Christmas Paintjobs! (Ends December 10th, 2014)

Crazyforiphone

Question

for anyone who missed out on the WOT opportunity to pic up the free Christmas Paintjob DLC it is not to late to get it discounted. Recently they published it to steam and it has a 50% discount taking it from 2USD down to 1USD.

Anyone interested the link is here.

THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE TILL DEC. 10, 2014.

IMPORTANT: THE CHRISTMAS DLC IS NOT SUPPORTED IN 0.1.1r2 AND WILL CAUSE OTHERS TO CRASH. PLEASE DO NOT USE IT UNTIL FURNER NOTICE.

UPDATE: the ETS2MP team is releasing a hotfix 0.1.1r3 to fix the paint job crashing bug along with other bugs (traffic lights still are not fixed)

sig_crazyforiphone.jpg

22 answers to this question

I havnt been home to test it but does it actually work in MP? Hopefully they release a fix to fully support it today or tomorrow.

From what I've heard if you have the DLC installed and apply a paintjob to your truck, you will still be able to connect, but the minute you go near someone (the range at which they appear in the TAB key menu) they will crash out of the game. Basically you're just trolling lines of people as you truck along happily at 55 MPH LOL. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Is this caused by the fact of simply having the DLC ? Or by simply applying one of the Paint-jobs to your truck ?

I personally stopped the download for it immediately thinking it would invalidate my ability to login. (and I still use the old Christmas paint jobs too)

You can have the DLC installed just fine. Just don't put one of the new paintjobs on the truck you are driving on MP. You won't crash if you are the only one in an area using the new paintjob; but if someone else who is using it enters the area then the problem will happen and you both will crash (you because the other player with the DLC applied to their truck approached you and you because the other player because he approached you). Thoughboth crashing is not a certainty. I can't tell that for sure. Regardless, if you have any of the Christamas paintjobs on the truck you are driving in MP, everyone around you will crash and keep on crashing until you are either away from them or until you change your paint.

What happens is that the data of the paintjob is not recognized by the mod so it doesn't know what to tell the client to render on that truck with the paintjob so it hangs (even if the client has the DLC). Once the mod is patched to support the new DLC it will "know" what the paintjob a truck is using is and will tell the client to render the said paintjob. And if the client doesn't have the DLC for that paintjob installed, the mod will tell it to render that boring green-looking stock paint.

So the most immediate solution to this issue before a patch is released is to simply not use the Xmas DLC paintjobs on the truck you are currently driving on MP. If no one uses it then no one will crash and we all can play happily. But try making the world understand that. ¬_¬

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

You can have the DLC installed just fine. Just don't put one of the new paintjobs on the truck you are driving on MP. You won't crash if you are the only one in an area using the new paintjob; but if someone else who is using it enters the area then the problem will happen and you both will crash (you because the other player with the DLC applied to their truck approached you and you because the other player because he approached you). Thoughboth crashing is not a certainty. I can't tell that for sure. Regardless, if you have any of the Christamas paintjobs on the truck you are driving in MP, everyone around you will crash and keep on crashing until you are either away from them or until you change your paint.

What happens is that the data of the paintjob is not recognized by the mod so it doesn't know what to tell the client to render on that truck with the paintjob so it hangs (even if the client has the DLC). Once the mod is patched to support the new DLC it will "know" what the paintjob a truck is using is and will tell the client to render the said paintjob. And if the client doesn't have the DLC for that paintjob installed, the mod will tell it to render that boring green-looking stock paint.

So the most immediate solution to this issue before a patch is released is to simply not use the Xmas DLC paintjobs on the truck you are currently driving on MP. If no one uses it then no one will crash and we all can play happily. But try making the world understand that. ¬_¬

Thank you very much for a speedy reply. I'll stick with my old snowman paint job from last year for now.

Thank you very much for a speedy reply. I'll stick with my old snowman paint job from last year for now.

Anytime! ;)

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >