Planing your actions & avoiding accidents

Message added by James,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent or correct information. Please bear this in mind if following this guide.

FSX-Fan2014, on 27 May 2015 - 00:25, said:

snapback.png

Ende-saemtlicher-streckenbezogener-Gesch No speed and overtaking resctrictions

It cancels all previous restrictions not only speed or overtaking.

In Germany this sign only cancels restrictions for speed and overtaking. There also only signs where you have only a cancelled speed or overtaking restriction, but nothing else. And on country roads/motorways you won't find a lot of other possible restrictions :D

I think dev-team should take this post, print it, and stick a copy with a palm in the face of each driver that first logs into MP.

Meanwhile, a huge post agreement for registering drivers or a video tutorial, as previously suggested, should fit, imo : P

Great post, appreciate it.

• Upvote 2

lkRjRkb.png

or when the lane markings are continuous like below:

295.gif

Well, in the UK solid white lines mean you can't cross into the other lane unless there's a reason for it like an obstruction, entering/exiting from a side road/property, or a vehicle (or horse) is travelling at/slower than 10mph (~16Km/h) (Rule 129). There's a difference between no crossing into the other lane (unless certain criteria is met) and no overtaking.

The last rule is thrown out the window if there's a no overtaking sign though, unless the vehicle or horse is stationary that is.

• Upvote 1

Although the game is different from reality...But every player should try to keep the rules!!!

I can give my friends to see Thank You!

Great job on the post!!! I would just add one thing to the idea of overtaking and that would be to please remember that you are driving a giant truck with a heavy trailer not a sports car. If you intend to pass someone make sure you have plenty of room and time, go by the book, and make it a clean pass so there are no accidents.

Driving education is something you learn from your family...If you dont respect other drivers in real life you ll never do it in here.. The rules here CAN T take place beacuse there isn t the same traffic like real life and the issue money is not helping ( about fines) . If there was a way to have Multiplayer money(no prossible way to hack them) and multiplayer fines with realistic job reawards and all stuff then maybe all these could make some guys drive properly..they could make an 18+ server for more serious gaming but i saw kids 15yo playing more mature from 30yo and from that you can realise that having license or not,dont matter .. It s all about driving education and respect.!!! :)

• Upvote 1

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice guide and much useful information. Sad that the quote "Idiots" won't be reading it. I doubt many of them CAN read. I got so tired of being rammed, run off the road etc. I purchased a video recording package and am reporting as many of the "Idiots" as I can. It's time consuming and extra overhead on your PC but if we all do video reports eventually the "Idiots" will accumulate enough bans to deserve a permanent ban.

Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

• HumaneWolf featured this topic
  • 3 months later...

Really good guide but a bit too serious for MP if you ask me - this is a game after all and very few people obey any speed limits in EU2 and I've no intention of obeying speed limits :P I don't really pay much attention to the signs tbh (I'd imagine alot probably don't) I don't see the problem with  sounding your horn/air horn at passing trucks (I will continue to do it - I don't do it all the time tho) Thats kind of become the way of saying hi to each other in MP so so many people do it :)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Would be amazing if there was a guide with the MP Download as in a ZIP file so people both had the Traffic Laws written in a simple manner and also in a short version so they could get a brief rundown about it; Also with the traffic signs, who has priority and such :)

Maybe it would enlighten "some" people to read it before heading straight in as the (Game Rules) are in the Information section on the main page, most likely they will miss it. Just an idea though :) Could always be handy to have that .pdf file (as an example) open on my other monitor so I could check for anything I would be unsurten about!

• Upvote 1

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

• 3 months later...

We (as players) should be forced to acknowledge a thread such as this. I didn't know what some of those signs meant till I read this.

Thank you :)

PS: You'll always get some "non law abiding" folk on the servers as it is still a game as well as a simulator. I agree with your opinions though about some of the most illogical decisions they make (such as you said, overtaking in a traffic jam).

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png