Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Scandinavia Expansion vs. ProMods

Noxii

Hi

As I suppose most of you know Scandinavian Expansion is out, this was an expansion I was looking forward to a lot since my hometown(Karlskrona) is in it. It's finally here and I love it actually, there's a lot of places that i recognize such as "Västberga" roundabout and where E4 leading down to Helsingborg and 73 leading to Nynäshamn splits in Stockholm.

It's really fun to see new cargo in the game and some familiar places to me as a Scandinavian person, however there are some things I'm less satisfied with in this expansion. For example the road from Karlskrona out to the port is the only part of Karlskrona that i recognize and since it's my hometown shouldn't i be able to recognize more places. The port is also wrong, in the real port there's only 1 road leading to and from the ferry and not 2 as in the game. These are two things that bugs me a bit, but don't get me wrong i still love the expansion and think SCS did a lovely job on it.

Now to my question for all of you, which do you consider better Scandinavian Expansion or ProMods and please explain why?

For me it's really hard to pick one since I love them both, what i like to see more in the future for the whole of ETS2 tho is smaller and more challenging delivery and pickup places. In ProMods they have one that I really like and it's Lidl, it's not that small or tight tho it's thight(er) than any place I've seen in the ordinary game incl Scandinavian Expansion. Or have I missed something, is there a thight or small place to deliver to in the Scandinavian Expansion?

0vJiaqVl.jpg

As some of you might recognize this is a Lidl store in ProMods and i like how there's sometimes cars close and how you have to reverse it in and it's not that much free space.

How about you guys, what do you think about this. Do you feel happy about the cargo terminals as they are now or would you like some smaller, more complicated, tighter or just more challenging places?

Think that's all I had to say for now and I apologize in advance for any misspelling or such, English is my 3rd language and it's past midnight so I'm pretty tired. Would really appreciate some response from you guys tho!  :)

Best Regards

Engel.

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

imgur is down right now it seems.  Do you mean a spot like this one in ProMods?  Imagine this in MP without NC enabled! :lol:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577894100799992700/8F8CB35E468C00C0222E420BD079AA7B4A11820D/

I really hope SCS would do a "Going Southwest" expansion to fully include Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and Ireland as I believe that's what ProMods was aiming for when I last checked over a year ago.

I really hope SCS would do a "Going Southwest" expansion to fully include Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and Ireland as I believe that's what ProMods was aiming for when I last checked over a year ago.

Considering "scandinavia' was called dlc_north.scs and we already had an dlc_east (Going East DLC), one might expect someday a dlc_south.scs which might be referred to as the Mediterranean DLC.

Cities are not depicted realistically in ETS2. SCS does try to include some landmarks.

The port is also wrong, in the real port there's only 1 road leading to and from the ferry and not 2 as in the game.

That is minor. How about the fact that the P&O ferry at EP doesn't go to Harwhich, but to Hull! It is the Stena Line ferry that goes from 'Rotterdam' to Harwhich, but is located in Hoek van Holland which is at the other side of the Maas river.

Or that Germany is missing a major ferry harbor between Hamburg and Kiel near Lubeck called 'Travelmunde' and something like 6 or 7 different ferry lines to mostly Scandinavian destinations.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

I prefer the DLC because I like how it feels like a new game, I feel promods like it's not really worth it, I don't like the textures etc.

I'd like the idea of Promods but I don't feel like it's worth it.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

I recognize some parts of ProMods in the Scan DLC, but i think you haven't seen it all yet. There are some pretty tight situations in the new dlc..

Please enlighten me where? I haven't seen any really and i think i have picked up and dropped of att pretty much every place there is.

The the Marina dropoff isn't that easy and also the quarries have some interesting dropoff points. Especially if you reverse and keep the dashboard view (e.g using your mirrors).

But most of all, I really like the environment that SCS was able to create. ProMods just created a few roads. I love the Norwegian roads. I just keep trucking between those Norwegian cities. I wonder how many people actually slowed down and actually really watch those beautiful views.  Churches, houses, lakes, fjords, they've create an atmosphere I didn't see in ProMods. Now, that is not entirely fair, as SCS worked very hard on the rendering engine to provide ETS2 drivers a real Scandinavia experience.. 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

The the Marina dropoff isn't that easy and also the quarries have some interesting dropoff points. Especially if you reverse and keep the dashboard view (e.g using your mirrors).

But most of all, I really like the environment that SCS was able to create. ProMods just created a few roads. I love the Norwegian roads. I just keep trucking between those Norwegian cities. I wonder how many people actually slowed down and actually really watch those beautiful views.  Churches, houses, lakes, fjords, they've create an atmosphere I didn't see in ProMods. Now, that is not entirely fair, as SCS worked very hard on the rendering engine to provide ETS2 drivers a real Scandinavia experience.. 

I totally agree with you about the enviroment in the game it's really nice and i love it too, don't think I've been to those 2 dropoffs.

I can also admit that I don't really slow down in Norway just to admire the scenery since I work as a truck driver in Northern Norway I've already seen the most of it.  ;)

Another big advantage with the dlc is the mp compability. ....

And sp mod compability, being that it's an official dlc, and not a mod, most mod will work with it (or, atleast as soon as the mod is updated. ...)

Also means we'll get updates via patches automatically

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

• 5 weeks later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived