Test your science knowledge!

HeyI'mAmethyst

So I was revising, and I came across some summary questions. Being the nice guy I am, I thought I'd let some of you try some of them, and see what I have to put up with tomorrow and on the 5th June ;)

Rules: No Googling

If you can't see the text, press and hold Ctrl and scroll with the middle mouse button.

Biology

6ZUa5K8.jpg

Chemistry

46Zqi44.jpg

Physics

oxiKpWi.jpg

Have fun! ;)

What grade in school is this?

This is from a higher tier revision guide. The only other one is a foundation (but that's too easy for me :P). With foundation exam max grade is a C (which is the minimum grade to pass) and higher exam goes to A* (maximum grade you can get)

2)

H H H  | | |H-C-C-C-H  | | |  H H H
Next one do 3 ;P
Correct!

Biology:

1: fit: physically/mentally active;

healthy: medically sound, various meanings including nutrition and physical issues. NO one is perfect therefore no one can be truly healthy :P

2: can't be bothered I don't like smokers...

3: don't smoke for a day, it'll cause you to stress out because you have not had your "fix". Smoking is a drug, no different then any other if you don't have it you can and usually do get stressed out, which leads to increased blood pressure...

4: lack of blood flow forces the heart to work harder and faster.

5: because everyone wants us to eat red meat and die... aka Idk and I obviously never took biology XD

6: kwhatwhat? I'm just going to blame smartphones k? No googling sucks lol

7: too broad of a question... anorexia, or depression are 2 common ones which could lead to it...

8: http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/user/2023-egg-roll/

Lol no not really...

A parasite is something that latches on either for a time or till removed to a host with the intent to cause harm to the host

9: ... resisting a joke here

10: if only it said euthanization...

11: one loves you and will stay forever, the other with some hate towards it (medical attention) should leave for life.

12: putting 2 blind people in a room asking them to do a impossible task.

13: internal chemical or external? Because it could be either good or bad. Example street drugs, vs the (I forget the name) chemical you body makes to make you think you stupidly love someone.

14: why should I? Stupid people don't care...

15: it requires a ignition to start... basically smoke the smoke from a fire, same result, just with no "fix" and prob a immediate emergency visit...

I'll stop for now but wow this was hard... I speed all science classes in grass 10 sum 13+ years ago XD

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

chemistry. let me see what I remember after years)

1. C6 H14

2. H H H

|  |   |

H-C-C-C-H

|   |  |

H H H

3.            t

Mg + O2 -> MgO2 (oops, after googling I see MgO)

4. 2Na + H2O -> 2NaOH + H2

5. hydrofobic - substance that isn't wetted with water

6. emulsifier - substance that helps to mix subctances that aren't mixed each other normally

7. hmm not sure. maybe cuz it contains starch that is digested only being dissociated after heat treatment.

8. not sure again. caustic soda?

9. mm.. alcohols

10. well, let it be volatile, good smell, soluble

11. liquid or gas. not so strong (more in liquid and less in gas obv) :)

12. it evaporates well at normal temperatures

13. salt - solute, water - solution

14. hmm.. water is polar solvent, its moleculas need polar charge of solute to be able to dissolve, but moleculas of nail varnish don't have it

15. solution of protein in water

16. no clue

17. it must be a substance that change its color according to temperature. dunno examples tho)

18. some substance that has photoluminescence. but idk what kind of photoluminescence actually is using in watches

19. ethylene obv. it is easy in russian, cuz polyhtene called in russian "polyethylene" :P

20. actually I don't understand extactly what does "weak" or "strong" mean here (as well as in 11 point), but it should be weak I guess

21. -burning: toxic gas is produced

-buryng: it decomposes for a hundrets years

to be continued...

22.     H  H

R1-C=C-R2

H  H

23. don't remember. it should use easy reaction of double bound obv.

24. false - vice versa: shortes hydrocarbones are easiest and go to top

25. don't remember (

26. they have less intermolecular bounds

27. to make alkanes with less C atoms in molecula from alkanes with more C atoms.

28. high temperature (need high energy to dissociate C-C bound), idk the second (maybe absenсe of oxidizer to prevent combustion)

29. hmm, maybe 1. fossil fuels - cheapest fuel 2. amount of objects that need fuel increases

30. omg. obv such country uses a lot of machines that need fuel/gas (cars, at home, industry etc). obv they will stop without fuel. no trucks anymore too

31. they envelop birds feathers and birds become unable to fly

32. hmm. don't know all 4, but main is benefit :P (that contains pollution, efficiency, cost etc)

33. well, 1 less pollution, 2 more efficiency

34. well not sure in reaction, but something like

C2H6 + 3O2 -> CO + CO2 + 3H2O

35. mm, result of combustion in volcanoes?

36. O2 produced by plants and bacteria in photosynthesis. No clue about N2. maybe bacteria too when rotting?

37. ehh, don't want to remember and scetch:P

38. hmm no clue

39. mmm should be carbon monoxide

PS. yep I'm far from Heisenberg (i mean known serial :) )

• 1 month later...

Archived