Random crashes on road now cant pick a job without crash

d@z

all was working fine for a hour then i get a few random crashes when out on road and it takes me 3 loads to finish a job, now i cant pick a job without it instantly crashing to desktop and locking up my computer

Mod Version: 0.1.1 r2
Controllers Used: Afterglow xbox 360 controller
Description of Issue: see above
How to reproduce: try pick a job
Screenshots / Videos: n/a unless you want see my desktop?

Crash Log: http://pastebin.com/cNGyAr94

TruCkDr1V3r is right. The Christmas Paintjobs DLC has been released today and the MP certainly does not support it yet. Your game crashes whenever someone who's wearing one of the new paintjobs on their truck gets in your radius area.

They should be considerate and not use the new paintjobs until the mod is patched. Most people should know by now that the game crashes if you use a paintjob that is not yet supported. Rotterdam is being a pain at the moment because of these crashes. I thought my game wouldn't crash now that I have my DLC installed as well but this time it still does. I see that I'll have to go on singleplayer if I want to drive off Rotterdam, today.

Seriously people. DO NOT APPLY ANY OF THE CHRISTMAS PAINTJOBS TO YOUR TRUCK IN MULTIPLAYER!!

• Upvote 2

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

TruCkDr1V3r is right. The Christmas Paintjobs DLC has been released today and the MP certainly does not support it yet. Your game crashes whenever someone who's wearing one of the new paintjobs on their truck gets in your radius area. They should be considerate and not use the new paintjobs until the mod is patched. Most people should know by now that the game crashes if you use a paintjob that is not yet supported. Rotterdam is being a pain at the moment because of these crashes. I thought my game wouldn't crash now that I have my DLC installed as well but this time it still does. I see that I'll have to go on singleplayer if I want to drive off Rotterdam, today.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! People being considerate? Considerate people are certainly few and far between. But yes, you're most definitely right Dragon. It's an issue with the new DLC that was released today. I had hear rumor that the devs are working on a fix but they can't provide an ETA. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! People being considerate? Considerate people are certainly few and far between. 

Doesn't change the fact that it is true.

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

TruCkDr1V3r is right. The Christmas Paintjobs DLC has been released today and the MP certainly does not support it yet. Your game crashes whenever someone who's wearing one of the new paintjobs on their truck gets in your radius area.

They should be considerate and not use the new paintjobs until the mod is patched. Most people should know by now that the game crashes if you use a paintjob that is not yet supported. Rotterdam is being a pain at the moment because of these crashes. I thought my game wouldn't crash now that I have my DLC installed as well but this time it still does. I see that I'll have to go on singleplayer if I want to drive off Rotterdam, today.

Seriously people. DO NOT APPLY ANY OF THE CHRISTMAS PAINTJOBS TO YOUR TRUCK IN MULTIPLAYER!!

Rotterdam is right where i am, im not even gettin as far as the road tho, im stuck on the in game menus where you pick a job, select job....... crash and burn

Rotterdam is right where i am, im not even gettin as far as the road tho, im stuck on the in game menus where you pick a job, select job....... crash and burn

I had to completely exit steam and restart when I spawned to my garage in Felixstowe. I would get about 5 minutes in and then crash. Rinse and repeat 3 times, gave up and switched to my garage in Bern. Crashed Again. Exited the game, and then it wouldn't even load to menu. The only thing that helped was going close to the Going East DLC area where there are less trucks, after a restart of steam, and I'm still crashing. Rotterdammit should be awful because there's about 200+ trucks at the minimum there at any given time and if any one of those trucks has the new paintjob DLCs applied to it, they'll crash everyone within their view radius. 

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Load your save is enough to make the issue affect you for when you load it makes you spawn in the world. And when you do, your client starts to receive data from the server, including the issues caused by the unsupported DLC and thus, your game crashes.

At this point I pretty much gave up on playing MP today. I'll be better off with waiting for the patch. Hope they fix the traffic lights sync this time, too.

GP53e75.jpg

I had to completely exit steam and restart when I spawned to my garage in Felixstowe. I would get about 5 minutes in and then crash. Rinse and repeat 3 times, gave up and switched to my garage in Bern. Crashed Again. Exited the game, and then it wouldn't even load to menu. The only thing that helped was going close to the Going East DLC area where there are less trucks, after a restart of steam, and I'm still crashing. Rotterdammit should be awful because there's about 200+ trucks at the minimum there at any given time and if any one of those trucks has the new paintjob DLCs applied to it, they'll crash everyone within their view radius. 

well i dont have any dlc installed or paint jobs so im not one the people causing others to crash and burn

well i dont have any dlc installed or paint jobs so im not one the people causing others to crash and burn

No, you're not. It's the people who are signing on with the DLC enabled that are crashing others. In fact, if you had the DLC you might stand a better chance of not crashing, but I doubt that. Sorry if it seemed like I was saying you were at fault, because that was not my intentions. 

