Oh stop lights...

[ST] Hellser

Question

Oh, stop lights. How some of us actually uses you. Provided that all stop lights are synced (and they were the last time I played), everyone should stop at them. Regardless if you think you're clear.

Yesterday, I was going through a town - the light was green for me, so I kept rolling through at the speed limit (50 km/h). Some other player bolted right infront of me from the right side making a left hand turn. All of my means of stopping the truck turned on; retarder, exhaust brake and the air brakes. All because someone didn't have the paitence to sit at a stop light for 10-30 seconds.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a reportable offense. I've seen some players get kicked or banned for being disrespectful and not following the rules of the road back a couple of patches (before everything went freeroam). But if the former is true - that this is a reportable offense - report them. Same too for those who blaze through a town at 90 km/h. It's funny to watch two truckers crash and the two of them cuss at each other while you're an observer. But when it happens to you, it becomes an embarassment - and worse yet - you might have to load an autosave - which could be 30 minutes ago.

Obey the rules of the road. If you have any questions if you're a foreigner (such as my self), then ask on the forums. Some people will be glad to answer.

signature.png

21 answers to this question

as long as the traffic lights are not synced, ill ignore them and drive after traffic signs and look both sides before i drive.. just obay the signs (stop, yield) and slow it down a bit or drive after the "right before left" rule.

ill hope today comes a patch for the lights and the new paint dlc :)

i normaly stop at lights if i know thay are working. :)

sysp-73354.png

They're not synced? I was sure they were. How odd.

There were synced up in previous releases of the MP client, but this time round they aren't for some reason. I've heard the staff are working on a fix and it might be resolved by the next update, but please don't take it as a for sure thing, this is just what I've read and I haven't seen anything official from a dev. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Right now the traffic lights are not synced. I am sure the no team is working on a fix that will hopefully be out today or tomorrow that will also support the Christmas DLC

That would be awesome! I downloaded the mod two days ago, but still can't start playing :)

Just follow the European trafic rules when nearing trafic lights meaning:

• Give way for people commming from your right side (left side in the UK)
  • Stop at a full white line across the road or at a stop sign
  • Slow down/stop at a yield sign

Only problem is that too many poeple don't know trafic law or think that they are playing GTA with trucks  :P

• Upvote 2

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

Only problem is that too many poeple don't know trafic law or think that they are playing GTA with trucks  :P

I don't drive in RL so this information is very helpful for me :)

After the recent discovery that hey, Christmas Skins crashes people (.. oops), I refuse to get on 'till both the lights and the Christmas Skin crash thingy is fixed.

Good luck, could be a week, could be after Scandinavia. ;)

lkwsmall.png

LKW Logistics GmbH CEO

If my post has helped you out, feel free to like it.

:)

Good luck, could be a week, could be after Scandinavia. ;)

Maybe. But unbeknownst to me - the Christmas Skin crashes people. I thought there was something wrong with the server when everyone around me was disappearing / stopped / has 0ms ping. After reading on the forum, I felt guilty and now I refuse to get on 'till its fixed. :P

signature.png

Maybe. But unbeknownst to me - the Christmas Skin crashes people. I thought there was something wrong with the server when everyone around me was disappearing / stopped / has 0ms ping. After reading on the forum, I felt guilty and now I refuse to get on 'till its fixed. :P

No need to feel guilty, if you didn't know about it. However you can still play and not crash others, you'll just have to remove any Christmas paints applied to your truck. 

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

I understand completely. However my last attempt to get into a city has caused me to crash repeatably. This Skin-crashing ordeal can be used mischeviously.

True. It is quite the handy-dandy troll weapon. 

You give way to your right in England