Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Took 388 hours to drive 200 km?

KingKj52

Question

I've been getting a lot of late times on multiplayer. I'm from the US, connecting to the EU server (strictly because of the massive amount of players comparatively) and when I finish a job, I end up getting no XP or money because my supposed time taken is hundreds of hours higher than what it actually took. Is this a fixable bug on my end, or is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it because I'm connecting to the EU server? My ping there is still pretty low so I'm not sure if that's the issue.

11 answers to this question

A quick job might also cause issues, if you got your own truck and get a load by driving up to the place, does it happen then?

I don't know how Quick jobs are implemented, heck I thought they where impossible to use in MP even :)

Nah. Quick Jobs work fine. I use them every now and then for variety and to save some money in fuel and maintenance of my trucks. I've had this issue a couple times. Though in my case I still got all the XP and money and good qualification normally. In my case, what happened is that I loaded a quick-save of the same trip because of a rammer. When I arrived it said that I took 5000+ hours to complete the trip (one of the times it happened). Perhaps that's what's going on? Maybe he's loading a save/quick-save in the middle of the trip?

Say, King... is it happening every single time or just at random? Have you loaded any save during the trips in which had that happening? One thing that could also be causing the issue is the economy. Try giving it a "flush" (reset it) on singleplayer and do a couple deliveries to get things running. (switch places with your company drivers also does the trick. Switch places with a few, if you have any, then go back to your own truck before returning to MP.)

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I don't think I've loaded a save mid-trip. This is my first time playing so I haven't even got my own truck yet ;p. uhmmm.. this last trip, it said time taken was 71,582,416 hours and 3 minutes; somehow, however, it was on time still. I switched to US server for this job to see if it fixed it. Hmm..

Oh, I see. So maybe that's why the times messed up. Time on MP is controlled server-side. When you switch servers or to SP, the game can't tell what the real time of your trip is.

If I may suggest, you should save up some money and buy your own truck before hopping onto multiplayer. Or get a loan. Once you have your own truck (and is fully rested) you should be able to do Quick Jobs in MP just fine. That way you can make some cash faster than you'd do driving your own truck for that way you won't have to spend money on fuel and repairs. The loan should be paid in no time. I also recommend that despite doing that, you use your own truck for the longest trips. You'll be spending money on fuel and repairs but you'll also be getting a bigger paycheck (supposing you don't crash/damage the trailer and don't get late). Go with Quick Jobs for shorter trips.

P.S: If you want a good truck for the best price, I recommend buying the Volvo FH16 Classic. Not because it's what everybody uses, but it's because it's the truck that offers the best specs for the lowest price. About 99k (or 98k if you remove some stock accessories) and you can get a simple model with a engine of around 580HP (or was it 560? I forgot the exact horsepower), which is upgradable up to 750HP (the best in the game). Other truck brands only have weaker engines for that 99k price tag. And they cannot be upgraded past 700HP. (Except for the Scanias. They can go up to 730. Though Scanias are more expensive than than Volvos.)

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

We won't touch economy time until SCS won't stop supporting ETS2. Networked economy is that part that requires a lot of changes in game and we don't want to put it when SCS is releasing frequent patches - porting will take up to 1 month with economy. Economy will contains (in short):

1. Companies
  2. Multiplayer-specified jobs (Ready to do convoys etc)
  3. Convoy system with (voice chat?)
  4. All aspects of gameplay stored in database (profiles, jobs etc)
  5. More

When we will publish economy update all job times will be stored in server so after reconnect everything will be downloaded from server and those strange things won't happen.

Greetings.

• Upvote 6

We won't touch economy time until SCS won't stop supporting ETS2. Networked economy is that part that requires a lot of changes in game and we don't want to put it when SCS is releasing frequent patches - porting will take up to 1 month with economy.

That's unfortunate, they've been promising to keep updating ETS2...

haha i swear this is the first time i am hoping SCS to stop patching :P

but cant u just do the economy update on a certain version of ets2?for example after release of going north DLC.

and instead updating MP after every patch just update it after 3-4 patches of SCS.(soo keep on using same ets2 version even tough SCS brings new versions)

cuzz i personaly rather have this economy update and server side monney then have every last patch of SCS n flag DLC.

cuzz i personaly rather have this economy update and server side monney then have every last patch of SCS n flag DLC.

I think things like this are opinion based again, since there are so many updates that people will want supported (Scandinavia, Over sized cargo etc.) that I wouldn't see any point in MP sticking on a single patch for it. It's improvements and bug fixes which also help with MP too occasionally and if we are not supporting SCS, it's unlikely that they will support us. Again, I'm not saying I wouldn't economy features!  :)

I guess we shall have to see what the future holds, and what SCS and the MP team have planned.