Merging Language-Discussions

Edinev

Question

I think there are to many languages in the language discussion, you are able to merge some of them:

qxjh51.png

Marked with Yellow = Merge

Austrian and German can be m erged as German

Indian and  Indonesian can be merged (I believe I've read that the language is pretty similair) as _____

apanese   and  Korean can be merged (I believe I've read that the language is pretty similair) as _____

Spanish  and Poruguese can be merged as Spanish

Serbian is not supposed to be an external discussion since it is linked to Balkan

Swedish and Norwegian should be merged as Scandinavian

Also Moderators should be like.. What is it called, made (xD)?, for the Language discussions. Regulair admins who know English / Polish have no idea of what is going on. I'm able to Moderate the Balkan (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian) and Scandinavian (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish) part if needed.

Note: If for instance the Japanese and Korean aren't similair to eachother at all, don't blame me. It's completely different from what I know and I can only trust webpages on this one.

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

21 answers to this question

same counts for belgium and holland.we both speak dutch.(well south of belgium french soo they most likly will anyway talk on french forums)

its maybe easier to moderate things.

Hi, we will wait few more days to see which languages are used. Concerning countries like Austria, Belgium or Switzerland where they speak languages of another country, we had a problem on TeamSpeak where some people wanted to be apart. I prefer to wait e.g. one week to see if these subforums are not used.

I also don't think merge Japanese with Korean, Spanish with Portuguese and Swedish and Norwegian is a good idea... That's two differents countries. There was even a war between Japan and Korea because Korea was under the Japanese occupation. 

Concerning Indonesian, i received a PM asking if it's possible to create this section. I created it yesterday evening, so we must wait if people which PMed me, will use it.

I<3VODKA,

Polish Community Manager

"I also don't think merge Japanese with Korean," I'm not really into the Korea Japan thing. I don't think we should go after what is going on in the world with the countries, because you're just going after how close the languages are between them, not the relations. Such as Bosnia, Serbian, Croatia don't have "a good past" they are still refered to one discussion zone (Balkan) [Not serbia for some reason, that has to be changed]

"Spanish with Portuguese" Pretty close languages, the difference is the Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese, but you can't have a discussion for all countries in the world.

"Swedish and Norwegian" I live in Sweden myself, I speak fluently Swedish and I can understand both Danish, Norwegian and Swedish without any problems, and no I have not studied Danish or Norwegian. The languages are so close to eachother that I can "survive" in let's say Norway without learning a single Norwegian word.

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Indian and  Indonesian can be merged (I believe I've read that the language is pretty similair) as _____

Haha.. Too funny.. from where you got this info !! :D  Similarity in name doesn't make any sense in this case. No offense to you. To your knowledege they both are entirely different. Indian langauges itself consist of more than 4 main stream sub languages like Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu etc.. Even i have seen covoys orgainsed by players from india on ets2c.com sometimes. So i think it's better to leave indian language discussion as is. But if the community is not growing even after a definite period of time there is nothing wrong in merging the community to any other. Again.. No offense meant to you. Cheers  :)

• Upvote 1

ONE WORLD - ONE CHAIN - ONE EXPERT       IsdL2TS.gif    -----------------------------------------     InterContinental Express Freights

Easy easy easy, "I believe I've read that the language is pretty similair" right, but I get your point, it was just a thought. I think this got me a bit off track (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Indonesians), again, I'm not from the country, I haven't been there, and I just know a few stuff like that they are neihbours. No offence taken ;)

Wait wait wait... Spanish and Portuguese have to stay separated. (No offense ;) )  Says it a Spanish who doesn't understand what a Portuguese says. (If I read some Portuguese, may i can know the meaning of some words because they are similar)

Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian... comes from Latin. At present, they may have similarities, but they are different languages.

I remember a forum which had merged Spanish and Portuguese. When a Portugese reply in a Spanish topic (or viceversa) started a discussion about the language, because they could not understand each other.

• Upvote 1

IKTzLlO.png

apanese   and  Korean can be merged (I believe I've read that the language is pretty similair) as _____

The mind boggles...

Spain and Portugal are 2 different countries with different languages even though there may be some Spanish users that can speak Portuguese, what we have to think about is what about those who can only speak Spanish and Vice Versa. These two languages will not be merged 

I am an ex-community manager and Game Moderator. All ban request via pm will be ignored and must be sent through the proper channels.

I think there are to many languages in the language discussion, you are able to merge some of them:

qxjh51.png

Marked with Yellow = Merge

I don't agree, i'm Portuguese and i know that Spanish is different, i think it shouldn't be merged (only for you that are not Portuguese it's sounds completely the same).

Only for you to know, i guess that Portuguese is already "merged" because there are 2 different kinds of Portuguese:

-Portuguese from Portugal

-Portuguese from Brasil

Those 2 languages have many things in common, but Portuguese (Brasil & Portugal) should not be merged with Spanish (in my opinion).

So in my opinion it should stay like this. :)

GzYYLwe.jpg