Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

One of my pet peeves.

Kalido

Hey guys I was watching tv when a commercial comes on for the Toyota Hilux, usual stuff. Half way through the ad the guy calls it a truck.... this really annoys me as I've been bought up to recognise this as a truck
w900_gphoto1.jpg

and this as a car
Toyota-Hilux-gallery.jpg

Do you guys have similar views to me? I understand everywhere things are seen differently, in Australia we call that a Ute which I believe is the shortened term used for utility vehicle where some place like America call it a pick-up truck. What are your pet peeves?

Kalido.jpg

Pet peeves: daily life that annoys you, usually minor things that others do :P

ea umm I wouldn't even call that picture a pickup as it prob can't carry it's rating easily w/o killing the paint... if it looks like a off-road vehicle it's neither a pickup or a truck...

Remove the roll bars on the back I'd say it's a pickup.

Personally I hate ads that claim their pickups at trucks... there was a gm commercial (I think) with their pickup in a weight station line pulling up to the scale saying you'll think you're in a real truck. That's ok as they are claiming reliability feel or what not.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

It really annoys me when it happens, and egg-roll that is the car the ad was showing off as a heavy duty truck and I know Inthernet :P It still doesn't make me believe calling it a truck justifiable, hell the trucks in ETS2 are more like vans than trucks to me :P 

Kalido.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived