4000 hours in game without one hand!

I'll take my hat off any day for this guy.

In my opinion any guy or girl living with some form of disability deserves a proper salute, some are more serious than others and might need guidance and professional help etc. But that this guy doens't let his disability stop him from playing a game he likes is really nice to see. Especially that it doesn't stop him from driving stick shift if now that's what he likes.

That he found a way to be able to do all this and that he let some creativity flow to make everything work better is just amazing, anyone who lives with a disability and don't let it stop them from doing what they like in the way the like and doesn't see the disability as an obstacle deserves all hats off for him/her.

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

Thanks for sharing this with the members. It's a great reminder to everyone that members all have their own challenges.

While I am fortunate to have both arms, my mobility is severely limited to my disability (Cerebral Palsy). I don't have as nice of a setup as that shown in the pictures and if I did, I'd need hand controls for the pedals. So, with the use of one finger in my left hand (for forward/brake/revers) and three fingers on my right using a trackball, I've been enjoying driving games for years.

What we should all take for the example shared by the original poster is if you want to do something bad enough, there is always a way to make it a reality. The word "can't" isn't in my vocabulary nor does it seem to be in that of the Artur PL. Here's to many more years of enjoying driving simulators Artur PL. Keep on trucking!

Not trying to be an ass or anything but what's so special about this? he lost his hand which is sad but it doesn't make it more difficult to play ETS2 since he got the G27 setup.

He could make it easier for himself and just drive automatic, but in this case he choose not to.. good for him but it doesn't make him any special though.

It might not make him special (I think everyone is special in their own way), but it is a prime example of someone not allowing an disability to dictate their life. The fact that you don't see that means that you have thus far been blessed with no real physical challenges. I pray, for your sake, that you never do.

It's truly amazing to see how people can go through such a nasty event and still get up and make the best of it. That I think is a really inspiring thing. Great appreciation for this guy and I wish him the best of luck in the future, may he continue to enjoy delivering his loads!

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

It might not make him special (I think everyone is special in their own way), but it is a prime example of someone not allowing an disability to dictate their life.

You could also interpret it the other way around: His disability dictates his life because he cannot do anything of real value. This lack of perspective leads to him spending the major part of his time with a game. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't see why this is a desirable achievement. 3500 in-game hours means playing 16 hours a day for more than 7 months. That suggests to me that due to his disability, he has no job and no perspective in life. I bet he would prefer to have fewer hours on his account.

I was going to make a similar comment, but there may or may not be underlying or additional issues, which prevent him from obtaining employment, interacting with the public etc etc. We just don't have enough data imo mate. Respect for the hours though, it shows commitment to your hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Inactive topic. Topic locked & archived.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Archived