 5 to 10 flashes.
  3. Anytime a horn is warranted, it should be your airhorn.  Unless in a town/city that restricts it's use.
  4. Not MPs fault but, there are MANY bugs in ATS that prevent it from being realistic in any way other than you are driving a truck, pulling a trailer.

Great post.

Trucks in Sweden:

Trucks are divided into so-called light and heavy. A light truck may have a maximum weight of 3.5 tons. A heavy truck, on the other hand, may have a total weight exceeding 3.5 tons. The heavy truck allows you to drive for a maximum of 90 km/h (56 mph) on a highway or motorway. Any other road, or if it has a trailer, 80 km/h (50 mph) applies.

Not sure how this is simulated game wise though.

Thanks for these!! I'll have to study them a bit (or just play single player a bit more to learn the "streets") since i almost went down the wrong road yesterday after getting off a ferry (my GPS was saying it was fine). I'm assuming it was a left hand driven road area & i had just come from a right hand side area (what i'm used too) & i was so embarrassed & frustrated that i just rage quit. So i went and played ATS instead :lol:. If i had a second monitor i'd keep this information on screen at all times.