Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Installer error

dermot100

Question

When I try to click on the zip file I get an error:

ets2.mp_client error message:

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details.

I made sure my MS C++ redistributable is up to date 

I tried two different zip programs: Winzip and 7zip but both gave the same error.

How can I fix this?

9 answers to this question

I checked the event log and it basically seemed to say the same thing: i.e. something wrong with what winzip is trying to do (as far as I understand it):

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP64.EXE".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP64.EXE.Config" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

no it is my winzip and 7zip. i checked the event log and it basically seemed to say the same thing: i.e. something wrong with what winzip is trying to do (as far as I understand it):

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP64.EXE".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP64.EXE.Config" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

no it is my winzip and 7zip. i checked the event log and it basically seemed to say the same thing: i.e. something wrong with what winzip is trying to do (as far as I understand it):

Try run the zip programs as Admin, If that does not work install winrar, it can be tricky to find so here is a link, http://www.rarlab.com/download.htmDownload: WinRAR x64 (64 bit) 5.20 For English or check below on the page for you language.

so what do i do now?

Some files could not be created.
Please close all applications, reboot Windows and restart this installation

Do you have a screenshot?

because I do not really get what you are trying to say.

|-----------------------Did that work for you?----------------------|

|--Then please give me a like and tell us that it worked--|

|---------------------------------- :D----------------------------------|

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.