Favourite Trucks

KrazyMudkip

Tired of my Renault Magnum I think, after 187.300 km on odometer :D  Actually tired using pop-up GPS otherwise it has the best looks and interior view.

Currently on DAF 106XF 460 6x2 , handles much better than 4x2 Renault in those scandinavian junctions (maybe that's me), sick interior.

Waiting for Renault Range T and Mercedes Actros Euro 6  to be released in new updates.... Will definitely be driving them for several thousand kms!

I drive the DAF XF Euro 6 with a MX13-303 (410HP) engine. But I might upgrade it to MX13-340 (460HP) engine was it's a little underpowered for a few climbs in Scandinavia.. Especially around Bergen it had a very hard time..

The company were I did my 'internship' has also uses several XF105 trucks, but with a 16-speed transmission of type '16 S 2520 TO'. I have build this transmission as a mod for myself, but cannot use it in MP ;-(

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

• 2 weeks later...

ugh another " favourite truck " thread, there are like 5-6 of them already existing.

Anyways mine is Volvo and will always be my favourit, good looking truck both out&inside also got a powerful engine although i'm not using it since 460 works just fine in my opinion.

DAF XF Euro 6 is the truck I have. To me it handles like a charm, climbs hills, flies down the interstate, I believe it's great. However on that note, acceleration is slow, but with the new update, after about 20 kmh, it just takes off. Outside and inside look great, and I know I will be keeping my DAF for a long time.

I'm a big fan of both the Volvo and Scania, I think the Scania sounds and acts lovely tho the Volvo is much more a lovely sight for the eyes both the old and new one.

As for real life i prefer the Volvo since the gearbox in it I-Shift is perfect for Norwegian roads which consists of a lot of hills and mountains to cross. The Scanias automatic gearbox used to be shite compared to the I-Shift tho they have come a long way now with theirs as well and Scania is quite good too.

As for in the game I prefer the Volvo but now as the new Mercedes Actros will be put into the game I'm planning to buy that one instead and use it.

Tho there's one thing that really irritates me in-game and it's that damn indicator sound, I don't know about DAF, MAN or Iveco but I do know that it's really off in all the Volvos and Scanias and also in the new Mercedes Actros. In my eyes this is something they should have fixed ages ago and cannot understand why the haven't. To some it's a minor problem but to me it's something that needs to be fixed throught the game with every truck not having the correct sounds.

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

Archived