Planing your actions & avoiding accidents

Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent or correct information. Please bear this in mind if following this guide.

Cars should be the exception in ETS2. In addition, the map for such speeds in my opinion is not designed. I like it that way. That's still a truck simulation

@Ardias3k

Cars were not even mentioned in the road sign thing though. It said to always use the lower speed limit out of the one on the sign and the one on the route advisor. And also the game is perfectly fine to drive in a car at car speeds, just gotta slow down under the speed limits in areas with tight corners (many of which there are not).

On 5/27/2015 at 12:25 AM, FSX-Fan2014 said:

7baccfd4736344e470a0c8ca92e08e05.png

First of all I want to say that this is very nice material. Everybody should get this to read before they can even start driving on the multiplayer simulation servers. Maybe an idea for the staff to integrate this in some kind of form of information right before people want to connect with the multiplayer?!

But ... I wonder where you got those speeds from? Here in Belgium for example it is a little bit more complicated. Let me explain with the following tabel:

URBAN AREA

• Within urban area: 50 km/h
  • Vehicles above 7,5 tons with ADR classe 1: 40 km/h

OUTSIDE URBAN AREA

Trucks up to 7,5 tons

• On highways and 4-lane roads: 90 km/h
  • On 4-lane roads: 90 km/h
  • On other roads: 70 km/h

Trucks heavier than 7,5 tons

• On highways: 90 km/h
  • On other roads: 60 km/h

Truck - Trailer combo heavier than 7,5 tons

HCT heavier than 7,5 tons

Trucks heavier than 7,5 tons with ADR

Trucks heavier than 7,5 tons with ADR Classe 1

• On highways: 85 km/h
  • On 4-lane roads: 70 km/h

Minimum speed on highways is 70 km/h unless told otherwise with signage.

===========================================================================================

In other words is the main speed for trucks on Belgian highways 90 km/h and not 80.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can only imagine how long this toke you to make. The description is so detailed that this could be in a drivers handbook learners use when learning to drive. There are so many people that should read this since they seem to have no knowledge on how to drive safely or the meaning behind some signs, whether they are new to driving or not. My hats off to you mate, keep it up.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there @FSX-Fan2014

Thanks for your guide. At the moment, it is outdated and needs some improvements.

Some of the text in your guide blends in perfectly with the dark theme of the forum. As dark is now the default theme, please can you update your text to be in a different, more legible colour.

Otherwise I may have to archive your guide.

- Phon

- TruckersMP Community Manager

• 2 months later...

Very useful information thanks ❤️ 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Thank you so much ❤️ 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------