New gaming computer

geoff911

Thought i'd build myself a gaming computer as my all-in-one Acer Aspire Z3770 sometimes struggles to play ETS2MP and i decided that i should invest in a better computer. I only have a budget of £700 and i thought that i would get a better computer and deal if i built one from scratch than to buy one from the shops. i have chosen to use ebuyer.com to purchase my components which are: http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/467331my manager at work who built his own gaming pc and uses Steam on it said he will help me build it with no charge which is nice of him. I decided i do not need to purchase a monitor as my aspire  contains a HDMI in port on the back so i can use it as a monitor. To save spending all my wages on buying all the parts straight away i will buy one or two parts with each wages, i have already ordered the case and the PSU. i might purchase the RAM modules and processor cooler on my next wage slip in two weeks choosing to use free five day shipping on orders over £50 to save me money. my manager told me to try and purchase any items that have a warranty last like the graphics card, HDD, SSD and motherboard so the warranty don't run out quicker as it might take about 4 months to build as  get wages every two weeks. The SSD will run the operating system Windows 8.1 whilst the HDD will be home to my games and other items. I would love to have a setup like Squirrel has but it would take me a couple of years to save up that amount of money lol.

Just two things which can save a little cost and give more performance.

Get a GTX 960 over the 760.  It's actually cheaper and faster than the one you selected.

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Graphics-Cards-Nvidia/subcat/NVIDIA-GTX-960-Series?sort=price+ascending

With no CPU overclocking, a much cheaper Freezer 7 cooler is sufficient.

http://www.ebuyer.com/176157-arctic-cooling-freezer-7-pro-rev-2-socket-775-1150-1156-1155-ac-frz-7pr2

only use the ssd for os and things like chrome and put games on the HDD as it got more capacity just plug the hdd in the 6gb/s sata port on the mobo and you should still get decently fast speeds also get a biger hdd theyre cheap but dont get seagate as they have a higher failure rate then HGST and Western Digital

veteran3.png.00cc537938db70681c433a3de1c

78feccb3735d4d601c213217d51504ad.png In Game Status:status.png

5bdbc323038b92f79529c309a81d3847.png   ||  50b10f433129aa1b36b61c39f11c9548.png  ||  6713a22eca15b698d909cd3166af3950.png

Just two things which can save a little cost and give more performance.

Get a GTX 960 over the 760.  It's actually cheaper and faster than the one you selected.

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Graphics-Cards-Nvidia/subcat/NVIDIA-GTX-960-Series?sort=price+ascending

With no CPU overclocking, a much cheaper Freezer 7 cooler is sufficient.

http://www.ebuyer.com/176157-arctic-cooling-freezer-7-pro-rev-2-socket-775-1150-1156-1155-ac-frz-7pr2

thanks i'll have a look into those

i personally think you'll fill up that 120gb SSD fast

it's only for the operating system which is 20GB

only use the ssd for os and things like chrome and put games on the HDD as it got more capacity just plug the hdd in the 6gb/s sata port on the mobo and you should still get decently fast speeds also get a biger hdd theyre cheap but dont get seagate as they have a higher failure rate then HGST and Western Digital

Thats what i plan to do thanks. 

^

you really cant put alot of games on a SSD and 1tb ssd are expensive

thats why only the OS is going on SSD and everything else is going on the 1TB HDD

thanks i'll have a look into those

I'd have a look at the R9 280x as well. It trades blows with the 960 and while I'm not one to preach about  VRAM, 2GB seems a bit... Ehh. The 4GB 960s cost a bit more than the 280x but they're more efficient.

http://www.ebuyer.com/581410-msi-r9-280x-gaming-3gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-r9-280x-gaming-3g

I have 2 ssd drives now and one (os's) has css on it and yea it fills up fast lol

2 nd ssd is 256, used mostly for video recording to prevent windup time. I'll need to convert or delete videos soon... as the 2 tb Hitachi is filling up lol

HGST and Western Digital

One of my drivers are clicking (which ever drive f is on lol, still works sometimes needs to power off for a few minutes)

I used to like Seagate but after my 320 died with no recovery hope I bought a 1 tb (basically dead) as a replacement...

IMO avoid green from western... they gave a auto die down to "save power" there is a way of disabling it but voids any warranties ;)

Get red have 2 no issues a little more but meant for 24/7/365/2 or 3 years ;) my steam games are on a red if I remember correctly :)

Oh HGST does not make drives anymore but during wd takeover where sold/rights to manufacture to Toshiba (monopoly prevention)

Same locations and same quality with the same price :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGST

However I think Toshiba's are 32mb(advertised as 64 on many sites if is true) vs 64mb, but I've yet to notice any read/write/seek time difference :)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I use WD Blue for my 2 1tb HDD's in my desktop, and a 240 gb Sandisk SSD Plus SSD for my macbook, the WD blue's are pretty cheap (~50.00 USD each) and the SSD I got when it was on special for 90.00 USD (actual retail price is 110 USD) as for the OS, I would stay away from windows 8 with AMD GPU's if you do get one as when I was using Win 8 with my AMD GPU I would experience weird GPU crashes and such, all which went away after going to windows 7.

Get what you can afford. I went all out on my computer and got 16GB of RAM, a GTX 980 graphics card, and a 1000w power supply.  No one needs that much to have a powerful gaming rig. I suggest searching amazon because they seem to have the lowest prices in most cases. There are also websites where you can pick a price and choose the parts you want and they'll build it for you and send it to you. If you are more particular in the kind of parts you want I'd suggest going to them.

Personal opinion: I have had bad experiences with Cyberpower, so I would suggest avoiding them at all costs.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

I would rather go with this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£143.44 @ Ebuyer)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£29.17 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£73.00 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£50.42 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.47 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.47 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 960 4GB Video Card  (£200.00 @ Ebuyer)

Case:  CiT Dominator 4 x 12CM Blue LED Fans USB3 Card Reader Black Interior Fan Control (Purchased)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For £51.35)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£11.99 @ Ebuyer)

Total (Not Yet Purchased): £601.96

Total (Purchased): £51.35
Total: £653.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-31 02:54 BST+0100

CPU is only a bit slower than the one in the list. To be honest, you don't really need a CPU cooler, but this one works well and is fairly cheap. You'd just have to remove the top side fan in the case for it to fit. Motherboard works well and fits the budget. Memory is cheap and goes well with the case. I wouldn't use the SSD you have (slower than most SSDs, Kingston has had controversy over it), so the 120GB BX100 is faster and isn't that much more expensive. I would've gone with a 280X, but that would've put the wattage up to 458W, which is a bit too high considering you've already bought the 500W PSU, so I went with a 960 instead. Not a fan of the case, but you got something you liked. Would've gotten a higher-wattage PSU, but that's okay as we can still make it work. Optical drive is cheap and works well.

Also, other vendors don't really bite, so you can probably reduce the cost a bit by buying components from places instead of eBuyer.

rgMLSND.png

PC Specs: ASUS G75VX / Nvidia GeForce GTX 670MX / Intel Core i7 3630QM / 8GB DDR3L-1600 / 1 TB WD Blue HDD / 128GB Crucial MX100 SSD

• 1 month later...

Archived