Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I'm getting tired of translating over and over again.

Edinev

Question

At first I translated the files for ETS2MP Portal. A day later Rootkiller added a couple of more lines, so I re-translated it. A day goes by and I also translate into Bosnian. Now all of a sudden, all the files are gone again and I have to re-translate it all, you do realise that people are getting pretty tired of this line update over and over again - I wasted hours to translate the other files, and now I have to do it again!?

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

8 answers to this question

Right, with "having to translate" I ment more like, I want to translate it, and I did 3 times, but the file keeps changing and it just gets me annoyed. Will there ever be a permanent one?

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Right, with "having to translate" I ment more like, I want to translate it, and I did 3 times, but the file keeps changing and it just gets me annoyed. Will there ever be a permanent one?

Yes, but since the website is still in development you might not expect one anytime soon.

Why don't you keep a copy of this file you have translated, and just edit the changes that was made? 

In that case you don't need to retranslate the whole file!

Sorry about my bad language, I don't speak werry good english, so I hope you can  understand what I mean to say!

Well the problem is he adds codes to it, that means, not just in the bottom line, but in the middle of it. Having to track that is harder then just translating it lol

It sounds like there's a bigger issue with the site if you want more than 1 language site. Rootkiller: why not use gettext and use that to translate the site, alá how most multilingual projects do? It will at least permit you to have a more generic aproach to translations.

Edit:

I just saw the translation thread, and well, @op: you're doing it wrong, create an account on github, Fork the repo, submit your changes to your own repo, when rootkiller updates the repo, pull and merge from his, work in branches.

There are a lot of examples on how to use Git efficiently and right around online, Github even have a "client" that simplifies the merging process a little for you!