I can't launch ETS2MP

Deio Keios

Question

I cannot launch the ets2mp without updating the client every time. I m going to try and uninstall and re install it from scratch  to see if that solves the problem, I will let you know if it works i was just wondering if any else was having same problem.

I love etsmp and this is the first major problem i have had.

Thanks 

DeioKeios

Edited by Cooper's Freightmaster
'lunch' to 'Launch'

Deio Keios

Co-Founder, Owner, Director of General Transport and Operations Manager

for Squirrel Keios Transport

18 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure none of us can "lunch" ETS2MP. XD

Seriously, though. I know you meant "launch". Yeah, do that. Reinstall using the latest version and be sure to launch it from the MP client. Not ETS2 on Steam. If it doesn't work, try detailing the problem a little more for us.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Okay, i have re installed the latest update, i click the ets2mp icon on my desktop and it launches single player. Even When i go in to the game flies and load up there its the same. It rather frustrating having re download and install the update every time i want play . I don't really know if i can give any more detail than that.

Edited by DeioKeios

Deio Keios

Have you tried running singleplayer from Steam at least once before launching MP? Also, be sure the game directory paths in the setup process of MP are correct.

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I have never had to run it as administrator before, it very odd that need to now. I have done this and it is now working as it should.

Thanks for the help

Deio Keios

When I try to play ets2mp then it say I cannot start because off missing steam_api.dll on my pc.

do next:

• On the top panel - steam - check for a new update steam client
  • steam - right click on the game - properties - verify integrity cache

If there will be fine, and game still not working - reinstall the steam

do next:

• On the top panel - steam - check for a new update steam client
  • steam - right click on the game - properties - verify integrity cache

If there will be fine, and game still not working - reinstall the steam

Well I have done that and now I get this message.:

Could not inject dll into the game precess ( error code 8) Please try launching the game again.If this problem still occurs, please try reinstalling the mod.

done that and nothing helpt.

I cannot start and plat ETS2mp

Hello everyone, i have kind of the same problem... i'm pretty sure that my ets2 is updated to the latest version but when i want to launch ETS2MP (by run as administrator ofc) it says my ETS2 must be 1.17.1s version of steam release. do i have to download some beta version or DLC to be able to play online?

^ You already described your problem by yourself. You have the latest ETS2 version, which is 1.18 but we aren't supporting that version at the moment.
Follow the video to downgrade to version 1.17, you'll be able to play with 1.18 very soon.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Well I have done that and now I get this message.:

Could not inject dll into the game precess ( error code 8) Please try launching the game again.If this problem still occurs, please try reinstalling the mod.

done that and nothing helpt.

I cannot start and plat ETS2mp

what forlder do you have install the game? write full directory

^ You already described your problem by yourself. You have the latest ETS2 version, which is 1.18 but we aren't supporting that version at the moment.

Follow the video to downgrade to version 1.17, you'll be able to play with 1.18 very soon.

Thank you so much sir.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.