crashes

The White Tiger

Question

So since this morning my game crashes every 2 minutes, and it's only in the mp it does it. i had to go into the singleplayer and deliver the trailer wich i then didn't get anything for because it was late, so why does the mp crash every 2 minutes. anyone got the same problem with a solution?

• Upvote 1

Guys. These crashes are due to people using the new Christmas DLC paintjobs on their trucks in MP. The mod still doesn't support it so people with the new paint makes the game crash for everybody. You will crash whenever someone who's got a Christmas paintjob enters your radius area. It doesn't matter if it's in a city or on the road. You will crash if they get near you.

The immediate solution to this is very simple:

DO NOT USE ANY OF THE CHRISTMAS PAINTJOBS ON MULTIPLAYER BEFORE IT IS PATCHED!!!

Simple as that.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Guys. These crashes are due to people using the new Christmas DLC paintjobs on their trucks in MP. The mod still doesn't support it so people with the new paint makes the game crash for everybody. You will crash whenever someone who's got a Christmas paintjob enters your radius area. It doesn't matter if it's in a city or on the road. You will crash if they get near you.

The immediate solution to this is very simple:

DO NOT USE ANY OF THE CHRISTMAS PAINTJOBS ON MULTIPLAYER BEFORE IT IS PATCHED!!!

Simple as that.

Even if i have DLC installed?(not used on my truck, just installed)

Even if i have DLC installed?(not used on my truck, just installed)

You can have the DLC installed just fine. Just don't put one of the new paintjobs on the truck you are driving on MP. You won't crash if you are the only one in an area using the new paintjob; but if someone else who is using it enters the area then the problem will happen and you both will crash (you because the other player with the DLC applied to their truck approached you and you because the other player because he approached you). Though both crashing is not a certainty. I can't tell that for sure. Regardless, if you have any of the Christamas paintjobs on the truck you are driving in MP, everyone around you will crash and keep on crashing until you are either away from them or until you change your paint.

What happens is that the data of the paintjob is not recognized by the mod so it doesn't know what to tell the client to render on that truck with the paintjob so it hangs (even if the client has the DLC). Once the mod is patched to support the new DLC it will "know" what the paintjob a truck is using is and will tell the client to render the said paintjob. And if the client doesn't have the DLC for that paintjob installed, the mod will tell it to render that boring green-looking stock paint.

So the most immediate solution to this issue before a patch is released is to simply not use the Xmas DLC paintjobs on the truck you are currently driving on MP. If no one uses it then no one will crash and we all can play happily. But try making the world understand that. ¬_¬

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I have the christmass paintjobs and I have no problems on my end, you could try to check your file integrity on steam.

You're one of the people causing others to crash by having the paintjob on your truck

All we need is for people to not use the paintjob on their trucks until theres an update

• Upvote 1

which version on steam do i now need? 1.14.1 or  1.14.2 ?

ets2mp stay craching on both version's, also if i make a new game profile.

Now i try to reinstall ets2mp 0.1.1 r2...

Looks like it's crashing when a truck with Christmas painting on it is near you (as already mentioned in this topic).

I have the christmass paintjobs and I have no problems on my end, you could try to check your file integrity on steam.

That's why it crashes. I've also got that DLC and people around me started to crash but honestly it doesn't really help me at all, after 10-15 mins. I crash as well. I guess it's a combo of DLCs that crashes users who already own Christmas DLC.

We really need a topic from the administration team to acknowledge that they are working on a fix for this..

Indeed. I'm surprised they haven't officially mentioned anything yet! Normally they put up a thread on the same day the problem is detected and it's been over 24 hours, now.

GP53e75.jpg

Indeed. I'm surprised they haven't officially mentioned anything yet! Normally they put up a thread on the same day the problem is detected and it's been over 24 hours, now.

I was thinking the exact same thing, in fact, I kept lurking in the news section to see if the topic would crop up. I haven't since checked it this morning, but I'm wondering if maybe they're all just busy working on a fix? Although, that doesn't make sense because I'm pretty sure at least one moderator or administrator doesn't code for the mod...I dunno...

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more!