Do non-DLC players see the new trailers?

TNeggs[KANSAS,USA]

So I'm very egotistical and Bull Haulers are the best drivers we have in here in the States. That being said, I'm using the Cattlerack only mod from Metaltiger - http://metaltigersa.co.za/live.html
I'm just curious, Will players who don't own the new Scandinavia DLC see the livestock trailer? Or will it show up as one of the old trailers on their screens? I know with the 'HighPowered Cargo' DLC, the cargo showed up as an empty trailer to others who didn't have it.

Players who don't have the new contents of any DLC will likely see place holders on their screen and I don't think it would be any different with the Scandinavia DLC. It's very likely that any trailer a player don't have will be replaced by some stock trailer from the vanilla game in MP.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

With the trailer of Volvo truck those who don't have Scandinavia DLC are able to see it, so it is probably the samething with the Cattlerack trailer

76561198078663503.png

Like my post if you found my answer helpful and useful  :D 
Sorry for my English level, if I made a mistake, please send me a private message with the correction I should make.
Thank you   :)

Just what I was thinking Mike, something like the Curtain trailer showing up. 
Phil and Firestarter, I noticed that before DLC was available, the Volvo/Scania truck trailer was in the About>>Trailerbrowser, but the livestock trailer was not put in there until the the DLC was downloaded.

The only cargos (in fact, trailers) that people without the scandinavian dlc can't see are the wind plant parts and the volvo cars. The trucks and cattle cargos, and scandinavian company's skins are stored on the base game.

Just what I was thinking Mike, something like the Curtain trailer showing up.
Phil and Firestarter, I noticed that before DLC was available, the Volvo/Scania truck trailer was in the About>>Trailerbrowser, but the livestock trailer was not put in there until the the DLC was downloaded.

The trailer browser don't show all trailers of the game, it shows the trailers linked to the cargos avaiable to the player. The cattle trailer is on the base game but the cargo is on the dlc.

IKTzLlO.png

Before the new DLC was released, I already saw the new live stock trailer. But players without the DLC won't see the Scandinavia company names on the trailers. I'm not sure if non-DLC players can see the Volvo/Scania trailer.

It's possible that those players only see a flatbed in the same way non-heavy cargo DLC players won't see helicopters or yachts being hauled.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

From the very quick download and the small amount of MB's (don't remember the exact amount), we basically figured that everyone already has the DLC installed. Buying it on steam, merely unlocks the files for you (according to our assumption at least). So if that is the case, I guess it's safe to assume that players without the DLC would be able to see the trailers just like a player with the DLC sees them. 

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

The livestock trailer is there since 1.17 update, so player without the Scandinavia DLC still could see it.

The Livestocktrailer in the AI traffic is not the same as the one you can haul.

At least the one in the traffic is empty, while the one you haul should have cows in it (at least i saw them on pictures).

Anyway, Is there anyone who doesn't have Scaninavia and can check it for us? xD

I have extracted the base.scs and dlc_north.scs into separated folders, i can check what is on the base game and what is on the dlc.

The Livestocktrailer in the AI traffic is not the same as the one you can haul.

At least the one in the traffic is empty, while the one you haul should have cows in it (at least i saw them on pictures).

No, you're wrong. The game loads the cows and the trailer separately. Traffic and players uses the same trailer model. The livestock trailer is on the base game.

Haulable Trailer: livestock.sii

trailer : trailer.livestock {	accessories[]: .livestock.tchassis	accessories[]: .livestock.trwheel0	accessories[]: .livestock.trwheel1	accessories[]: .livestock.trwheel2        accessories[]: .livestock.cargo}vehicle_accessory: .livestock.tchassis{    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/trailer/livestock/chassis.sii"}vehicle_wheel_accessory: .livestock.trwheel0{	offset: 0    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/single.sii"}vehicle_wheel_accessory: .livestock.trwheel1{	offset: 2    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/single.sii"}vehicle_wheel_accessory: .livestock.trwheel2{	offset: 4    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/single.sii"} vehicle_accessory: .livestock.cargo{    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/trailer/livestock/cows.sii"}

Traffic Trailer: livestock_traffic.sii

trailer : traffic.trailer.livestock {	accessories[]: .traffic.livestock.tchassis	accessories[]: .traffic.livestock.trwheel0	accessories[]: .traffic.livestock.trwheel1	accessories[]: .traffic.livestock.trwheel2	cargo_mass: 19000				#traffic only}vehicle_accessory: .traffic.livestock.tchassis{    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/trailer/livestock/chassis.sii"}vehicle_wheel_accessory: .traffic.livestock.trwheel0{	offset: 0    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/single.sii"}vehicle_wheel_accessory: .traffic.livestock.trwheel1{	offset: 2    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/single.sii"}vehicle_wheel_accessory: .traffic.livestock.trwheel2{	offset: 4    	data_path: "/def/vehicle/t_wheel/single.sii"}

[...] But players without the DLC won't see the Scandinavia company names on the trailers. [...]

The company skins are on the base game.

IKTzLlO.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived