Convoys - Is this how you do it?

Karim21K

Question

Hello folks,

I got a question regarding convoys in this game. As most of you are probably familiar with there is a website where people can organizes convoys. In it you can find where/and when convoys will start and where they will end, but I have a specific problem. I can never seem to find a trailer that starts from that specific convoy starting point and that ends at the place where the convoy will end. So I end up paying 12000 dollars in a fee everytime I want to do a convoy because of this problem. Is this how everybody does it or ?

spacer.png

7 answers to this question

you never have to and should not pay that. if you want to organize a convoy go to the next website: http://ets2c.com/

what I do to get a trailer is go in single player and get a trailer there using the developer cam.

I hope this is the answer you wanted.

Greetings Ruben

Hi Ruben thats what I do, I go to that website, check the starting point of the convoy. Then I go into SP to get a trailer job for the destination the convoy is going to. Then I teleport to the convoy starting point.  Then I save the game and go into MP. But since the delivery is basically always going to be late because I have to teleport a longer distance (depending on the convoy starting point) , so I got a shorter time to get to the delivery point. Does this make sense?

Here is a scenario.

Lets say the convoy (on http://ets2c.com/ ) is starting from Paris to Venezia. So now I need to get a trailer - but no trailer in SP is going from Paris to Venezia. But I see that there is a trailer job going from Milano to Venezia. So I take that job trailer - then teleport to Paris, sign off and go into MP. But since the MP convoy is starting from Paris to Venezia, its gonna take a much longer time to get to Venezia. And since the SP trailer job was only between Milano and Venezia, I am gonna be VERY late and have to pay a big fee.

This is my problem.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Some guy on Youtube said that there is supposed to be some desync between the server and SP  thats supposed not to make you late. I will see today.

spacer.png

This is because the time on SP is different to the time on MP, Same as if you got a job on MP, Exit the game and then go back later, Your job will probably be 'Late' due to that the MP time does not stop, When you log out.

Hence the reason why this happens.

It is most considerable to get a job while on MP, 

Make sure to click Drive first so that it syncs the time and gives you...Proper loads.

Hope this is the answer that you required!

spacer.png

• if you take job in single player and move to MP, you'll get some ridiculous10000h till you're late (its made in case if server goes down , you won't be late when it gets up and you reconnect)

Check if you have multiple jobs - The convoy's end is your final destination - it doesn't mean you have to get job directly to there - take job to e.g. Dijon on Bern, from there, take job to Venice

Its not necessary to have a job directly to as mentioned above Venice - Drive in convoy to there, afterwards simply continue to your destination

There's way to teleport around cities with console - just get any job to the desired destination and teleport to Paris(better be from town which is at least as far away as paris)

• Upvote 1

• if you take job in single player and move to MP, you'll get some ridiculous10000h till you're late (its made in case if server goes down , you won't be late when it gets up and you reconnect)
  • Check if you have multiple jobs - The convoy's end is your final destination - it doesn't mean you have to get job directly to there - take job to e.g. Dijon on Bern, from there, take job to Venice
  • Its not necessary to have a job directly to as mentioned above Venice - Drive in convoy to there, afterwards simply continue to your destination
  • There's way to teleport around cities with console - just get any job to the desired destination and teleport to Paris(better be from town which is at least as far away as paris)

What an awesome moderator you are FS, thank you, I will try this.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png