News about Volvo

antrax737

What they said above. It's not that the truck has two clutch pedals. It still has only one. It just the gearbox that is different.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

its like having 2 gearboxes, so when you press the pedal, there will be always power going on towards the wheels w/o interruption between gear changes

Don't think it has 2 gearboxes, but if its like the Honda DCT motorbike engines, it will have 2 clutch plates, one for 1st, 3rd and 5th and the second clutch plate for 2nd,4th and 6th so when the bike is ready to go from 1st to 2nd the second clutch will start engaging with 2nd and it will change and switch to 2nd, and going from 2nd to 3rd is just the first clutch spinning with 3rd gear ready for the gear change. Pretty smooth changes as well

Its the best way i could explain it 

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

A little bit of a funny story, I was actually one of the first in the whole world to drive the new Volvo FH. The company I used to work for had a masked one and we even had to sign confidentiality contracts and wasn't allowed to show anyone the inside of it.

This one was the one I used to drive, it was/is the best truck I have ever driven in the whole damn world. It didn't have dual clutch but the I-Shift in itself is honestly amazing and there's nothing like it on the market, the gearchanges are so smooth sometimes that you don't even feel them with our without dual clutch.

NewVolvoFh16.jpg

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

Here is a video how Volvo perform their collision tests:

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

No airbag deployment

And the passenger has no seatbelt...

Add those they'd live

Tbf living doesn't mean it's completely safe... You can come out with some injuries but nothing major or you can come out paralysed, both instances you live. 

Besides, with the EU's tighter regulations, there's no doubt that even a DAF or an MAN truck would be better than that truck, never mind Volvo which has quite the reputation for making safe vehicles.

i wonder how fast a truck wil accelerate with this system.considering a truck has realy short gears it currently loses kinda alot accelerating from 0-70 km/h.i realy think this will have a big effect on the trucks overall performance and eficiency.

als cool to see race technology get used on the road :D

• 1 month later...

Archived