No, you're not. It's the people who are signing on with the DLC enabled that are crashing others. In fact, if you had the DLC you might stand a better chance of not crashing, but I doubt that. Sorry if it seemed like I was saying you were at fault, because that was not my intentions. 

Actually it's not if you have the DLC installed/enabled or not that causes the problem but have it on the truck you are currently driving. The data of the paintjob is not recognized by the mod so it doesn't know what to tell the client to render on that truck with the paintjob so it hangs (even if the client has the DLC).

• Upvote 1

GP53e75.jpg

Actually it's not if you have the DLC installed/enabled or not that causes the problem but have it on the truck you are currently driving. The data of the paintjob is not recognized by the mod so it doesn't know what to tell the client to render on that truck with the paintjob so it hangs (even if the client has the DLC).

That makes sense. Also explains why the devs were able to get the other paintjob DLCs included into the game by just telling the MP client to replace the DLC paint with a standard paint for the truck. All I know is I'd hate to have to program stuff. 

• Upvote 1

That makes sense. Also explains why the devs were able to get the other paintjob DLCs included into the game by just telling the MP client to replace the DLC paint with a standard paint for the truck. All I know is I'd hate to have to program stuff. 

Exactly!

GP53e75.jpg

This situation has basically devolved into something along the lines of this.

Random Player: "Oh Boy! I just got the new Christmas Paint DLC!" *Hurriedly applies paintjob to truck* "I can't wait to show everyone online! I'm gonna go to Rotterdam where everyone is!"

*Random Player Signs On* : "Look everyone! Look at how Christmasy my truck is!!! Hey you, parked over there, look!"  

Parked Player Crashes Out

Random Player: "Odd, he must've signed off. So did everyone here...Oh well, there's more people on the road, I'll go drive and show them!"

*20 minutes later*

Random Player: Man, as soon as I get near someone they just sign off. What gives?! Oh well, I'll just keep on trucking!"

• Upvote 1

This situation has basically devolved into something along the lines of this.

Random Player: "Oh Boy! I just got the new Christmas Paint DLC!" *Hurriedly applies paintjob to truck* "I can't wait to show everyone online! I'm gonna go to Rotterdam where everyone is!"

*Random Player Signs On* : "Look everyone! Look at how Christmasy my truck is!!! Hey you, parked over there, look!"  

Parked Player Crashes Out

Random Player: "Odd, he must've signed off. So did everyone here...Oh well, there's more people on the road, I'll go drive and show them!"

*20 minutes later*

Random Player: Man, as soon as I get near someone they just sign off. What gives?! Oh well, I'll just keep on trucking!"

lol That's pretty accurate. XD

And I tell by experience for I've been in those shoes, once, when I was new to MP and didn't know how it works. At the time they had just released the Brazilian Paintjobs DLC and I bought it and wanted to show off my blue macaws paint on one of my Volvos but everyone nearby seemed to disconnect whenever I got close. Didn't take me long to realize it was because of the DLC and that the mod didn't support it yet, though. Once I figured it out I removed the paint and all worked well. I felt bad for the people I made crash, though.

This is basically what happens on the end of the player who's got the unsupported paintjob on their truck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbTAouAX7R8

GP53e75.jpg

lol That's pretty accurate. XD

And I tell by experience for I've been in those shoes, once, when I was new to MP and didn't know how it works. At the time they had just released the Brazilian Paintjobs DLC and I bought it and wanted to show off my blue macaws paint on one of my Volvos but everyone nearby seemed to disconnect whenever I got close. Didn't take me long to realize it was because of the DLC and that the mod didn't support it yet, though. Once I figured it out I removed the paint and all worked well. I felt bad for the people I made crash, though.

This is basically what happens on the end of the player who's got the unsupported paintjob on their truck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbTAouAX7R8

Lol, OMG all those people at the 0:30 second mark that just crashed...

Ah well, it'll get support. I wonder if maybe the forum moderators posted notices or something that might slow the issue down a bit. I think the real problem with the Christmas DLC was that it was free so a lot of people ended up picking it up. 

• 4 weeks later...