Flag(s) next to Name

2 hours ago, TurklerRS said:

Don't we have enough discrimination aganist nations as is? I mean, don't haven't seen anyone make fun of someone just because they're Russian. (And if you actually haven't, feel free to hit up the chat at Calais, it's a quite ''Brilliant'' experience.) Adding flags will just make it worse.

Is it any different than having your country code in your tag? Nope, players are going to know from which country you're connected to TMP. It's the exact same thing, except with this feature, we're going to be seeing flags instead of long and awful colored tags. The only minor difference is the flag, which isn't a significant change by any means, this feature serves the purpose of making it easier for players to recognize countries, and to rid country codes that have been around for as long as TMP's release.

However, personally? I believe it shouldn't be featured, primarily because we have the option and liberty to share and conceal where we're coming from/currently located at, however we want, and whenever we want. This feature would strip us from that option and forcibly reveal our location, and possibly lead to more harassment as you mentioned.

• 1 month later...

@kuzn8s So others around us know that we are most likely to understand a certain language. My case [ESP] I can understand and reply in Spanish. Someone with [GER] or [DE] is showing others that they can use German to communicate. There are lots of players who can't understand English, country codes can help them find other players who speak their language. No one is forced to have them, it's a choice we make to ease things for others.

Or maybe it's simply that we are proud of being Spanish, German, Turkish, Chinese or whatever else and we use the codes to show off B)

• 1 month later...
  • Project Manager

I am going to share my personal opinion with you guys.

First of all, I can understand that some people want to show that they speak a specific language using tags like [FR]/[GER]/[RUS]/[TR]/... In this case everyone is free to put such things in their name, steam profile picture or tag.

My issues with this suggestion are the following:

- We already have enough racism in the community, unfortunately. I often see comments like "all turks can't drive" and similar comments. This is most times related to their names or tags. If we would force flags next to peoples names as well, it would cause more problems. And such racist comments are not being tolerated in our community.

- Another thing? We have have the profile picture, the name and the ID next to each other. If we would now add another thing it will look even larger and more like a mess.

- Flags are too little. Many flags are similar and all flags would be displayed small. Of course, you could see a difference between the US and Spain. But looking at Croatia, Luxembourg and the Netherlands - all look very similar.

Even making the option optional would lead to confusion and is not needed in my opinion.

This is my personal opinion on this suggestion. Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

I have to agree with @[RLC] Lasse, adding "flags" next to players name is not only bit pointless as it would add another small icon next to your nick, but also cause a lot of hate on other players for their nationality, such as Turkish, Russian, Chinese etc. 

If you want to show where are you from, you can put [country] next to your nick, like I have [PL] (Poland), if you don't, the you don't. Simple.

banner

• 3 weeks later...

I never really thought about this sort of thing but now you mention it I think it would actually be quite a nice thing to have. Just a selection of flags to choose from in the tab menu. 

+1 from me :D 

EDIT: Having read more of the replies to this post, some people do actually raise some good points against them; such as them being too small or just encouraging discrimination against certain people. 

3 hours ago, Phon said:

I never really thought about this sort of thing but now you mention it I think it would actually be quite a nice thing to have. Just a selection of flags to choose from in the tab menu. 

+1 from me :D 

EDIT: Having read more of the replies to this post, some people do actually raise some good points against them; such as them being too small or just encouraging discrimination against certain people. 

They do that anyway, nothing new there......I say add it, the whole racist argument on flags needs to f off, its bad enough when you hear about it during the bloody world cup! We have gone from taking pride in our flags to " im offended by your flag, im calling the police "....il leave it at that before i go somewhere i dont want to go lol

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good idea, but I think the cleaner the user name display field is, the better the avatar would be for the flag.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

+1 This would be an amazing idea, you could meet other people from your own country or from other ones, this would make easier to start a conversation with people that speak the same languague as you do.

But people should decide if they want to show their country or no, because there is people that wouldn't like it.

Suggestion Description: Well right now people use tags to say where they are from ([sWE], [GER], [uK] etc), why dont you add an option before you join the game where you can choose up to 2 flags to say where you are from (if you want to). This is available on TS3 and it should be available in-game as well.

Илиян Каменов