Show kilomers/mph after name!

Femt0n

Suggestion Name: Show kilometers/mph after name.

Suggestion Description: I thought that Kilometers/mph should be showed after the names of the people driving so we know how fast people are going.

Any example images: It could look like this, my name for example: ''[s.PLH] Sour Milk [sWE] (37) (km/h 50) 

Why should it be added?: This should be added so that it could be easier to prevent rear-ramming of other players beause of desync. Because if we can see how fast the other person is going we can keep the same speed and maybe not accidently rear-ram the person. 

Tell me what you think about this. Thanks.

76561198035372634.png

-1 from me.

The way the multiplayer is coming to is....Well, more of a nonsense game rather than a simulation...(Not trying to implement anything about SL)

What I'm saying is, there's already a TAB list where you can check how distant a player is to you, and that's not real at all. Do we get these in real life?

Now there's a 'sensor' that can detect how fast people are traveling ahead of you? Sure, maybe if we have it IRL in the distant future, but not yet, because that would just be a nuisance for all who just want to enjoy trucking, like IRL. (I'm not being a 'realism fanatic,' but this is just nonsense)

And, regardless the speed, you can still hit the person in front of you if he desyncs really badly.

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

Why not add destination, type of cargo, weight of cargo, number of gear, gender, ... there?

No, just look at your mirrors and try to keep a decent distance between 2 trucks.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

-1. Use your eyes.

I do admit that I sometimes use the tab overview when I approach a intersection to see if there is someone nearby.

Since the R3 release the tab menu has regained it's transparency feature, so if you want you can keep the tab open. 

You're lucky you're not a reallife driver, because than you probably need a new underpants every time a car barely overtakes you and cut you off just to make an exit..

Accidents happen. Only truck drivers that pay attention and drive defensively can postpone when they will have a crash.

Note that most accidents are not to blame to the truckdriver. But believe me, when you do hit a vehicle and someone is injured (or worse), most drivers do have some psychological issues to start driving again. Especially when children are involved. 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

-1 from me.

The way the multiplayer is coming to is....Well, more of a nonsense game rather than a simulation...(Not trying to implement anything about SL)

What I'm saying is, there's already a TAB list where you can check how distant a player is to you, and that's not real at all. Do we get these in real life?

Now there's a 'sensor' that can detect how fast people are traveling ahead of you? Sure, maybe if we have it IRL in the distant future, but not yet, because that would just be a nuisance for all who just want to enjoy trucking, like IRL. (I'm not being a 'realism fanatic,' but this is just nonsense)

And, regardless the speed, you can still hit the person in front of you if he desyncs really badly.

So, you are calling ETS2MP a simulator? This is two of many video that shows what it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY_5PRJuIoI

Sure, we want to reach so high level of realism we can, but showing speed-limit won´t decrease that level. How realistic is it to see a TAB menu with players near you?

• Upvote 1

@740GL

Those are just bugs/mistakes in the game, every game has such bugs, look at gta5 where u can jump trough the floor if u do it correctly, This has nothing to do with the realism of the game, it is and stays a game, and in a game. There is bugs.

On topic:

I like the idea, altough it would remove some of the realism tho, any truck driver should just keep safe distance. I prefer that it would better if it shows their ping to avoid crashing onto them when they have a high ping, but that is just my idea, Thanks for the suggestion tho!

isc_logo_detail.gif
speedway.jpg

-1 from me.

I agree you, its simulation game and we dont have all these in real life/

-1. Use your eyes.

I do admit that I sometimes use the tab overview when I approach a intersection to see if there is someone nearby.

Since the R3 release the tab menu has regained it's transparency feature, so if you want you can keep the tab open. 

You're lucky you're not a reallife driver, because than you probably need a new underpants every time a car barely overtakes you and cut you off just to make an exit..

Accidents happen. Only truck drivers that pay attention and drive defensively can postpone when they will have a crash.

Note that most accidents are not to blame to the truckdriver. But believe me, when you do hit a vehicle and someone is injured (or worse), most drivers do have some psychological issues to start driving again. Especially when children are involved. 

Okay but how do you know I'm not a real life driver? I dont wanna sound rude. Just saying. 

76561198035372634.png

If it gets optional, it´s not a bad idea at all. I mean, Im one of those wanting realism too, and so much help is not making it real, but at least I see it quite helpfull when driving in convoy, as I can know the speed in the front truck easier, while now we (me and mates) use to say when the first truck is changing speed.

Anyway, I dont think this is priority, anybody should be able to drive safe, mantaining safe distance with vehicles in front is just to prevent those situations where you can react without problem even if the one in front get´s frozen.

Sometimes I think some people could even suggest a hook to attatch to the truck in front and take some rest while the truck follows by itself. <_< Obviously, then they could say "I LOVE TRUCKING" lol

• Upvote 1

lkRjRkb.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.