Question

10 answers to this question

I have "cantarell-fonts ttf-dejavu ttf-droid ttf-liberation" from official repositories, also you can try ttf-google-fonts-git (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ttf-google-fonts-git) from AUR or from http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/

dejavu and liberation are already installed in my system.

I just install cantarell-fonts and ttf-droid : it's not work's.

i tested to install ttf-google-fonts-git from Aur :)

EDIT : it's not work's : always no font in loged windows.

i think's is a font on wine lost or lost other in my wine.

Edit2 :  error in my  terminal :

fixme:d3dx:ID3DXFontImpl_DrawTextW iface 0x46ee3d0, sprite (nil), string L"EU #1", count -1, rect (1645,992)-(0,0), format 0x120, color 0xffe5e5e5 stub!

I somehow think that this would be the easiest problem to solve if they want to support linux.....since it is free and can be downloaded by everyone....

The probable largest reason for no Linux support(at least for now) is that just porting it for windows for each new ETS2 version takes a significant amount of time(last time it was 3 weeks ;)). Considering the ABI between windows and linux is so vastly different (ELF vs. Win32/64) the resulting ASM will also be different, and hence memory locations(which ETS2MP uses to implement this awesome mod) will also all be different, ergo. Linux support, not accounting for various distros, library availability, and what not, you are effectively doubling the effort required.

EDIT : it's not work's : always no font in loged windows.

i think's is a font on wine lost or lost other in my wine.

Edit2 :  error in my  terminal :

fixme:d3dx:ID3DXFontImpl_DrawTextW iface 0x46ee3d0, sprite (nil), string L"EU #1", count -1, rect (1645,992)-(0,0), format 0x120, color 0xffe5e5e5 stub!

The description makes it sound like bug 24754 in Wine. Try doing all the suggestions from the comments, primarily:

$ winetricks d3dx9_36

or more generally:

$ winetricks d3dx9

as well as others, such as applying patches to the source code that reportedly fix the issue. Just in case the fonts are unreadable only on the login screen, here is what is written there:

E-mail:

Password:

Remember password

Play | Create account

Forgot password?

Server: {EU1, EU2, US}

Perhaps it will be fine when you log in?