Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Little Tip On Signs:

KaizerNO

Hello Truckers! :D

Today I wanted to share with you 2 signs that I see is not being obeyed by some people. Of course, you don't have to obey them, but if you do, you will make the game more fun to play and even more realistic, which is good for players who like to play realistic. So take a look at these signs, take note when you are driving and remember what they mean to you and others. :)

Also, it is nice that people stop and let you out on the road :)

First, here is a sign i guess everyone has seen before. It either got a white triangle inside of it or a yellow. (depends on country you are in)

This sign is called a "Yield" sign. This sign can be found in Intersections going on to e.g highways, two way roads and actually all roads that leads somewhere or connects to another road.  

If this sign is faced towards you, you need to wait until there are no trucks/cars coming from left or right. If it is clear, you can drive, but if there are someone coming, you have to wait until they have passed.

250px-Sweden_road_sign_B1.svg.png

Second sign is this. This sign is usually in this color and shape, but I might be wrong about the colors. 

So, this sign is called many things, but from what i found out it is being called "Right Of Way" in some countries. If this sign is facing you, it means that you can go before the other people who got the "Yield", or "Stop" sign facing them. This sign can be found in the same places as the "Yield" sign, but sometimes on different locations.

Vikeplikt.jpg

Just to throw some more pictures so you know where they can be:

shl124Y.png

hb9oA7i.png

A6qIe5s.pnggv1HZQN.png

76561198052285662.png

Helpful Websites: (Reddit Techsupport) (TMP Support) (SCS BlogUpdated: 12.01.18

Got a couple more that can be usefull with the new dlc

103106.jpeg?_encoded=2f66666666666678302    2 lanes going in the same direction merges into 1, neither got right of way.

103069.jpeg?_encoded=2f66666666666678302   103082.jpeg?_encoded=2f66666666666678302  Acceleration lane merges with right hand lane, neither got right of way

107685.jpeg?_encoded=2f66666666666678302  Right lane stops ( and left lane got right of way )

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Still need to be careful as the roads can be narrow.  I "ignored" a yield sign in the exact same circumstances, to smash into a truck who took his "priority" right turn wide.

Some trucks need a wide turn because of things like longer trailers (low loaders), a longer chassis (Actros) or both. Seems like you were being a bit of an ass not giving others enough room.

Maybe it is easier to remember it if it is the same shape ;)

Nope, it has all to do with recognition.

These are special signs and their form is unique to their meaning. A yield sign is ALWAYS a triangle with the point down. The Right of Way sign is always a square with stand on it's corner. A stop sign is always a octagon. A triangle with the point up is always a warning sign. That why the sign 100m (yards) from the junction is faced with the point up..

Why are these shapes so important? Well, think what happens after a snow storm. The sign faces are all covered with snow, so you can't see what they are saying. So the really important signs have gotten unique shapes.

The last few decades European countries started to align their traffic signs, so European car drivers can expect pretty much the same rules as when he is driving home. Foreign drivers (tourists) are already in an unfamiliar environment, using the same signs across Europe causes less stress (and accidents). And now Europe is 'one happy family' same standardization is nice. Now, if it was also that easy for speeding limits..

Last weekend I was in the UK (London) and I noticed that I found it easier to drive in the UK after 'practicing' driving on the other side of the road. And I made it back home safe ;-) 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Still need to be careful as the roads can be narrow.  I "ignored" a yield sign in the exact same circumstances, to smash into a truck who took his "priority" right turn wide.

I don't mean to drive blindly like the road is yours - just keep in mind its a game and compared to RL there are some differences which will always remain - e.g. map limits, NCZs etc.

When there are no signs or markings saying otherwise, traffic coming from the right has right of way. Left in the UK.

Seems to be many that don't know that, there are places in the game where I've seen people not following those rules and it's caused near collisions(but no actual collisions luckily).

Hey guys, let me add a few signs from my country for 'incoming traffic':

KZA037001_1_240x240.jpg

This sign is a warning for a road-section, that incoming traffic is to be expected. The reason why this signal is used, that a section of a road can become tighter so you must expect incoming traffic and act accordingly. Noone has priority, so you must drive carefully.

baleset_ellen_t%C3%A1bla.jpg

This sign is similar to the previous one, but this time you have priority and anyone else coming from the opposite way must stop to give way.

The opposite for this sign looks like this:

els_szab_009.jpg

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

Hey guys, let me add a few signs from my country for 'incoming traffic':

KZA037001_1_240x240.jpg

This sign is a warning for a road-section, that incoming traffic is to be expected. The reason why this signal is used, that a section of a road can become tighter so you must expect incoming traffic and act accordingly. Noone has priority, so you must drive carefully.

From my experience, that sign is used to let you know that you can expect trafick both ways, ofthen used when the high way ends,  or, like in sweden ingame, when the divider between the lanes ends.

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

• 1 month later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived