Auto-Kick System for Running Red lights

Patriot Trucking

Suggestion Name: Red Light Running Auto-Kick

Suggestion Description: System that automatically kicks players that run a red light a set amount of times.

Example images: None Needed

Why should it be added?: A deterrent to stop players driving through red lights.

Explanation:

If the server could keep a record on players that run red lights, if a player runs a red light a set amount of times (insert number), they will be automatically kicked.

e.g. Player runs 10 red lights in the space of 15mins - kick... after three offences the system automatically temp bans the player.

Driver: Patriot Trucking - Level: 53 - Truck: Scania S High Roof - 730hp - Miles Driven: 130,000mi - Deliveries Finished: 450 - Current Money: €20,000,000

So currently, we don't punish players based on running a red light, however if a player runs a red light and causes an accident, then the player can be punished for dangerous driving/ramming.

The problem with this is that a lot of users have turned the police off in their settings which would make it very difficult for this to be enacted unless we lock that on for everyone. At which point, if you like to drive at 110, then you might not want to as the speed cameras will pick you up a lot more.

what happens if you genuinely hold your brakes down and still go through the red light a tiny bit? will you still get kicked for a mistake?

That's where the set limit and time duration comes into effect, if you happen to run 10 red lights in the space of 15mins (as-per my example) then clearly it isn't a mistake and thats when you get kicked.

So currently, we don't punish players based on running a red light, however if a player runs a red light and causes an accident, then the player can be punished for dangerous driving/ramming.

The problem with this is that a lot of users have turned the police off in their settings which would make it very difficult for this to be enacted unless we lock that on for everyone. At which point, if you like to drive at 110, then you might not want to as the speed cameras will pick you up a lot more.

Ah I totally forgot the police setting is for both cameras and traffic lights, I guess then yes, you would have to set it on permanently and then by enforcing a "how many times, during how many minutes rule" (like my example) the system would most likely kick intentional offenders rather than the odd player who's driving at 110 or ran an odd red light by mistake.

Due to the fact that cameras aren't so frequent on main roads and highways whereas inside cities every red light has one, someone who runs 10 of them in <15mins is clearly purposely driving round the city and blasting through red lights.

Driver: Patriot Trucking - Level: 53 - Truck: Scania S High Roof - 730hp - Miles Driven: 130,000mi - Deliveries Finished: 450 - Current Money: €20,000,000

I think the police was gonna be forced as soon as red lights were synced. Those who wanna drive fast are allowed to do so, but if EU1 us supposed to be the "real" one, why the hell should we be able to avoid police? It has no sense at all.

I´m agree with the suggestion, but I think there´s no any database right now for each player where we could safe that "redLightsDriven" number to count. And an auto-kick for just a single red-light... may be too hard.

Anyway, I would even try it, in real life a trucker must drive a enough safe speed to be able to brake if the light in front turns red. In case the auto-kick was implemented, may be players would take care about braking instead of speeding after seing the orange color.

lkRjRkb.png

im against this.for example if its a 4 way crossroads but 2 roads are blocked of as its the end fo the maps it is essentialy just a corner and not a crossroad as its the only direction you can go and others can come out of.

on those spots theres also a traffic light and i never stop for them.why would i? cant cause any accidents by running em.

what happens if you genuinely hold your brakes down and still go through the red light a tiny bit? will you still get kicked for a mistake?

Hold the accelerator and brake while going through a red light... Trust me, you'll save a lot, it's quite a useful trick for those sections of road where you wont hit anyone by going through on red.

OT: It's a flawed suggestion because it relies on the game catching you and it can be bypassed using the above method and probably other methods as well.

I'm totally supporting this suggestion, it's a really well thought about suggestion that I can see working just fine.

I don't see the problem with locking on the police for everyone. After all we're playing a simulator, it's supposed to be realistic. Disabling the tickets for breaking traffic laws isn't very realistic. And with driving a 110; every speedcamera is announced with a sign, if you pay attention to the road signs you can just slow down so the camera won't pick you up.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Suggestion Name: Red Light Running Auto-Kick

Suggestion Description: System that automatically kicks players that run a red light a set amount of times.

Example images: None Needed

Why should it be added?: A deterrent to stop players driving through red lights.

Explanation:

If the server could keep a record on players that run red lights, if a player runs a red light a set amount of times (insert number), they will be automatically kicked.

e.g. Player runs 10 red lights in the space of 15mins - kick... after three offences the system automatically temp bans the player.

In real life you run red lights and you don't get kicked. (At least in my country I don't see random vehicles disappearing because they run red ligths -please tell me you share the same opinion as I do lel)

Porto, Portugal

In real life you run red lights and you don't get kicked. (At least in my country I don't see random vehicles disappearing because they run red ligths -please tell me you share the same opinion as I do lel)

In my country I don't see people running through red lights with a high speed as much as I do ingame. In real life, when people run through a red light (which rarely happens), they fear for their life because the chance on a dangerous crash is real. Where did you see that ingame? 

So if I have to choose between randomly disappearing trucks because of kicks or non-realistic high speed running traffic lights with very often dangerous crashes which ruin the fun for players who actually do play by the road rules... Then I choose disappearing trucks 12 times out of 10. 

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

WHAT THE... Kicking/randomly disappearing trucks is nowhere near from realism. a BIG NO from me. -1

You´re kicking those who are making the game not realistic. Shouldnt we kick those ramming and trolling cause "a truck dissapearing" is unrealistic? omg...

"I share the same opinión as you". NO, just joking, you´re not serious at all. In real life those who run red lights receive a fine at home. Do you want MP-Team to send you a fine to pay each time you run through a red light? Just to make the game realistic, as you said... omg.

lkRjRkb.png

I like the idea. Also as someone mentioned a player database: That would be a nice solution!!

Make it that speed cam violation and traffic light violation add a point to your record. Also admins can add points to your record. After a while of driving without getting a point, the points will slowly substract. This timer resets when you get another point added. When you reach a certain score your banned for a day and your points will be set "x amount" below the threshold. This way ppl would actually care a bit about the violations and infractions. Noone cares about the stupid ingame money fine tbh.

--

Please, don't create a new topic with an existing suggestion "http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/14497-kick-tricolor-red-lights/"

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam / Cordialement ,

Dogidog.

"If you need help, don't hesitate to pm me. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide, n'hésitez pas à me contacter"
"Looking for an unban ? Please write a ban appeal here / Vous regardez pour être dé-banni ? S'il vous plaît écrivez une demande ici"

Archived